HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

The New Rant Thread

Old
05-10-2009, 08:27 PM
dbui72

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
I dont care about this. Are you forgetting Ovechkin had the same issue the offseason before his second season? Its typical sophmore stuff. In this case the destroyed the whole slump thing after a slow start. He is showing he is a big game player now.

Why beat on this guy? I dont get it.
DUDE ease up on the gas pedal, you are jumping the freakin gun.

I am not picking on Backstrom, so dont so sensitive.

My main point is that we are only seeing the tip of the ice when it comes to Backstrom. The kid has huge potential, read my other posts and take your panties out of your butt crack.

I don't care about OV, I am well of aware of his sophomore year and his party summer. It is not about OV or dogging on Backstrom dude. I am not asking to trade Backstrom or anything. I did not talk about his mother or kick his puppy.

Someone commented Backstrom is a great player and I agreed. All I said was imagine if he was serious about his conditioning at the beginning of the season how much more. MY POINT IS THE SKY IS THE LIMIT WITH HIM.

Backstrom19 did not believe he did show up to camp out of shape and I just validating that he did. Problem with that?

Last edited by dbui72: 05-10-2009 at 08:32 PM.
dbui72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

vCash: 50
I still don't think Backstrom showed up to camp 20 pounds overweight.

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:30 PM
dbui72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post
I still don't think Backstrom showed up to camp 20 pounds overweight.
Ok then no biggie we can disagree on it, but did you see the picture in Oct 2008 that I attached on my previous post? He definitely does not have a six pack then. Anyhow regardless we are lucky to have him and without him we are definitely worse off.

Old
05-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

I agree that he wasn't in great shape, but no way he was 20 pounds overweight.

Old
05-10-2009, 08:42 PM
dbui72

Hehehe, ok then its all good.

Anyhow I am 20 pds over weight at 195 recently and people would look at me thinking I was normal or skinny. My flab may not pertrude a lot like that photo of Backis but I have a large gut now.

Of course you realize that you just challenged me to go find that damn article, even if I have to go to the library of Congress and examine every microfiche.

But if you have insider information and you are the real Nicholas Backstrom, then I want to know so can apologize and go kill myself.

Sorry TXPD, I am a little too passionate about my team and hockey at times.

Last edited by dbui72: 05-10-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old
05-10-2009, 09:10 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
why is our caps rant thread started by penscup1991? Can a mod fix that? I am getting tired of seeing his name on our homepage.
Because he started the first of the threads I decided should make up this glorious thread. Actually I think its kind of apropos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbui72 View Post
Hey never mind some Caps fans here. They have sour grapes, I do not find any of your posts disrespectful. I enjoy bantering with other fans.

Ignore some testy Caps fans, they are not indicative of most.

Keep posting.
If his statement were right, maybe. But I'm pretty sure its not. I'm pretty sure he just looked at the ESPN box score which uses the basketball seating capacity to determine hockey attendance (in terms of percent full).

05-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

Quote:

Anyhow I am 20 pds over weight at 195 recently and people would look at me thinking I was normal or skinny. My flab may not pertrude a lot like that photo of Backis but I have a large gut now.

Of course you realize that you just challenged me to go find that damn article, even if I have to go to the library of Congress and examine every microfiche.

But if you have insider information and you are the real Nicholas Backstrom, then I want to know so can apologize and go kill myself.

I don't ever remember an article saying Backstrom has 20 pounds overweight. All I remember was the pictures, and Lisa Hillary on CSN saying Backstrom came into camp overweight. I don't consider Lisa Hillary a reliable source. Especially since she didn't say were she got here information.

If you ever find this article then I apologize for all the trouble.

Old
05-11-2009, 07:33 AM
dbui72

No you maybe right, I might have recalled Lisa Hillary mentioning it during a game.

Old
05-11-2009, 08:11 AM
txpd

Quote:

20lbs overweight on a frame as large as Backstrom's is not a significant thing. Not terribly unusual. Its common for football players to lean out by far more than that during training camp. Ovechkin was out of shape for his second camp. In his case it was wind more than weight and that can often be too different things.

DB, I take issue with the form in which you are passionate. Your rhetoric can be brutal. I can only read what you write. Your comments about Backstrom came across as saying Backstrom might really be good if only gave a crap. Maybe you meant to say we have only seen the tip of the iceberg because he will improve as he matures, but the words written didnt give that impression.

I am a writer by profession and often I don't get my feelings across in this form of communication very well. So its not just you.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 10:57 AM
DaleHunter

Send a message via MSN to DaleHunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90rock View Post
No, I cannot name said player, but I do think we should rehire Ron Wilson, we have never been the same since he was fired.
You're right! We haven't been the same! We've started winning in the playoffs! RW was the worst f'ing coach this team ever had and did more to F up this team than anyone other than Bruce Cassidy.

If you want to see a soft-as-kitten-fur team dressed and do ok enough to make the playoffs, but then get brutalized and knocked out in the first round... then hire Wilson. Brashear, Erskine and Bradley would be in the pressbox every game. Green/Poti would be our first D-line, with Schultz/Pothier the 2nd. Flash would be on the first line. Terry Yake and James "Big Shot" Black would be signed out of retirement to help lead our offense. Nylander would be the #1 center. If that's the type of team you want, then by all means, hire Wilson.

Am I exaggerating? Maybe a little... but seriously, rehiring RW is the dumbest suggestion I've seen in a long time.

DaleHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 06:51 AM
Urgi

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle2374133.ab

Mentioning Backstroms summertraining, according to himself he pumped even harder last summer, so feel free to translate.

Urgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 08:35 AM
yarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urgi View Post
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle2374133.ab

Mentioning Backstroms summertraining, according to himself he pumped even harder last summer, so feel free to translate.
It says at the top of the article: "Publicerad: 2008-04-30"

I think it talks about the summer before his rookie-season because he talks about signing a contract with Washington.

yarre is offline   Reply With Quote