HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyr-edm

Old
05-11-2009, 01:10 AM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
yeah i meant horcoff. and you really would be completely against a gomez for horcoff trade straight up? horcoff is a year older and signed to a year longer than gomez. has a contract nearly as bad as gomez and isnt nearly as good as gomez.
I would much much prefer Horcoff at just under 2 million less against the cap.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 01:11 AM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
I would much much prefer Horcoff at just under 2 million less against the cap.
he gets paid as a 1st line center and has averaged considerably less points per season than gomez. like gomez has 6 or 7 seasons of more points than horcoffs 2nd best year. that 2m is a big difference in quality.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 01:22 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

The difference in offense between Gomez (in a good year) and Horcoff (in a good year) isn't enough to make me want to spring for an extra $2 million cap hit, especially when you consider the non-scoring parts of the game that Horcoff does a lot better than Gomez.

As well, Gomez is primarily a playmaker (aside from his 33-goal miracle season, he's never even reached 20) and the Oilers don't need more playmakers, they need shooters.

Maybe if you bring in the right forwards to the Rangers, Gomez will rack up a lot more assists and that contract won't look so miserable. But on the Oilers, he's not going to have anybody to pass to. A setup man with nobody to set up isn't what the Oilers need.

oilers_guy_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 01:36 AM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie View Post
The difference in offense between Gomez (in a good year) and Horcoff (in a good year) isn't enough to make me want to spring for an extra $2 million cap hit, especially when you consider the non-scoring parts of the game that Horcoff does a lot better than Gomez.

As well, Gomez is primarily a playmaker (aside from his 33-goal miracle season, he's never even reached 20) and the Oilers don't need more playmakers, they need shooters.

Maybe if you bring in the right forwards to the Rangers, Gomez will rack up a lot more assists and that contract won't look so miserable. But on the Oilers, he's not going to have anybody to pass to. A setup man with nobody to set up isn't what the Oilers need.
gomez didnt have anyone to pass to this year and still put up more points in probably his worst year as a professional outside of his 2nd or 3rd year.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 01:38 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

can we stop with the Edmonton trades. I don't want anything from them...especially not Dustin Penner.....ick...

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 01:47 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
gomez didnt have anyone to pass to this year
...and that situation wouldn't be any better on the Oilers.

Quote:
and still put up more points in probably his worst year as a professional outside of his 2nd or 3rd year.
Who cares? Edmonton is *not* a team where he's going to bounce back to his usual 50 assist form. Wrong player, wrong team, wrong trade, sorry, no interest from this side, no thank you.

oilers_guy_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
can we stop with the Edmonton trades. I don't want anything from them...especially not Dustin Penner.....ick...
Cuz yeah...it's the Edmonton fans that want your hidden gems in Gomez and Redden right?

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote