HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

5 teams will target LeCavalier at the Draft

Old
05-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Matt714*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Matt714*
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef223 View Post
he could land Vinny and move down in the trade at the same time.
With what ?

Matt714* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 11:09 AM
randyc

Not Much

Other than Schenn, there's not much I would want from the Leafs with the exception of the 7th.

randyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 11:10 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
By the time the draft happens, he will have had all 30 teams being interested...yes 30, he will have something about the Lightning not trading him.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I love how a team without a GM employed (Minnesota) is working on a trade.
Thank you for that, it's amazing that even 1 of you guys doesn't think that eklund is full of **** in his comments I mean comon, Philly and Ottawa are the last 2 teams that should be in a race for Lecavalier but he puts them both....

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 11:28 AM
LosT_PropheT

Blake to Blue Jackets? (e2)
According to sources within the San Jose Sharks organisation, the Columbus Blue Jackets are willing to part with C R.J. Umberger and a rusty zamboni to obtain the services of D Rob Blake. Remember, you heard it here first!

I guess that put it over the edge, I'm sold....

LosT_PropheT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Thank you for that, it's amazing that even 1 of you guys doesn't think that eklund is full of **** in his comments I mean comon, Philly and Ottawa are the last 2 teams that should be in a race for Lecavalier but he puts them both....
hey hey hey...come on, we all know that the cap rules don't apply to trades

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

St. to Thrashers? (e5)
According to my sources within the Tampa Bay Lightning organization, the Atlanta Thrashers are willing to part with LW Ilya Kovalchuk, RW Colby Armstrong and a Gary Bettman bobblehead to obtain the services of RW Martin St. Louis. Remember, you heard it here first!

one of my favorites....you know how much the Bettman bobblehead can get on the open market if he makes it to FA???

Old
05-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Over [x] amount of teams including [insert big market teams for pageviews] interested in the services of [insert big name player].

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 12:22 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Devils View Post
Holik to Sabres? (e3)
According to my sources within the New Jersey Devils organization, the Buffalo Sabres are willing to part with LW Thomas Vanek, D Mike Weber to obtain the services of C Bobby Holik. Remember, you heard it here first!

It actually ade that!!!!!!!
Calder to Rangers? (e2)
According to my sources within the Los Angeles Kings organization, the New York Rangers are willing to part with C Scott Gomez and G Henrik Lundqvist to obtain the services of LW Kyle Calder. Remember, you heard it here first!

This one is an easy win for the Rangers

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
Calder to Rangers? (e2)
According to my sources within the Los Angeles Kings organization, the New York Rangers are willing to part with C Scott Gomez and G Henrik Lundqvist to obtain the services of LW Kyle Calder. Remember, you heard it here first!

This one is an easy win for the Rangers
Calder is a UFA, but if he wasn't, I'd ask for a box of donuts and a new remote for my garage in exchange for his services.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Kingjordan

Do not want him in LA... Kings would have to give up too much and would rather keep players and picks

Kingjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Sony Eriksson*

****BREAKING NEWS****

1 of the 30 team will inquire about Lecavalier at the draft.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Clock

Oh yes, Buffalo wants that contract for a barely PPG player. They are well known for being aggressive when it comes to star players and love to spend money.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Mr Underhill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
Oh yes, Buffalo wants that contract for a barely PPG player. They are well known for being aggressive when it comes to star players and love to spend money.
Stupid comment...

Guess what fool, you dont have a player on your team thats even close to the talent Vinny is. Roy and Vanek are great but Vinny is a player that can win you a championship.

Mr Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdvda View Post
Stupid comment...

Guess what fool, you dont have a player on your team thats even close to the talent Vinny is. Roy and Vanek are great but Vinny is a player that can win you a championship.
but not when you're bound to that rediculous contract that kicks in a NMC in July...

Old
05-11-2009, 04:14 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
Vincent Lecavalier/C/29yrs:
-Averaging 40G-88pts in last 4 seasons
-Maurice Richard - 52G/108pt season - 2nd All Star Team
-Stanley Cup Winner
-Gold in World Cup 2004+ MVP

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 04:16 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Stupid comment...

I don't want someone who lost a fight to Jochen Hecht.

struckbyaparkedcar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Clownpipe*
Whitney Smash!

I can't believe this moran actually listed Philly haha....srsly ...although a Carter-Matsumoto combo does sound pretty intriguing.

Clownpipe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot14phil* View Post
Why in the world would Ottawa want Lecavalier?
better question is with what assetts does Vancouver plan on aquiring Vinny with? There best trading chip (Schneider) is totally useless to Tampa Bay and their position of strength (defence) won't be strong enough to deal from with the imminent departure of Ohlund. If Vancouver offers up a first, Hodgson and Edler and probably an additional roster player on top of that it would set them back and I don't think that Gillis would be willing to move Hodgson anyways.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Mr Underhill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
but not when you're bound to that rediculous contract that kicks in a NMC in July...
Why?

Look, Ive watched as much playoffs this year as humanly possible, and there have only been a handful of players that have (can) single handedly dominated a game the way Vinny can. I bet teams like the Flyers, Rangers, Calgary, St. Louis, Columbus, NJ, Montreal, and even San Jose were wishing they had a player like him on their teams right about now.

If you take a team like the Flyers for instance...they have Richards and Carter up the middle. Both great players. But if they had a chance to have Vinny play for them this year in the playoffs instead of Carter they would. Not saying they should trade a younger, cheaper Carter for Vinny, but that is the kind of difference between the 2 players. Players like Carter, Vanek, Roy, Parise, Camalleri, Marleau, and Nash are all great...but Vinny is in the upper echelon of dominant.

Since he plays in Tampa, people dont WATCH him very much. They just look at his stat line and judge. One of Vinny's few flaws is he tends to loaf when theres nothing to play for. And when you have been on a last place team for 2 straight years its has effected his play.

Those who have consistently watched Vinny play throughout the years know one thing...when he is on his game, there arent but a couple players (AO, Sid, Malkin, and maybe 1 or 2 others) in the league who can be so dominant on the ice like Lecavalier can.

That is why he is considered one of the greats that play today. And that is why a team would be willing to pay $7.7 for 10 years for him.

Last edited by Mr Underhill: 05-11-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old
05-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
I don't want someone who lost a fight to Jochen Hecht.

Thats pretty good.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Why?

Look, Ive watched as much playoffs this year as humanly possible, and there have only been a handful of players that have (can) single handedly dominated a game the way Vinny can. I bet teams like the Flyers, Rangers, Calgary, St. Louis, Columbus, NJ, Montreal, and even San Jose were wishing they had a player like him on their teams right about now.

If you take a team like the Flyers for instance...they have Richards and Carter up the middle. Both great players. But if they had a chance to have Vinny play for them this year in the playoffs instead of Carter they would. Not saying they should trade a younger, cheaper Carter for Vinny, but that is the kind of difference between the 2 players. Players like Carter, Vanek, Roy, Parise, Camalleri, Marleau, and Nash are all great...but Vinny is in the upper echelon of dominant.

Since he plays in Tampa, people dont WATCH him very much. They just look at his stat line and judge. One of Vinny's few flaws is he tends to loaf when theres nothing to play for. And when you have been on a last place team for 2 straight years its has effected his play.

Those who have consistently watched Vinny play throughout the years know one thing...when he is on his game, there arent but a couple players (AO, Sid, Malkin, and maybe 1 or 2 others) in the league who can be so dominant on the ice like Lecavalier can.

That is why he is considered one of the greats that play today. And that is why a team would be willing to pay $7.7 for 10 years for him.
the thing is, Lecavalier is mostly disapointment. He is talked about like he is a 100 point player, but in all actuality he is a glorified 70 point player with a couple of exceptions. Lecavalier is not an elite player. He is certainly a very good player, but a clear cut below elite status. This ability to dominate has been talked about for 10 years now and it has only been shown in flashes thus far. Now the issue of his health is brought into the equation. Do you really want to tie your hands with an overpaid, underachieving and injury prone player for the next 11 seasons?

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 04:45 PM
chewey
dmitri

Quote:
Malkin to Avalanche? (e2)

According to my sources within the Pittsburgh Penguins organization, the Colorado Avalanche are willing to part with LW Ryan Smyth and D Daniel Tjarnqvist to obtain the services of C Evgeni Malkin. Remember, you heard it here first!
that rumor generator site is gold!

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Mr Underhill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
the thing is, Lecavalier is mostly disapointment. He is talked about like he is a 100 point player, but in all actuality he is a glorified 70 point player with a couple of exceptions. Lecavalier is not an elite player. He is certainly a very good player, but a clear cut below elite status. This ability to dominate has been talked about for 10 years now and it has only been shown in flashes thus far. Now the issue of his health is brought into the equation. Do you really want to tie your hands with an overpaid, underachieving and injury prone player for the next 11 seasons?
Agree to disagree about his status as an elite player. But you do pose some sort of an argument about his dominance coming in flashes. Though I would give him more credit than using the word "flashes".

Old
05-11-2009, 05:26 PM
gmyx

Another doozie from the generator:

Shanahan to Capitals? (e3)
According to my sources within the New Jersey Devils organization, the Washington Capitals are willing to part with RW Alexander Semin, D Tom Poti, C Sergei Fedorov and LW Alexander Ovechkin to obtain the services of LW Brendan Shanahan. Remember, you heard it here first!

Now that is overpayment!

Edit: This needs it's own thread it's so funny!

gmyx is offline   Reply With Quote