HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Fla-Phil Trade Proposal

Old
05-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Yeah, those guys aren't going to be going anywhere for the rights to 2 two players, that just won't happen.

Cap space just isn't there, even with those players off the books. Still have to give Booth a raise and re-sign Skratch (which I imagine he'll do), amongst other things.

05-18-2009, 06:39 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Yeah, those guys aren't going to be going anywhere for the rights to 2 two players, that just won't happen.

Cap space just isn't there, even with those players off the books. Still have to give Booth a raise and re-sign Skratch (which I imagine he'll do), amongst other things.
I thought the whole trade proposal was supposed to be Anderson and Bouwmeester signing a new contract with Philly,not just there rights? If those two players isn't enough for that trade, throw in Olesz as well.

When it comes to cap space, IF this trade were to go down, I would imagine Pelts,Dvo,Cully would not be resigned, as well as Mclean probably being traded and either Tarnasky and/or stewart being sent down/traded as well. Not sure if it would help make room,but it's something. Not to mention sign a backup goalie.

Last edited by Pantherfan12: 05-18-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 06:46 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
I thought the whole trade proposal was supposed to be Anderson and Bouwmeester signing a new contract with Philly,not just there rights? If those two players isn't enough for that trade, throw in Olesz as well.

When it comes to cap space, IF this trade were to go down, I would imagine Pelts,Dvo,Cully would not be resigned, as well as Mclean probably being traded and either Tarnasky and/or stewart being sent down/traded as well. Not sure if it would help make room,but it's something. Not to mention sign a backup goalie.

We definitely don't need Olesz's contract.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 12:20 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Lupul or Briere,JVR,Parent and a a possible 1st rounder for rights to Bo and Anderson.
How about a conditional first rounder upon his signature of a contract, straight up. That is a good deal for Florida if they get the impression he won't be back (they get a first rounder for something they didn't have anyway).

You want Briere, JVR and Parent too? For negotiating rights? This is the height of lunacy. Lupul + Parent for Vokoun is something I'd be interested in if you guys were inclined to move him.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 02:16 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:

You still have to figure in replacements for (or re-signing) Boynton and Skrastins, as well as Zednik, Dvorak, and Peltonen. It'd be very tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
How about a conditional first rounder upon his signature of a contract, straight up. That is a good deal for Florida if they get the impression he won't be back (they get a first rounder for something they didn't have anyway).

You want Briere, JVR and Parent too? For negotiating rights? This is the height of lunacy. Lupul + Parent for Vokoun is something I'd be interested in if you guys were inclined to move him.
Vokoun's not going to be moved, and if he is, it most certainly won't be for that offer.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 12:49 PM
brian822

whats everyone's opinion on Anderson. Dont know to much about him?

brian822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian822 View Post
whats everyone's opinion on Anderson. Dont know to much about him?
Excellent, probably one of the best, backup goalies in the league. Don't know if he's capable of being the #1 though.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 12:54 PM
brian822

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
Excellent, probably one of the best, backup goalies in the league. Don't know if he's capable of being the #1 though.
The Flyers first priority this offseason is obvioulsy goaltending so if Anderson isn't capable of being a #1 then you go else where. Signing/trading for Boumeester doesn't help the Flyers horrendous goaltening.

Old
05-19-2009, 01:23 PM
mercury

Quote:
The Flyers first priority this offseason is obvioulsy goaltending so if Anderson isn't capable of being a #1 then you go else where. Signing/trading for Boumeester doesn't help the Flyers horrendous goaltening.

"Horrendous" is an overstatement. Biron was like the 14th- or 15th-best starter in the league this season. The defensive play of the forwards and the blueline after Timonen, Parent, and Carle were bigger issues. Another top d-man like J-Bo would have helped immensely. However, both Biron and Nitty are UFA's, so it makes sense to try to upgrade there.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 01:44 PM
brian822

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
"Horrendous" is an overstatement. Biron was like the 14th- or 15th-best starter in the league this season. The defensive play of the forwards and the blueline after Timonen, Parent, and Carle were bigger issues. Another top d-man like J-Bo would have helped immensely. However, both Biron and Nitty are UFA's, so it makes sense to try to upgrade there.
Biron was horrible last year. The amount of soft goals that he let over the course of the season was mind boggling. There was only a couple week stretch where he played like a true #1 goalie. If the Flyers would have gotten average goaltending over the course of the season they would have pushed the Devils for the divsion. Signing Boumeester would help the defense, which was a problem as well, but does not help the goaltending situation which has been a problem for the franchise for over 15 years. If they are going to spend 7 million on someone I want it to be on a true #1 goalie.

Old
05-19-2009, 02:06 PM
AC Le Rock

Quote:
Biron was horrible last year. The amount of soft goals that he let over the course of the season was mind boggling. There was only a couple week stretch where he played like a true #1 goalie. If the Flyers would have gotten average goaltending over the course of the season they would have pushed the Devils for the divsion. Signing Boumeester would help the defense, which was a problem as well, but does not help the goaltending situation which has been a problem for the franchise for over 15 years. If they are going to spend 7 million on someone I want it to be on a true #1 goalie.
Yeah a true #1 goalie would be nice but at what cost? Our options are limited this offseason.

Let's look at Detroit - Osgood is easily better than Biron but he's no Luongo or Broduer. Detroit is built around their stellar D and that's why they're such a strong team. I've said it a hundred times, if the Flyers could manage getting guys like JBo and Komisarek this offseason, they could potentially have one the best bluelines in the league which in turn would make Biron's job easier.

Timonen, Coburn, Carle, Bouwmeester, Komisarek, Sbisa, Alberts <-- that's really strong.

Flyers need to strengthen their blueline and draft and develope their own #1 goalie, it's the smartest, cheapest option. The cost is far too much for a "true #1" no way are we going to trade away one of our catalysts in the future - Giroux, JVR, Sbisa, Carter...come on

AC Le Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 02:13 PM
brian822

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Le Rock View Post
Yeah a true #1 goalie would be nice but at what cost? Our options are limited this offseason.

Let's look at Detroit - Osgood is easily better than Biron but he's no Luongo or Broduer. Detroit is built around their stellar D and that's why they're such a strong team. I've said it a hundred times, if the Flyers could manage getting guys like JBo and Komisarek this offseason, they could potentially have one the best bluelines in the league which in turn would make Biron's job easier.

Timonen, Coburn, Carle, Bouwmeester, Komisarek, Sbisa, Alberts <-- that's really strong.

Flyers need to strengthen their blueline and draft and develope their own #1 goalie, it's the smartest, cheapest option. The cost is far too much for a "true #1" no way are we going to trade away one of our catalysts in the future - Giroux, JVR, Sbisa, Carter...come on
Their defense does need an upgrade there is no doubt about that. You can have the greatest defense in the league and it's not going to do any good when you have a below average goalie like Biron in net. Having all those prospects is great but if you dont have that goalie there that can win you games on his own its not going to matter.

Old
05-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
The Flyers were tied for 5th in SV%. They were tied for 25th in shots on goal against. You might want to think that one over.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 02:17 PM
brian822

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
The Flyers were tied for 5th in SV%. They were tied for 25th in shots on goal against. You might want to think that one over.
You're seriously saying that goaltending was not an issue last year for them?

Old
05-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
It was and is an issue, but not nearly as big of an issue as most make it out to be.

Our biggest issue is that, until our younger players develop, we only have two true top-4 defensemen (Timonen and Coburn). We're hopeful that Carle and Parent become consistent top-4 guys, and I believe that they will (especially Parent), but as of yet, that is not the case.

We can win with Biron if we're better defensively (not to mention a better defensive system than Stevens has implemented, but that's a whole 'nother topic for some other thread).

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 02:21 PM
JT 91 NYI*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Chuck Gormley of the Courier-Post has suggested this trade. To the Flyers, Graig Anderson and Jay Bouwmeester. To Florida, Joffrey Lupul, Danny Briere,James van Riemsdyk and Ryan Parent and /or a first round draft pick. Thoughts?
Who the hell is Graig Anderson?

JT 91 NYI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 02:24 PM
twenty2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT 91 NYI View Post
Who the hell is Graig Anderson?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Anderson_(trainer)

Greg F. Anderson (born February 1966) is a convicted felon and former personal trainer, best known for his work with Barry Bonds, Eric Spritz and links with BALCO.

That's who the Flyers need.

twenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Garbage Goal

As long as Carter and Giroux keep progressing like they have been they are due for much, much bigger contracts after the next couple of years. In the near future the Flyers will be in cap trouble if they don't dump all their extra garbage like Jones and Lupul and if they sign players who aren't cheap. Both Carter and Giroux have two seasons left on their contract before it's over. Assuming Carter plays like he did this season he's due for at least what Briere is getting payed (I'm talking in terms of cap hit, not salary, so 6.5), at least in my opinion. Giroux, also assuming he progresses as well as he did this season is due for at least what Lupul gets.

Our team is full of young talent that's under-payed because they're young or talent that's over-payed for (maybe Briere, Jones, Lupul, Carle, etc.). Powe, Giroux, Carter, maybe Richards, Parent, and I think Coburn are all due for raises by the time their new contract comes around. Then we have tons of prospect that are NHL-ready or almost NHL-ready (JVR, Nodl, Kalinski, Sbisa, etc.). Our cheap talent is our strength right now the way I see it. That's why we need to get rid of some of these anchors like Jones and bring in new talent like Sbisa to replace them.

This is why we can't get Komisarek or J-Bo without getting rid of people like Lupul, Carle, and Jones first. I don't particularly want J-Bo any way though.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 02:31 PM
brian822

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
It was and is an issue, but not nearly as big of an issue as most make it out to be.

Our biggest issue is that, until our younger players develop, we only have two true top-4 defensemen (Timonen and Coburn). We're hopeful that Carle and Parent become consistent top-4 guys, and I believe that they will (especially Parent), but as of yet, that is not the case.

We can win with Biron if we're better defensively (not to mention a better defensive system than Stevens has implemented, but that's a whole 'nother topic for some other thread).
I believe that Parent will be a top 4 dman as well. Im not sold on Carle. I watched him a lot this year at games and he always seemed a step behind. I also agree about the system. Ive wondered this year if they even have a system. I do not believe at all that this team can win with Biron in net.

Old
05-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
I believe that Parent will be a top 4 dman as well. Im not sold on Carle. I watched him a lot this year at games and he always seemed a step behind. I also agree about the system. Ive wondered this year if they even have a system. I do not believe at all that this team can win with Biron in net.
Yea, ideally I'd like an upgrade on Carle, but with our cap situation, I'm not confident it will get done. Parent just needs more seasoning, and he will be fine. And I think Coburn still has a ton of room to grow. In a few years (especially with Sbisa and Marshall coming down the line), we are going to be fine on D.

I respect your opinion on Biron, and you may very well be correct in your assessment. I just don't agree with it, providing the defense improves.

The simple fact of the matter is that, at least in my mind, we need to upgrade both D and G, and we don't have the cap space to address both at this time (we're lucky if we can address one). My take is we have more options to address the blueline than we do to address the net.

Old
05-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
It certainly could have been better, but I think it was the least of their problems honestly. They give up too many shots, the defense is largely young and inexperienced, they get no support from the forwards, they don't have a good defensive system in place, and they take too many penalties. Not to mention the team was largely inconsistent and often thought they could sleepwalk through games. I think these issues contribute to the GAA more than Biron did honestly.

I think upgrading the defense would be just as beneficial if not more than upgrading the goaltending.

Old
05-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
It certainly could have been better, but I think it was the least of their problems honestly. They give up too many shots, the defense is largely young and inexperienced, they get no support from the forwards, they don't have a good defensive system in place, and they take too many penalties. Not to mention the team was largely inconsistent and often thought they could sleepwalk through games. I think these issues contribute to the GAA more than Biron did honestly.

I think upgrading the defense would be just as beneficial if not more than upgrading the goaltending.
Hey! Give me back my brain!

Old
05-19-2009, 02:57 PM
brian822

Quote:
Yea, ideally I'd like an upgrade on Carle, but with our cap situation, I'm not confident it will get done. Parent just needs more seasoning, and he will be fine. And I think Coburn still has a ton of room to grow. In a few years (especially with Sbisa and Marshall coming down the line), we are going to be fine on D.

I respect your opinion on Biron, and you may very well be correct in your assessment. I just don't agree with it, providing the defense improves.

The simple fact of the matter is that, at least in my mind, we need to upgrade both D and G, and we don't have the cap space to address both at this time (we're lucky if we can address one). My take is we have more options to address the blueline than we do to address the net.
Holmgren would obviously have to dump some salary before we can make any significant moves. I'd like to see him move Lupul and Carle. Of course you to find a team that would be willing to take them. Moving Jones instead of Carle is probably a more viable option since he only has one year left on his contract.

Old
05-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Hey! Give me back my brain!

I needed to borrow it for a while

Old
05-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
I needed to borrow it for a while
That's ok, I don't use it much anyway...