HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Save the Coyotes Coalition

Old
05-12-2009, 08:34 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

vCash: 500
I still say at least two people poop in the fountains...just for good measure. Nah I'm kidding! Glad to see it's being held near the arena at least!

SuperDave21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 08:47 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Where can we scrounge up real Coyote Poop?

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 08:51 PM
k1llua

Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
A golf course.

Every time I have seen a coyote it has been somewhere near a golf course. It's probably the water hazards.

k1llua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Rbenj

I just called Native New Yorker and thanked the Manager (at the time) for stepping up to the plate in hosting the Rally.

I just hope we get a lot to show up.
Regardless though, I'm gonna be there with the kids....

Rbenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 09:06 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llua View Post
A golf course.

Every time I have seen a coyote it has been somewhere near a golf course. It's probably the water hazards.

maybe thats why were bad on the ice, b/c we spend too much time on the GOLF COURSE!!!

I will look for the poo this week.

Old
05-12-2009, 11:01 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
They roam the wash behind my house every night. If you're serious I'll collect, but you have to make the deposit into the fountain. Deal?

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 12:55 AM
Z4dfence

Send a message via AIM to Z4dfence
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llua View Post
A golf course.

and the easy bunny snacks

Z4dfence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 01:28 PM
AZCOYOT

Print out and Distribute this Flyer as much as possible.. local rinks, grocery store.. your neighborhood, ect!

AZCOYOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 01:28 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

First of all, I didn't say "coyote" poop per se. Just feces in general, human or not. I mean, let's face it here, poop in a fountain is poop in a fountain. It sends the same message.

Second of all, thank you for taking the time to thank the owner/manager of the restaurant. I thought about calling up and doing the same but I figured I would do it at the restaurant. I just need to talk to a buddy of mine about going...

Old
05-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogary Flayotes View Post
Print out and Distribute this Flyer as much as possible.. local rinks, grocery store.. your neighborhood, ect!

What flyer?

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
What flyer?
lol...now that's classic, "what flyer?" with the flyer right there in the reply.

In my defense it was blank for a few minutes, so when I replied there really was nothing there.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

I can hardly wait to hear the reports...

"and they **** in the fountain showing they are obviously passionate and supportive of this team playing in Glendale. How can they allow the team to move now?"

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 03:37 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
I can hardly wait to hear the reports...

"and they **** in the fountain showing they are obviously passionate and supportive of this team playing in Glendale. How can they allow the team to move now?"
Could you imagine it though? Tourists peering into the rolling waves of the fountain and going, "Is that...is that what I think it is? It is! It's poop! They must really enjoy their team! Hey Tom, get a picture of me and the poop. Classic stuff right here..."

It will be epic to say the least. Maybe 12 News will do a head line story of it..."12 News investigates *cue menacing music* the mysterious fountain poop in an effort to say their beloved Coyotes. Tonight, at 11."

Old
05-13-2009, 03:49 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

I think it would be more effective to put dish soap in the fountain.

Old
05-13-2009, 10:59 PM
SH1VERmeT1MBERS

Oh man...I'm still going but Kevin McCabe S-U-C-K-S. I guess beggars can't be choosers, but it would be nice to have a radio show that actually has listeners show up for the rally.

SH1VERmeT1MBERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 11:24 PM
Jake16

Task Force

If this coalition is for real, we should set some realistic goals and see what we as fans can do productive to help save this team and turn it around. 2 things come to mind:

1. Devise ways we can get more fans to the gamew so that we have a moderate but realistic increase next season to say 15,500 actual paying fans; (our annoucned attendance this year was about 14,800, I believe. Yes we know: No snide comments necessary from non-Arizonans trolling here.)

2. Figure out way to get the message out that Coyotes fans have purchasing power and will support corporate sponsors who support the team by buying their products. (Yes, that may mean some of us have to buy the odd Verve energy drink, while others like myself can just stick with Sierra Nevada and Molsons).

I suggest that we use the Saturday rally or whatever else we can to get organized and see what we can do productive here. Perhaps we can form a task force to meet with the new management after the dust settles, assuming the team stays.

Last edited by Jake16: 05-13-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Jake16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 02:34 AM
AZCOYOT

It's not the responsibility of any fan group, or coalition to get fans to the games.. it's the responsibility of team management.. That's what they get paid for.

Fans can bring out people to games and hope it catches on but outside of that.. nah, I don't agree with you there.

That's just my personal opinion.

Old
05-14-2009, 11:17 AM
Jake16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogary Flayotes View Post
It's not the responsibility of any fan group, or coalition to get fans to the games.. it's the responsibility of team management.. That's what they get paid for.

Fans can bring out people to games and hope it catches on but outside of that.. nah, I don't agree with you there.

That's just my personal opinion.
Yah, and they're failing, that's why we have this mess.

It wasn't the responsibility of the fans in Winnipeg to break open their piggy banks to try to save their team in 1995, but they did.

Jake16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 03:29 PM
a79krgm

Send a message via AIM to a79krgm
I was visiting Winnipeg in '95 during their grassroots campaign to save the team. I've never seen anything like it. That community really put up a fight for their Jets. Maybe you should recruit some of those organizers for your cause?

http://curtiswalker.com/jets/grassroots.aspx

a79krgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 04:05 PM
AZCOYOT

I don't think we'd have any success there. Plus the group organizing this is doing an amazing job considering it's only been a week. The Preds held their rally in July with substantial planning and support and was able to hold their rally in the arena.

The one this weekend is probably just the first of hopefully not many.

Old
05-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

I'll probably be there with two friends of mine. We'll be the anti-social, akward 20 somethings sitting quietly in the corner, but giving our support nonetheless. I just need to find something white to wear. Maybe just go shirtless.

Anyone know what specifically this gathering will entail exactly? I assume a few public speakers will be there but what else? Or shall I just wait and see?

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 10:58 PM
AzYotes18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Those were my same thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
I'll probably be there with two friends of mine. We'll be the anti-social, akward 20 somethings sitting quietly in the corner, but giving our support nonetheless. I just need to find something white to wear. Maybe just go shirtless.

Anyone know what specifically this gathering will entail exactly? I assume a few public speakers will be there but what else? Or shall I just wait and see?
LOL....My friend said the same thing, he has no white t-shirt...but he is white as hell...

I believe ALL of you who feel that a low turnout will hurt us...those of you who live in Phoenix NEED TO SHOW UP!!!! Since we are having it outside, and it will be hot that may keep a few away, but please everyone wear a white baseball cap, put on sunscreen, and I KNOW we will have a great time.

I have an idea of what will be happening, but don't want to post just in case the game plan changes. I would just show up, expect to have a good time, and a hell of a great time with other Yotes fans.

I WILL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AzYotes18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 10:59 PM
AzYotes18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RousselRising View Post
They roam the wash behind my house every night. If you're serious I'll collect, but you have to make the deposit into the fountain. Deal?
I promise to buy you a beer if you don't get hauled off to jail!

AzYotes18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Z4dfence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake16 View Post
If this coalition is for real, we should set some realistic goals and see what we as fans can do productive to help save this team and turn it around. 2 things come to mind:

1. Devise ways we can get more fans to the gamew so that we have a moderate but realistic increase next season to say 15,500 actual paying fans; (our annoucned attendance this year was about 14,800, I believe. Yes we know: No snide comments necessary from non-Arizonans trolling here.)

2. Figure out way to get the message out that Coyotes fans have purchasing power and will support corporate sponsors who support the team by buying their products. (Yes, that may mean some of us have to buy the odd Verve energy drink, while others like myself can just stick with Sierra Nevada and Molsons).

I suggest that we use the Saturday rally or whatever else we can to get organized and see what we can do productive here. Perhaps we can form a task force to meet with the new management after the dust settles, assuming the team stays.
Baby steps Jake. Baby steps. First we have to be known... this rally and website starts the process then maybe (if we keep our team) we can move forward as more than a group of awkward fans tryin to do good works. Once it is established that the team is stayin, we can all turn our efforts to helping make the team more visible, viable and profitable.

Old
05-15-2009, 12:56 AM
Z4dfence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
I can't give away the whole plan either. We have several radio personalities who will speak, some video (I hope, fans are donating all kinds of favorite moments that we hope to share), there will be, by my slightly addled head count at least 10 or so out of area media type reps including Canadian tv and reporters plus the Phoenix media who will also be there in full force including channel 12. The FAN1060, the former home of the Yotes, stepped up when no others did so they deserve some serious love for that. There will be petitions to be signed and the NNY has opened the entire place for us so it won't be all standing in the sun, melting while waving our signs (they even created a very cool surprise on their menu in our honor). Some of you will probably be asked to give your opinion on air too.

But the amazing thing is, in less than 10 days, a group was formed to get our voices heard. They got together from everywhere not just Phoenix (Calgary, New York and across Arizona to name a few places) to get our voices heard. There is no money, no legal team, no professionals, just some dedicated fans who were blindsided by this situation and want to help. No matter how many show up or how much money is raised we'll be unfavorably compared to Winnipeg's efforts. But we're not doing it for anyone else but ourselves and our team.

I hope everyone here will show up and be counted.No effort is ever wasted if done with faith and heart.