HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Save the Coyotes Coalition

Old
05-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Z4dfence

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Z4dfence
The Save the Coyotes Coalition

Hi folks -

I know how hard this situation is on all of us. How hopeless many feel right now. Although everything seems to be coming down to a purely legal battle, we fans still need to voice our opinions and let the NHL, The Coyotes and well, pretty much the world know that we are here and we want to keep our team.

Some of our fanbase has teamed together to start the process of rallying the troops. I hope you will join us in the fan portion of saving our team.

Here is a link to the official Save the Coyotes site and the second link is to a list of groups and people and media that need to hear our voices loud and strong.

Save Our Coyotes Home Page

Write/email/call!

We are even getting a rally planned to show that we care.

Hope is not lost. And I hate to sound like a Pollyanna but it is true. Hopefully we can make a difference. Spread the word to your family and friends (even if they aren't hockey mad, they can make a difference to many businesses and others who will also lose out if the Coyotes were moved).

Thank you for listening and if you have contacts or talents you would like to volunteer please feel free to contact the Coalition Team. we appreciate your help however you can.

Let's Save Our Team!

Z4dfence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 01:24 PM
AZCOYOT

Can Mods PLEASE not combine this thread with the other? Let this be the new Hub!

and make sure you guys join the Facebook group, we've got 600+ members without any media whatsoever.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=77971569444

Use these Wallpapers as well:

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/w...rever_wap1.jpg

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/w...rever_wap2.jpg

Print/Fax this out and make sure to be at the Rally this Saturday!

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/w...whiteout09.jpg

AZCOYOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogary Flayotes View Post
Print/Fax this out and make sure to be at the Rally this Saturday!

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/w...whiteout09.jpg
How many people are you expecting for this rally? I'm asking because a small turnout would look worse than having no rally in the first place.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 01:56 PM
AZCOYOT

That's Dependant on the media coverage.. I'm on the outside looking in right now. I won't be in Phoenix until late June but i'm doing what I can for now from Calgary.

The Crew at Savethecoyotes.com are running things on the Rally. Hit up the site and drop a line

The Facebook group topped 600+ and have been notified of it. But the key is to get a story/interview with local media.

Old
05-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Z4dfence

The Coalition are in the process of finalizing an agreement with a local radio station to not only be at the event but to broadcast the details all over the valley this whole week and devoting some exclusive air time to the movment.

Old
05-11-2009, 02:10 PM
Rbenj

Has the media coverage been confirmed yet?

Also, it would really be great if we have some of the players visit as well. Or is that against league rules?

Anyway, I WILL BE THERE!!!!

The site is saying is on May 16, this saturday at 10am. Is that pretty solid?

Rbenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 02:42 PM
k1llua

Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Good. A REAL grassroots movement.

I don't care what you think, "Make it Seven" is not grassroots. No matter how many times Balsillie says it is. Grassroots movements don't have billions of dollars backing them.

k1llua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Z4dfence

Media (radio and tv) is being firmed up now but you can count on it...possibly as early as this evening after 6pm.

Location is being confirmed (Westgate but firming up the setup b4 announcing).

Date and time pretty much absolute. Need to do this b4 the court date and on a weekend to avoid heavy traffic for everyone (and of course b4 the heat gets going).

Trying to get the best turnout we can (even for a grassroots fanbased production) the world will be watching and we have to put our best efforts out there.

Old
05-11-2009, 02:49 PM
k1llua

I can pledge my shoddy video editing skills if they're needed. Anything I can put on a future demo reel.

Old
05-11-2009, 03:00 PM
PhoPhan

We will keep this thread distinct from the general financial thread as long as it stays distinct topically. I think this is a great idea, want it to work, and will do everything I can to keep this thread clean, but that's a general warning to everyone.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 03:03 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
I would attend the rally but being in Connecticut...well that is a long drive.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 03:05 PM
zyllyx
STH Hipster

I'll be there in spirit, but not in person - my kids' final volleyball games of the season are right during the rally and if there's one sport I love more than hockey, it's anything my kids play...

zyllyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Z4dfence

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llua View Post
I can pledge my shoddy video editing skills if they're needed. Anything I can put on a future demo reel.
If you have or would like to put together any kind of maybe memory montage or something of that type we can put it up on the various sites for sure.Every contribution counts.

Old
05-11-2009, 03:25 PM
SH1VERmeT1MBERS

Joined the Facebook group and sent it to all of my friends and family. If they care about me, they'll join. Bought the "Keep it Six" t-shirt. I'll be at the rally!

SH1VERmeT1MBERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 04:04 PM
AZCOYOT

Right on Brother!

Old
05-11-2009, 04:10 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Can I ask why it's been suggested that we email our State Legislators? They can't intervene in this matter. It's outside their realm.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 04:22 PM
k1llua

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
Can I ask why it's been suggested that we email our State Legislators? They can't intervene in this matter. It's outside their realm.
Because people listen to them. Their voices carry more than Joe Smith from Avondale.

Old
05-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Z4dfence

Quote:
Is it really? Anything that affects Phoenix, Glendale et al and the tax base/ revenues of Arizona is worth their attention. Westgate and every surrounding business will be affected by having an empty arena to some degree. You can bet they are keeping a weather eye on the situation. They may not have any influence on the court proceedings but you can bet they have influence with the Cities managers, mayors and council persons.

Plus... it can't hurt right?

Old
05-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Kings fan here, I'm definitely hoping you guys stay put in Arizona. . . You guys have such amazing young talent. . your bound to start making some playoff noise sooner than later. . hang in there.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 04:38 PM
ShootThePuckCoyotes

It is important to spread the idea that the Coyotes being here won't hurt anyone but if they leave a lot of people will be.

I told my family last night to throw as much support for the team as possible if the opportunity comes up, I told them if they needed a reason then to do it for me.

I am scheduled to work Saturday but will try to find someone to take my place and I will bring as many warm bodies with me as possible!

ShootThePuckCoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 08:03 PM
BraveSirRobin
Ducks offseason

Send a message via MSN to BraveSirRobin
Ducks fan here, and I'm really pulling for you. I have some friends in the Phoenix area and I sent them the info for the rally, so at least you'll have three to four extra people there. Stay strong guys!

BraveSirRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 08:13 PM
AZCOYOT

Quote:
They represent their districts.. Contact members from your district.

It will not hurt

Old
05-11-2009, 08:36 PM
RR

Find your State Rep and State Sens. here:

http://azredistricting.org/mapping/d...ActiveLayer=16

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 09:29 PM
RR

Here's what I sent to my State Rep and two State Sens:

Dear Rep. Waring and State Sens. Barnes and Barto,

I hope you will be inundated in the coming days and weeks with e-mails and phone calls from folks like me who are mad as hell about the attempt to wrest the National Hockey League's Phoenix Coyotes away from the Valley and move them to Southern Ontario, Canada.

There may not be hundreds of thousands of hockey fans here YET, but the more than 14,800 who make the trek to Glendale for each of the more than 40 games each season do not deserve this fate. Never has a professional sports team been moved to a new city with a new owner without league approval, yet that is exactly what a Canadian businessman is attempting to do.

The National Hockey League is fully supporting keeping the team in Arizona and in Glendale. Local ownership groups have been identified and one was putting the finishing touches on an offer that would keep the team here, according to NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman who was in Phoenix to finalize the deal. Before it could be presented our Canadian neighbor swooped in with an offer to buy contingent on moving the team. He seeks to circumvent long-standing rules and bylaws that have been responsible for the NHL growing from a $400M league concentrated in the Northern US and Canada in the early 1990s, to a $2.6B league which has brought franchises to 24 US cities.

Losing the Coyotes will be devastating not only to local hockey fans, but to the local economy. Thousands of snowbirds from the US and Canada that call Arizona home November through March, likely spend less time and money here if there #1 sport is no longer available. Same holds true for Spring Training visitors who take in baseball by day, dine and shop at Westgate late afternoon and evening, then stroll to Jobing.com for a Coyotes game.

I cannot tell you how many people I have met over the years as a Coyotes season ticket holder who are in town for the winter and spring who were thrilled to be able to add hockey to their holiday schedule, and get to enjoy their home team in another city.

We are very blessed to have all four major sports represented in this Valley, along with a pre-eminent college sports program at ASU. Losing any one of these jewels puts a black mark on Phoenix as sports community.

Finally, and maybe more importantly, the City of Glendale's taxpayers put up more than $180M in taxpayers funds to build one of the finest hockey arenas anywhere in North America with the assurance the Coyotes would be here for years to come. Westgate Center to the north, and University of Phoenix Stadium to the south comprise one of the finest sporting, shopping, and dining venues anywhere. And taxpayers will be left holding the bag if this legal end-run succeeds in stealing our team away.

I ask that each of you go on record in opposition to this attempt to move the Coyotes from Phoenix. We waited too long to get a hockey franchise, and we deserve the same chance as every other NHL city has received: time to allow local ownership the opportunity to build a winning team, a winning tradition, and a loyal fan-base. It took the Suns, Cardinals, and Diamondbacks years to get there, and we're so close. Please help us win this fight.

Best regards,
Marc Fredrick
Home Address
City, State, Zip,
Phone number

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 12:53 AM
Coyote_Fan

I wont be able to attend becuase I freaking work that day. I was wondering though if in the end the team does end up moving if the people of Glendale could sue Moyes. He's pretty much committed fraud upon the people who built his arena.

Coyote_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote