HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Purinton Knows He's On Way Out

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2004, 03:54 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Purinton Knows He's On Way Out

http://nypost.com/sports/rangers/21288.htm

Old
03-20-2004, 06:20 AM
Jayce

Thanks for the link to the article King! What's with the Carter photo in an article on Purinton?

Old
03-20-2004, 11:09 AM
vbox81

Such a pity he couldn't turn into something useful.... Let's see what he could do at wing.

Then again, put McAllister on wing so he can't play D on the PK, which was dreadful.

Old
03-20-2004, 11:45 AM
in the hall

Quote:
"I watched the way Sylvain Lefebvre acted last year when he must have known he wasn't going to be coming back, not complaining, and that's how I want to conduct myself. I don't think it does anyone any good to spout off."
atleast i can respect you for something... good riddance and good luck..

Old
03-21-2004, 02:50 PM
Clarence Swamptown

"I'd like to still be a part of it, but I'd also like to be in a situation where I have a chance to win, also." ------------Great Quote by Dale,,,,,,,,,,,,,, He wants to be on a Winner,,,,Who does he think he is ? I guess if we trade him in the offseason, we have to consider who he goes to-- we have to give him the "oppurtunity" he deserves to win the Cup..... If he stays with a NHL team next year for 40 games ,I'll be amazed !

Old
03-21-2004, 04:12 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

I think Dale would be in for a rude awakening if he went to a contender because he'd find himself on waivers or in the minors real quickly.

I think somewhere along the line he really got it into his head he was a number 6 defenseman and when he actually goes to a better team i think he's gonna be in for a reality check.

Old
03-22-2004, 04:01 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 674
i'd have to DISAGREE with you guys on dale. i think dale has been the only young player we have to actually stand up for himself when SATHER disrespected him and all other young players we have. when sather didnt give lundmark and malhotra and every other young prospect we have the ice time and the chance they deserve, those players never stood up for themselves, they didnt have the guts. but when sather did the same **** to Dale, he knew exactly what was going on and he didnt just take it. dale was never a great defenseman but last year, when we had some injuries and dale got some quality ice time, he was able to improve, his skating improved and he played with much more confidence...even making it onto the powerplay and not looking out of place at all. this year, with less ice time and many games sitting on the bench,he lost his confidence again and that is what happens when a young player does not get to play. i think dale can easily be a #3 or #4 dman and he will be that someday when the rangers finally trade him to a more SANE team with a more SANE gm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I think Dale would be in for a rude awakening if he went to a contender because he'd find himself on waivers or in the minors real quickly.

I think somewhere along the line he really got it into his head he was a number 6 defenseman and when he actually goes to a better team i think he's gonna be in for a reality check.

Old
03-22-2004, 04:14 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

stand up for himself yes but he simply is not an everyday player.

He thinks he is but he really isn't.

If the guy goes to a cotender he can stand up for himself all he wants but he's likely to be seeing even less time if not heading to the minors.

The guy is a number 7 defenseman, nothing more.

He was never a top prospect and he's not likely to be an everyday player on a competitive team.

So it's great that he stood up for himself but reality is that he's gonna be in for a rude awakening when he find he's not likely to win a starting job anywhere for very long.

A number 3 or 4 defenseman? What the heck games have you been watching.

The guy is maxed out, he's 27 years old!

His one angle is fighting and he's not even a great fighter.

He is a feel good story in that he made it this far, but reality is reality and he's not taking it up another level.

Old
03-23-2004, 10:11 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge

I agree. Dale needs to look in the mirror and realize he is not what he thinks he is. He struggled to crack the line-up on a team that is on the verge of the lottery. Where would that put him on a contender? He is an average player and what he should bring, enforcer skills, he has managed to disgrace himself over the course of 30 or so games.

03-23-2004, 10:13 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1
i'd have to DISAGREE with you guys on dale. i think dale has been the only young player we have to actually stand up for himself when SATHER disrespected him and all other young players we have. when sather didnt give lundmark and malhotra and every other young prospect we have the ice time and the chance they deserve, those players never stood up for themselves, they didnt have the guts. but when sather did the same **** to Dale, he knew exactly what was going on and he didnt just take it. dale was never a great defenseman but last year, when we had some injuries and dale got some quality ice time, he was able to improve, his skating improved and he played with much more confidence...even making it onto the powerplay and not looking out of place at all. this year, with less ice time and many games sitting on the bench,he lost his confidence again and that is what happens when a young player does not get to play. i think dale can easily be a #3 or #4 dman and he will be that someday when the rangers finally trade him to a more SANE team with a more SANE gm.
What good is standing up for yourself when you don't have a leg to stand on? It's hard to stand up for yourself when you are not playing. Disrespected him? What exactly has Dale done to earn respect? He played decent hockey for a three week period last season (not outstanding hockey but decent hockey, we get the two confused because it was outstanding hockey for Dale) got hurt and never demonstrated any type of play that he showed before the injury.

Dale is not an everday NHL player. A #3 or#4? Not in this league. He is not a good enough skater and not a smart enough player to log #3-#4 minutes.

Closed Thread