Notices

Bergeron

Old
05-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Taz#24

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
Bergeron

Patrice has to start creating some offense five on five. He is a 5 per guy and should be bring a lot more then good D. He, IMHO, is they key. Both KREJCI and SAVARD have played some decent O at times but BERGERON has been virtually invisible. If he gets it going, Carolina will have to change their whole game plan. Phil KESSEL has pretty much disappeared as well but no big surprise. He's a one trick pony, inside out move with a quick release using the D as a screen. He is way too easily pushed off the puck as well. There's no doubt he has a great shot and quick release but he has to enhance his bag of tricks and increase his compete level in order to step in true stardom as a scoring winger.

Taz#24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 09:15 AM
pblc

Hey Taz, I have to agree. Bergeron has been surprisingly ineffective so far in this series. A Bergeron firing on all cylinders would certainly give the Hurricaines something to worry about......is he hurt?

pblc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 09:23 AM
C77

Quote:
Originally Posted by pblc View Post
Hey Taz, I have to agree. Bergeron has been surprisingly ineffective so far in this series. A Bergeron firing on all cylinders would certainly give the Hurricaines something to worry about......is he hurt?
Wouldn't surprise me if he's playing with a broken foot?

Remember how he didn't practice before the series. Also his ice time is down a little bit, but maybe that's because he just hasn't played that well.

Certainly would go a long ways toward explaining why it looks like he's got lead in his skates.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 09:24 AM
pblc

Worst part is we can speculate all we want but until the series is over (which hopefully isn't until after a game 7 Bruins win ) we won't know anything.

Old
05-10-2009, 09:26 AM
C77

Quote:
Originally Posted by pblc View Post
Worst part is we can speculate all we want but until the series is over (which hopefully isn't until after a game 7 Bruins win ) we won't know anything.
ya like Carter and Richards with Philly

Old
05-10-2009, 09:31 AM
pblc

But to be honest....it wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that Bergeron is really hurting. For someone to fight so hard to come back from what he's had to deal with shows me that he will never give less than 100%.

Old
05-10-2009, 09:35 AM
C77

Yep Bergy always plays hard.

Remember those commericals they used to have on NESN when (I forget who) would ask Bergeron if he was even old enough to drive? I think it was a zamboni too..

Old
05-10-2009, 09:41 AM
nORRis8*

Not sure if Patrice is injured. He was throwing some checks out there last game with one really good in the corner.
To me he was one of the few that showed some desire.

However when Staal scored that 4th goal going around a very lazy Lucic...man that pissed me off. He should have saw who it was and angled him into the boards and slammed him...instead he pyloned up and waved his stick.

Wake up. Know you're role.

nORRis8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 09:45 AM
remer

Tonight might be the last night we see Bergeron is a Bruins uniform. The Bruins will need cap space and Bergy is not worth 5 million a year. I hope I am wrong, but he is not much of an impact player anymore.

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 09:51 AM
C77

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
Tonight might be the last night we see Bergeron is a Bruins uniform. The Bruins will need cap space and Bergy is not worth 5 million a year. I hope I am wrong, but he is not much of an impact player anymore.
It's definitely a possibility.

He might be traded but if other people feel like you do that he's not an impact player anymore, then other teams probably won't want to pay his contract.

Old
05-10-2009, 09:53 AM
AK37

Send a message via ICQ to AK37 Send a message via AIM to AK37
Don't get me wrong......I like bergeron a lot!!

But he has sucked this year.....has to be one of, if not the least productive $5 mil player in the league. He can't finish to save his life anymore, I have absolutely no confidence that we are gonna score when he has the puck in a scoring oppurtunity.
Recchi looking like he is 55 years old out there doesn't help Bergeron either. Aside from that string of 6 or 8 deflection goals after the trade deadline - Recchi has been damn near useless and like I've said all along, if the Bruins don't nail that 2nd round pick - the Bruins will regret that trade in a few years.

I guess we can kill the talk of "Do we resign Recchi after the season?"

I support moving Bergeron in the off season to free up money for Kessel, Krejci, Lucic, Hunwick. He can not be kept at a $5 million salary and produce single digit goals.

AK37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 09:57 AM
C77

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK37 View Post

But he has sucked this year.....has to be one of, if not the least productive $5 mil player in the league. He can't finish to save his life anymore, I have absolutely no confidence that we are gonna score when he has the puck in a scoring oppurtunity.
Recchi looking like he is 55 years old out there doesn't help Bergeron either. Aside from that string of 6 or 8 deflection goals after the trade deadline - Recchi has been damn near useless and like I've said all along, if the Bruins don't nail that 2nd round pick - the Bruins will regret that trade in a few years.

I support moving Bergeron in the off season to free up money for Kessel, Krejci, Lucic, Hunwick. He can not be kept at a $5 million salary and produce single digit goals.
No I don't think we can just kill the talk of "Do we resign Recchi?" just because you feel that way. If he wants to come back for something like he was paid this year I'd be open to it.

Old
05-10-2009, 10:00 AM
AK37

Send a message via ICQ to AK37 Send a message via AIM to AK37
Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
No I don't think we can just kill the talk of "Do we resign Recchi?" just because you feel that way. If he wants to come back for something like he was paid this year I'd be open to it.
Recchi is exactly like watching Glenn Murray in last years playoffs, he looks like he is skating in quick sand.

Why you would tie up money on a 41 yr old who frankly, does nothing very well anymore aside from deflections is beyond em. The Bruins have young players on the verge of stepping in and young impact players who need to be resigned. Bringing back Recchi next year, a year older, a year slower, a year CLOSER TO 45 YEARS OLD would be asinine.

AK37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 10:01 AM
C77

Quote:

I hope the Bruins keep Bergeron and see where he is at next year (while realizing it may not happen). No he didn't do a great job of finishing this year but I think next year he could do something like 15 goals and 40 assists if he's healthy. I don't really think the single digit goals comment is fair because he did have another concussion this year and he only played 64 games. With the best wingers on the team playing with Savard and Krejci, Bergeron was more in a checking role.

Old
05-10-2009, 10:05 AM
C77

Quote:
Recchi is exactly like watching Glenn Murray in last years playoffs, he looks like he is skating in quick sand.

Why you would tie up money on a 41 yr old who frankly, does nothing very well anymore aside from deflections is beyond em. The Bruins have young players on the verge of stepping in and young impact players who need to be resigned. Bringing back Recchi next year, a year older, a year slower, a year CLOSER TO 45 YEARS OLD would be asinine.
The guy put up 61 points this year for $1.5 million. With the salary cap teams need to find cheap production and yes that can come with youth like Krejci, Kessel, and Lucic but also with good veteran signings like Recchi. I'm not willing to just hand the reins over to guys like Sobotka and Marchand who haven't proven anything yet.

Old
05-10-2009, 10:31 AM
WithOutPaperss

Quote:

Man, you people are brutal....He came back from playing no games last year from a concussion, to getting another concussion this year. He's been through a lot, give him next season, if he plays like this next season, then I'll agree with you.

WithOutPaperss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 10:35 AM
C77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangelo37 View Post
Man, you people are brutal....He came back from playing no games last year from a concussion, to getting another concussion this year. He's been through a lot, give him next season, if he plays like this next season, then I'll agree with you.
I feel exactly the same way.

Old
05-10-2009, 10:39 AM
nutty37

Quote:
Yep Bergy always plays hard.

Remember those commericals they used to have on NESN when (I forget who) would ask Bergeron if he was even old enough to drive? I think it was a zamboni too..
The one and only Andrew Raycroft

nutty37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 10:43 AM
BadBruins

Bergeron played well down the stretch and into the 1st round, but I agree, he's been extremely disappointing in this series. He just can't seem to find any time or space in the Carolina zone. The Bruins need secondary scoring right now and Bergeron just hasn't been there to provide that.

Krejci and Savard don't get a pass from me though. Savard has been picking up his points, but he still makes stupid decision after stupid decision. Krejci has just been ineffective, pulling up straight 0's on the score sheet every night.

BadBruins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:08 AM
wolves019

Quote:
100% agree

wolves019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:17 AM
camnly

Quote:
I feel exactly the same way.

Count me in as a Bergy supporter through thick and thin. In this series everyone is coupalble, pointing the finger at one guy is very small minded.

camnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:21 AM
HamiltonSteelhawks*

Bergeron has taken on a different role this season. As for Savard and Krejci, they have been HUGE disappointments down the stretch and in to the playoffs. They are our 1st and 2nd line centres and have been utterly useless.

As for Bergeron's salary which will inevitably come up because the majority of fans are short sighted, Savard makes MORE. Bergeron plays on our third line and is more often then not matched up against the other teams top lines.

Savard and Krejci can't even produce with our top wingers. Imagine if either of the two played with Recchi and Kobasew? If we only had 5 million left under the cap and had to choose between one of the three centres, I'm going with Bergeron NO QUESTION.

As for Savard and Krejci looking dangerous at times offensively...ummm when? Game one when Carolina was dead tired? Savard has only been able to produce on the PP, and his goal last game came from a tough play from Recchi. Some of you may think Krejci and Savard skating along the side boards in the offensive zone as dangerous but I see it as playing into the opponents favour and wasting valuable forchecking opportunities.

HamiltonSteelhawks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:44 AM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
He's twenty freaking three!!! Should not even be peaking for another couple of years!!

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:45 AM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamiltonSteelhawks View Post
Bergeron has taken on a different role this season. As for Savard and Krejci, they have been HUGE disappointments down the stretch and in to the playoffs. They are our 1st and 2nd line centres and have been utterly useless.

As for Bergeron's salary which will inevitably come up because the majority of fans are short sighted, Savard makes MORE. Bergeron plays on our third line and is more often then not matched up against the other teams top lines.

Savard and Krejci can't even produce with our top wingers. Imagine if either of the two played with Recchi and Kobasew? If we only had 5 million left under the cap and had to choose between one of the three centres, I'm going with Bergeron NO QUESTION.

As for Savard and Krejci looking dangerous at times offensively...ummm when? Game one when Carolina was dead tired? Savard has only been able to produce on the PP, and his goal last game came from a tough play from Recchi. Some of you may think Krejci and Savard skating along the side boards in the offensive zone as dangerous but I see it as playing into the opponents favour and wasting valuable forchecking opportunities.
Absolutely agree.

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:46 AM
CamFan81
Derp

turncoats.
If this entire team played with half the heart of Patrice we would be waiting for the winner of wash/pitts

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote