HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Radulov

Old
05-10-2009, 08:42 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
I was pretty turned off by his attitude today against Canada. After he scored, he brushed off teammates to continue spinning his stick, then stopped when he was past them all and did a "look at me" pose.

No thanks from Toronto.

iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:53 PM
ecemleafs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
He would fetch nothing in a trade because he's not in North America. We're better off taking the chance of him coming back to our tightwad organization and getting a 30-goal scorer for less than $1M.
for some strange reason i dont see him ever coming back to nashville to play for less than 1m. he will be earning a LOT of money in russia. you might as well trade him soon before he gets that next large contract in the KHL.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guys View Post
I was pretty turned off by his attitude today against Canada. After he scored, he brushed off teammates to continue spinning his stick, then stopped when he was past them all and did a "look at me" pose.

No thanks from Toronto.
so his time away from Nashville hasn't matured him ? ... thanks ... ... I think its safe to say that he's not a team player nor a winner

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Predsrule

Quote:

No thanks from Toronto.
ya bc no NA player ever does that :|.... ovi does it all the time crosbie.... I like goal celebrations shows you love the game

Predsrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 09:21 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:

No thanks from Toronto.
Fans ripped John Tavares to pieces because he didn't celebrate his teammates. I guess you don't want him either.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Avy*

of course he is not a winner, he is pretty much the Satan reincarnation
well except... he, Forsberg and Dumont was the best Predators forwards in playoffs unlike captain clutch Jason Arnott.

Why blame Barry Trotz for alinating or Predators management for playing hard-boll with young player when you can just balme this ugly greedy russian.

Avy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 10:07 PM
digger18

I say let him rot in the KHL! I wish someone would have given him a Dale Hunter after goal into the boards when he was spinning his stick around like a monkey today! Any player who signs a contract and bails on it, to go play in Russia should not be welcome back into the NHL ever!

digger18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger18 View Post
I say let him rot in the KHL! I wish someone would have given him a Dale Hunter after goal into the boards when he was spinning his stick around like a monkey today! Any player who signs a contract and bails on it, to go play in Russia should not be welcome back into the NHL ever!
I guess players like Fedorov, Malkin, Zherdev and others are the anti-Christ.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 10:19 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
I guess players like Fedorov, Malkin, Zherdev and others are the anti-Christ.
not only should they not be allowed to play hockey but they should be in prison for being horrendous human beings.

Old
05-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
I would say Radulov is on the trade block in Nashville. He made the players on the team angry and while things could be smoothed over a trade would not be out of the question. Now his value is the million dollar question. We dont know if its low or high. My guess is his value is around a mid first rounder (10-20). It is proven he can put up 60 points in the NHL and may want to come back but it is still a risk.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 10:42 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
I would say Radulov is on the trade block in Nashville. He made the players on the team angry and while things could be smoothed over a trade would not be out of the question. Now his value is the million dollar question. We dont know if its low or high. My guess is his value is around a mid first rounder (10-20). It is proven he can put up 60 points in the NHL and may want to come back but it is still a risk.
rangers 19th pick for the rights to radulov conditional of him signing long term.

Old
05-10-2009, 10:59 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
rangers 19th pick for the rights to radulov conditional of him signing long term.
Poile hangs up laughing. These threads are pointless until we know whether Rads wants to come back to the NHL and whether he wants to stay in Nashville or not. Pred's are better off holding his rights until he commits to coming back to NA.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:00 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Poile hangs up laughing. These threads are pointless until we know whether Rads wants to come back to the NHL and whether he wants to stay in Nashville or not. Pred's are better off holding his rights until he commits to coming back to NA.
hes most likely not going to "commit" til hes with a team hed be willing to play for.

Old
05-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
There is no way the Preds will move him, but Radulov and Hemsky would be intriguing

Gilbert and Nilsson for Radulov's rights and Hamhuis

I dont see his value that high since it would be risky. But that is a nice offer for him IMO.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:09 PM
ecemleafs

how can a team and its fans think that a player that refused to play for them will command more than a mid first considering he has a career high of 58 points and is more than willing to collect the big bucks in his homeland than play in nashville???

Old
05-10-2009, 11:10 PM
predfan24

Quote:
hes most likely not going to "commit" til hes with a team hed be willing to play for.
How do you know he still doesn't want to play for Nashville? All that talk is pure dumb speculation at this point. He has never once came out and said he didn't like the team or the city.

The road back to the NHL for Radulov comes through Nashville period. Radulov is not in a posistion of strength whatsoever. The Preds would be stupid to trade Radulov until he commits to coming back to the NHL. The level of difference between the returns they would get for both situations would be astronomical. Preds have all the leverage here and have no reason to trade Rads away for peanuts.

Old
05-10-2009, 11:15 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
ya bc no NA player ever does that :|.... ovi does it all the time crosbie.... I like goal celebrations shows you love the game
I can see a heat of the moment celebration, but there's nothing spontaneous about taking your stick blade and spinning it at half speed around the ice.

Little quick to assuming I was attacking Europeans don't you think? I don't care for Riberos attitude either.

Last edited by iPunch: 05-10-2009 at 11:22 PM.
iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:16 PM
predfan24

Quote:
how can a team and its fans think that a player that refused to play for them will command more than a mid first considering he has a career high of 58 points and is more than willing to collect the big bucks in his homeland than play in nashville???
1. He never refused to play with us. The guy is a young immature man who probaly was homesick and saw an oppurtunity to make NHL type money while living at home.

2. When Radulov left he was still a young player who was improving every year. He has tons of talent. It's not like is a guy who had been in the league along time and his ceiling is a 25 goal 55 point player.

Old
05-10-2009, 11:19 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
1. He never refused to play with us. The guy is a young immature man who probaly was homesick and saw an oppurtunity to make NHL type money while living at home.

2. When Radulov left he was still a young player who was improving every year. He has tons of talent. It's not like is a guy who had been in the league along time and his ceiling is a 25 goal 55 point player.
leaving the club while under contract against NHL, and IIHF rules is pretty much refusing to play for the club.

Old
predfan24

Quote:
I can see a heat of the moment celebration, but there's nothing spontaneous about taking your stick blade and spinning it at half speed around the ice.
I actually agree with you. He did that alot in Major Junior and people brushed it off as him just being a young boy, surely he will grow up and mature. Alot of talk has been made for years about how Rads is just an immature guy and if anything that celebraton today just showed me how nothing has changed.

Old
Norm MacDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
He would fetch nothing in a trade because he's not in North America. We're better off taking the chance of him coming back to our tightwad organization and getting a 30-goal scorer for less than $1M.
I think the assumption here is that Radulov agrees to play for the team he is traded to before any deal is finalized. In that case, it is in the Nashville's best interest to trade him as soon as possible to maximize value.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:23 PM
predfan24

Quote:
leaving the club while under contract against NHL, and IIHF rules is pretty much refusing to play for the club.
That still doesn't answer whether or not he just wanted to go home or he just wanted to get out of Nashville. It really doesn't matter though because the bottom line is Nashville holds all the leverage in this situation. IF Rads wants to come back to the NHL then that is great. If he tries to say he won't commit until we trade him then we can hold onto him for as long as we want.

Old
05-10-2009, 11:31 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
That still doesn't answer whether or not he just wanted to go home or he just wanted to get out of Nashville. It really doesn't matter though because the bottom line is Nashville holds all the leverage in this situation. IF Rads wants to come back to the NHL then that is great. If he tries to say he won't commit until we trade him then we can hold onto him for as long as we want.
and than nashville tries to call his bluff and he simply never comes back and nashville gets nothing for his rights.

Old
05-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:
And that benefits the Preds how? Nashville really doesn't have leverage, because if Radulov doesn't get his way, he can just continue to make tons of money playing in the KHL. It's the Preds that want to change the status quo, because they get nothing from him playing overseas.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:38 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepOrange View Post
And that benefits the Preds how? Nashville really doesn't have leverage, because if Radulov doesn't get his way, he can just continue to make tons of money playing in the KHL. It's the Preds that want to change the status quo, because they get nothing from him playing overseas.
lol finally one that gets it.