HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Radulov

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-10-2009, 11:42 PM
  #51
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
and than nashville tries to call his bluff and he simply never comes back and nashville gets nothing for his rights.
If he was traded for a conditional pick then it wouldn't matter anyway. If he never comes back then he is obviously intent and happy in Russia. Good for him. The difference of the return we would get is so DRAMATIC it is absoutely worth sitting on him until he commits to the NHL. There is two different scenarios that could happen if Rads decided to return to the NHL.

1. Rads says he will come back but he won't play for Nashville. In that case then yeah a mid first round pick would probaly be a good return.

2. Rads comes back and is willing to play with the Preds. The Preds aren't sure that they want him on the team but they would have a ton more bargaining power. If we couldn't find a deal that blew us away then we can just hold on to him and play him. Lord knows we need a 30 goal scorer who would come in for less than a 1 mill.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:47 PM
  #52
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepOrange View Post
And that benefits the Preds how? Nashville really doesn't have leverage, because if Radulov doesn't get his way, he can just continue to make tons of money playing in the KHL. It's the Preds that want to change the status quo, because they get nothing from him playing overseas.
Once again this shouldn't be hard to understand. The differnce of the return we would get if Radulov commited back to the NHL and the return we got if we just traded his rights while his status was still up in the air is HUGE. How can you not see we have all the leverage over Rads. He is still under contract with the Preds. If he really wants to get back in the NHL then he has to go through the Preds. Would I rather just blindly trade Rads for a mid round pick not knowing if he was gonna come back to the NHL or not or would I sit on him and possibly reap huge rewards later? It's not even close man. The return for Radulov at this very moment is so low it's just not worth it.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:55 PM
  #53
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 11,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Once again this shouldn't be hard to understand. The differnce of the return we would get if Radulov commited back to the NHL and the return we got if we just traded his rights while his status was still up in the air is HUGE. How can you not see we have all the leverage over Rads. He is still under contract with the Preds. If he really wants to get back in the NHL then he has to go through the Preds. Would I rather just blindly trade Rads for a mid round pick not knowing if he was gonna come back to the NHL or not or would I sit on him and possibly reap huge rewards later? It's not even close man. The return for Radulov at this very moment is so low it's just not worth it.
how is a conditional 1st rounder so low? a lot of players on your team have said they felt betrayed by him and its rather obvious he doesnt want to play there especially at that contract.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 01:30 AM
  #54
kivaerijo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: EastNashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
how is a conditional 1st rounder so low? a lot of players on your team have said they felt betrayed by him and its rather obvious he doesnt want to play there especially at that contract.
lol and apparently you just dont get it

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 01:33 AM
  #55
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 11,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kivaerijo View Post
lol and apparently you just dont get it
i get that you think he will have enhanced value in the future if he is desperate to come back to the NHL and even play for the preds to do so. but the KHL offers him more money and the comfort of playing in russia. his value wont be high for long if he stays over there for a year or two more.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 01:40 AM
  #56
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
i get that you think he will have enhanced value in the future if he is desperate to come back to the NHL and even play for the preds to do so. but the KHL offers him more money and the comfort of playing in russia. his value wont be high for long if he stays over there for a year or two more.
but his value is nothing right now, so trading him would be pointless. I'd rather have a slim chance of him coming back than a useless 3rd rounder or scrub or whatever.

If he was making big money, then it would be a different story. But the fact that he owes us a year at rookie salary, makes his value significantly higher for a team like the Preds, who are working on a shoe string budget.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 12:33 PM
  #57
Norm MacDonald
Registered User
 
Norm MacDonald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Once again this shouldn't be hard to understand. The differnce of the return we would get if Radulov commited back to the NHL and the return we got if we just traded his rights while his status was still up in the air is HUGE. How can you not see we have all the leverage over Rads. He is still under contract with the Preds. If he really wants to get back in the NHL then he has to go through the Preds. Would I rather just blindly trade Rads for a mid round pick not knowing if he was gonna come back to the NHL or not or would I sit on him and possibly reap huge rewards later? It's not even close man. The return for Radulov at this very moment is so low it's just not worth it.
The key problem that you ignore is if Radulov would be more likely to come back to the NHL on a different team, which is the entire assumption of these proposals (trade condition on Radulov coming back). His "fair" trade value right now is based on both his playing ability and likelihood of returning. If the second condition is worse for the Preds, then he has LESS value to the Preds than he would for other teams in the league, and a trade makes sense.

Suppose they have these two options:
1. Trade Radulov (for a low first or so) to a team where he will play next season, guaranteed.
2. Hold onto him indefinitely until he has a change of heart, or "matures". Nobody knows if or when that will ever happen.

If those two choices are the ones available, then I'm pretty sure Nashville will cut their loses, opting to not take the unnecessary risk.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 03:00 PM
  #58
Predsrule
Registered User
 
Predsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepOrange View Post
The key problem that you ignore is if Radulov would be more likely to come back to the NHL on a different team, which is the entire assumption of these proposals (trade condition on Radulov coming back). His "fair" trade value right now is based on both his playing ability and likelihood of returning. If the second condition is worse for the Preds, then he has LESS value to the Preds than he would for other teams in the league, and a trade makes sense.

Suppose they have these two options:
1. Trade Radulov (for a low first or so) to a team where he will play next season, guaranteed.
2. Hold onto him indefinitely until he has a change of heart, or "matures". Nobody knows if or when that will ever happen.

If those two choices are the ones available, then I'm pretty sure Nashville will cut their loses, opting to not take the unnecessary risk.
yuo most of all when he said he could possible come back to NASHVILLE next year..he has already shown interest in coming back to the team...

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 04:38 PM
  #59
L4br3cqu3
Booya !
 
L4br3cqu3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,502
vCash: 905
I don't know if a swap of players not playing in the NHL right now could entice Nashville... Mtl Perezhogin for Nsh Radulov.

L4br3cqu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 06:00 PM
  #60
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,459
vCash: 500
I can't say this enough. Poile wouldn't be wasting his breath and time in Switzerland right now if he didn't at least want Radulov back. There have been some comments, primarily from Arnott, about Radulov needing to "explain himself." But in the next breath, Arnott acknowledges the Predators need for scoring, which Rads can certainly provide.

The team would welcome him back, though as mentioned he'd have to make up some face.

The fans would CERTAINLY welcome back.

And he has NEVER said, "I don't want to play for Nashville." His decision to leave was financially based, and he didn't make the money he was signed for this year. He has one more year at 975,000 which he doesn't seem to understand has to be played out. His words basically said, "I don't want to come back for that. If they give me a raise, then i'll come back." He's been told and promised that he'd be extended at a substantial increase, a la Suter and Weber, but that's been the holdup. He is a stupid kid, and that won't change for some other team.

That said, Poile is not a stupid GM. He has a reputation as one of the best, and I dont' think he's overlooking what some scheming HF posters are hoping. If he's going to trade Radulov, it will be under his terms, and the value will be right.

I wish this would pan out one way or another. Seriously tired of reading awful proposal after horrible package.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 08:44 PM
  #61
captainpaxil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I can't say this enough. Poile wouldn't be wasting his breath and time in Switzerland right now if he didn't at least want Radulov back. There have been some comments, primarily from Arnott, about Radulov needing to "explain himself." But in the next breath, Arnott acknowledges the Predators need for scoring, which Rads can certainly provide.

The team would welcome him back, though as mentioned he'd have to make up some face.

The fans would CERTAINLY welcome back.

And he has NEVER said, "I don't want to play for Nashville." His decision to leave was financially based, and he didn't make the money he was signed for this year. He has one more year at 975,000 which he doesn't seem to understand has to be played out. His words basically said, "I don't want to come back for that. If they give me a raise, then i'll come back." He's been told and promised that he'd be extended at a substantial increase, a la Suter and Weber, but that's been the holdup. He is a stupid kid, and that won't change for some other team.

That said, Poile is not a stupid GM. He has a reputation as one of the best, and I dont' think he's overlooking what some scheming HF posters are hoping. If he's going to trade Radulov, it will be under his terms, and the value will be right.

I wish this would pan out one way or another. Seriously tired of reading awful proposal after horrible package.
its my undertsanding hes still under contract in russia for another two years. even if he wanted to come back hes still under obligation to play there. talk was a few months ago that if his team was considering releasing him to play in north america after the season was over so that he could fulfill his obligation after which he would return to the khl and fulfill his contract there.

to me that puts his value as that of a deadline rental you cant resign. coningent on him getting out of or completing his deal in russia.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 08:54 PM
  #62
Predsrule
Registered User
 
Predsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
its my undertsanding hes still under contract in russia for another two years. even if he wanted to come back hes still under obligation to play there. talk was a few months ago that if his team was considering releasing him to play in north america after the season was over so that he could fulfill his obligation after which he would return to the khl and fulfill his contract there.

to me that puts his value as that of a deadline rental you cant resign. coningent on him getting out of or completing his deal in russia.

there was no talk like this from anyone else but fans...
and yes hes under contract in khl but also under contract in nhl where he goes is up to him


bottom line... unless we get a fair value for him as an nhl player were NOT trading him...

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 03:42 PM
  #63
captainpaxil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
there was no talk like this from anyone else but fans...
and yes hes under contract in khl but also under contract in nhl where he goes is up to him


bottom line... unless we get a fair value for him as an nhl player were NOT trading him...
but hes not an nhl player hes a khl player and will be for the next two years so what your saying is you wont trade him unless its for an overpayment which is fine.

i think in the end theres three different values for radu that as a khl player that as a rental player and that as an rfa and all three are radically differnt. speculation as to the two latter values is at this time premature.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 07:47 PM
  #64
kivaerijo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: EastNashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,394
vCash: 500
and i could be wrong on this, but wasnt there just something from the iihf that said that after this summer anyone that skips out on contracts from one league to the other, will have ramifications. but that leads me to believe that radulov could skip outon the khl contract this summer and come back to the nhl without having to worry about the international tourneys and fines. so he could just skip out on the khl at this point

but yes, if he plays in the khl under that contract for the next two years and then decides to come back to the league, we have him for a year at 900k, if its 10 years its 900k. he will come back at some point, its just a matter of when. it would be great if it was ten years so that that 900k would be well below league minimum (if the preds are still around at that point)

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 08:04 AM
  #65
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,459
vCash: 500
quotes from David Poile on 104.5's afternoon show yesterday afternoon (thanks to Spank303 for the synopsis):

David Poile was on 104.5 Tuesday afternoon. The 1st question was of course about Radulov.

He said that over in Switzerland he did meet with Radulov (it was the first face to face meeting since Rads left last summer). He said that Radulov talked with Suter, Wilson, Weber, Hamhuis almost everyday. I think he said that all the teams were in the same hotel or hotel complex and ate at the same place and all saw each other at the ice rinks since there were something like 8 locker rooms and they were pretty much all there at the same time.

Poile said Radulov had been in touch with some guys from the Preds team most of the year and had been keeping up with the Preds all season. Poile said they talked about last season, R/U-FAs, the direction of the team, the guys we drafted in '08, if Wilson would make the team, etc..

And Rads talked about Milwaukee being in the playoffs and following them, too.

Poile said he thinks Radulov has a lot to think about.


Also Poile said he will be meeting with Sully again soon and last time things were pretty positive. And Poile's going to be meeting with Trotz about R/U-FA's. They didn't get to have any meetings at the end of the season because Trotz was already gone to the Canadian camps for the WC.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 08:24 AM
  #66
Gorgeous George
Registered User
 
Gorgeous George's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Temple Bar
Country: Ireland
Posts: 1,798
vCash: 500
With the new IIHF transfer rules in place, does this not lock Radulov into staying with the KHL for the remaining two years of his contract?

Gorgeous George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 01:50 PM
  #67
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenson View Post
With the new IIHF transfer rules in place, does this not lock Radulov into staying with the KHL for the remaining two years of his contract?
nope, this takes effect NEXT off-season, not this coming offseason

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 04:37 PM
  #68
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 18,921
vCash: 500
What do you mean Weber, Suter, Hamhuis and others don't hate him?

What he doesn't hate Nashville?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.