HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Save the Coyotes Coalition

Old
05-18-2009, 08:38 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Devil's Advocate here:

Did the Save the Coyotes people send out a press release to the local media including said radio station?
Doubt it, but why even mention such a website in that case.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Doubt it, but why even mention such a website in that case.
If they want to get the word out to the masses, this is how the PR game is played.

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Z4dfence

Send a message via AIM to Z4dfence
We send out press releases. We definitely mention the website savethecoyotes.com as often as we can slip it in during any media contact. We will be doing a webcast with Preds on the glass later tonight. (we have done a bunch of internet and radio shows over the last few days...sadly enough... it is usually Canadian media that asks us to speak up... US media is lagging but that is no surprise).

Yes we are looking into having other rallies. The hardest part is, permits take like 15 to 30 days to come thru and cost 75 - 400 bucks to get. Also for any estimated numbers over 100 things get hairy, like EMTs and police presence. There is sooo much to cover that these things are a real hydra to get all the pieces in place. We were very lucky to get this one off the ground in only 8 days, trust me on that.

I am not the YotesDiva but she is one of the founding members of the Coalition so that is a great twitter to follow as she does 'real time' updates from the courtroom too. You can email me coyoteshipcheck.com. The coalition can be reached coyotescoalition@yahoo.com

Z4dfence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 02:04 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4dfence View Post
We send out press releases. We definitely mention the website savethecoyotes.com as often as we can slip it in during any media contact. We will be doing a webcast with Preds on the glass later tonight. (we have done a bunch of internet and radio shows over the last few days...sadly enough... it is usually Canadian media that asks us to speak up... US media is lagging but that is no surprise).

Yes we are looking into having other rallies. The hardest part is, permits take like 15 to 30 days to come thru and cost 75 - 400 bucks to get. Also for any estimated numbers over 100 things get hairy, like EMTs and police presence. There is sooo much to cover that these things are a real hydra to get all the pieces in place. We were very lucky to get this one off the ground in only 8 days, trust me on that.

I am not the YotesDiva but she is one of the founding members of the Coalition so that is a great twitter to follow as she does 'real time' updates from the courtroom too. You can email me coyoteshipcheck.com. The coalition can be reached coyotescoalition@yahoo.com
You might make some inquiries with booster members to see who anyone knows with ties to a local PR firm. Some pro-bono work by a firm or one its members could be good publicity for its local image. Just an idea. A link on the site specifically for the media with history of the effort, quotes to date, upcoming events and names of spokespersons with e-mail address and phone numbers that media can contact directly.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 03:37 PM
Z4dfence

good idea, I will pass it up the food chain!

Old
05-18-2009, 04:14 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

I'm a Columbus Blue Jackets fan. Just want to stop by and wish you well in this. I hope Balsillie is shut down yet again and you all keep the team.

**As an aside, I would like to see Ontario get an expansion team, just not an existing team that moves there.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2009, 01:24 AM
Z4dfence

While we wait for Judge Baum to render his decision (we know there will be an auction) and we are all aware of the adjustments any local bidder will need to the arena lease to get the team financially healthy. The city council members for Glendale will have to vote their approval of any changes to the contract. We’re also well aware of the valiant efforts by the City’s manager and legal team. Its time to not only thank them for their time and efforts but to let them know we fully support their future efforts to keep the team in Phoenix.

With watchdogs and disapproving pundits lurking at every turn, the City of G has its work cut out for it. But really, the alternatives are to completely lose the investment we’ve already made and to suffer a barren arena for many years to come, to watch Glendale’s economy take a possibly brutal, needless hit and to lose our beloved team OR we can make a few minor (in the scheme of things) adjustments to the contract and that is definitely the lesser of the two evils and we need to let them know they aren’t fighting alone.

So contact them, let them know we’ve seen their efforts and we not only approve, we are proud of them for standing up and protecting our investment.

So snail mail:
City of Glendale City Hall
5850 West Glendale Avenue
Glendale, AZ 85301

Or phone call:
Main Switchboard: (623) 930-2000

Or email them:
David Goulet - Ocotillo District mailto:dgoulet@glendaleaz.com
Joyce Clark - Yucca District Mailto:jclark@glendaleaz.com
Phil Lieberman - Cactus District mailto:lieberman@glendaleaz.com
Vice Mayor Manny Martinez - Cholla District mailto:mmartinez@glendaleaz.com
Yvonne Knaack - Barrel District mailto:yknaack@glendaleaz.com
Steven Frate - Sahuaro District mailto:sfrate@glendaleaz.com
Mayor Elaine M. Scruggs contact form

Lets show them we are classy and loyal fans and concerned citizens as well and help ensure that they make the right choice to allow renegotiation of the contracts.

Thanks for your help.

Old
06-19-2009, 07:07 PM
Rbenj

You guys are probably working on this already, but, you should probably work on a BIG rally once the ownership is settled. Let's see if we can use the JOB and start getting the word out, get permits, contact radio station, maybe even have the DOANER, or any player to show up.

Sorry, but I felt that we should do this, and hopefully let the new ownership, (once settled) know that we are here to support this team.

Rbenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 03:21 AM
Z4dfence

Quote:
Originally Posted by mon2mon2 View Post
You guys are probably working on this already, but, you should probably work on a BIG rally once the ownership is settled. Let's see if we can use the JOB and start getting the word out, get permits, contact radio station, maybe even have the DOANER, or any player to show up.

Sorry, but I felt that we should do this, and hopefully let the new ownership, (once settled) know that we are here to support this team.
Working on it

Old
06-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Jake16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mon2mon2 View Post

I would be extremely cautious and hestitant about planning any more rallys. While I attended to show my support, the last one did far more harm than good, as in the end it became nothing but fodder for the pro-Balsillie/pro Hamilton forces to point to that lack of any mass support for the team in Phoenix. Sometimes things are better left undone.

Jake16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Z4dfence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake16 View Post
I would be extremely cautious and hestitant about planning any more rallys. While I attended to show my support, the last one did far more harm than good, as in the end it became nothing but fodder for the pro-Balsillie/pro Hamilton forces to point to that lack of any mass support for the team in Phoenix. Sometimes things are better left undone.
More harm? As if they were'nt gonna rip us a new one anyway. If we had no concerted response from the fans at all it would have been much much worse.We really didn't want to do anything that would look bad but with all the press sayin there were no fans in Phoenix and that absolutely no one gave a **** (and that was starting to really pick up steam) there was no other recourse but to have that rally at that time. Between the rock and the hard place, the hard place looked much preferrable.

But rest assured that,going forward,the coalition will be working closely with the team and at their direction to maximize every opportunity, starting with the open house and the draft party.

Old
06-22-2009, 09:40 AM
SH1VERmeT1MBERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4dfence View Post
More harm? As if they were'nt gonna rip us a new one anyway. If we had no concerted response from the fans at all it would have been much much worse.We really didn't want to do anything that would look bad but with all the press sayin there were no fans in Phoenix and that absolutely no one gave a **** (and that was starting to really pick up steam) there was no other recourse but to have that rally at that time. Between the rock and the hard place, the hard place looked much preferrable.

But rest assured that,going forward,the coalition will be working closely with the team and at their direction to maximize every opportunity, starting with the open house and the draft party.
The Open House is getting close. time to really start pushing it. I haven't heard very much about it and I look for this stuff. We REALLY need to have a good turn out at functions like these, if for no other reason than to help entice potential local buyers.

SH1VERmeT1MBERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Z4dfence

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoCoyotes View Post
The Open House is getting close. time to really start pushing it. I haven't heard very much about it and I look for this stuff. We REALLY need to have a good turn out at functions like these, if for no other reason than to help entice potential local buyers.
This was announced on NHL live and is on about 8 different websites so far as well as being sent out to 4 or 5 email lists of thousands of potential and former ticket buyers that haven't renewed yet. We're workin on it. The draft party announcement was made today as well on the site not sure where else yet as I was in courtroom all day.
Edit; also on the sidebars of the AZcentral stories about the Yotes.

Last edited by Z4dfence: 06-23-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old
06-22-2009, 11:33 PM
omnimutant

I just don't understand why they would host an Open house in the Middle of the Week at 6pm considering all the cross town rush hour traffic and everything. Saturday could have filled the place I'm sure...

omnimutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:50 PM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnimutant View Post
I just don't understand why they would host an Open house in the Middle of the Week at 6pm considering all the cross town rush hour traffic and everything. Saturday could have filled the place I'm sure...
Must have been a Jerry Moyes idea.

Art.Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 12:00 AM
Z4dfence

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnimutant View Post
Actually, if you think about it, weekends are filled with other family demands that can get priority during the off season. The Open houses and seat swap events I've been to have no shortage of people at them especially ones that feature a player. This is 4 players (which I haven't seen them do for just an open house) so it is kind of the beginning of pulling out the stops to get people to come out and talk to them, see that they are going forward and Moss and Pang and others will be there too along with a small surprise that I am not about to spoil.But you will get answers to your questions and concerns, so anyone who is undecided or uneasy, I would definitely suggest hitting this one up and getting your information first hand.

Old
06-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Jake16

Is there a draft party as well on Friday? If so, where?

Old
06-23-2009, 07:00 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Yeah, there's one at Buffalo Wild Wings at the Scottsdale and the 101. It's on their website.

http://coyotes.nhl.com/index.html

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 01:58 AM
Jake16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
Yeah, there's one at Buffalo Wild Wings at the Scottsdale and the 101. It's on their website.

http://coyotes.nhl.com/index.html
Cool. I'll be there.

Old
06-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Z4dfence

Bill Daly, Deputy Commissioner of the NHL, will be meeting the media at the Alltel Ice Den tomorrow (Tuesday) June 30th at 5:10pm

Do you have questions? Grab your jersey and show up! See you there!

Last edited by Z4dfence: 06-29-2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: wrong date LOL
Old
06-29-2009, 06:24 PM
doaner

Is it Tuesday the 30th or Monday the 29th LOL

doaner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 06:39 PM
Z4dfence

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Is it Tuesday the 30th or Monday the 29th LOL
Tuesday!!! the 30th LOL

Old
06-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Beninato*

New member her and I commend all of you who have posted in this thread and supported the Coyotes staying in Phoenix. I'm a Canadian boy, born and raised. But I'm also a die hard Coyote fan and have loved this team for a long time. The thought of them being taken and moved to Hamilton of all places is sickening. I hope the Coyotes forever stay in Phoenix and I back them 100%. The argument that their low attendance is the reason they should move is laughable. Winning cures all, where is the talk of the Devils moving? They have a beautiful new arena, put a winning product on the ice and still only draw 1000 more fans a game than Phoenix. Look at Tampa and San Jose. Not hockey markets, but winning fills their buildings.

All in all, this battle isn't over yet. We must continue to push forward and continue to support OUR Coyotes. Continue to wear your apparel in Phoenix, continue to buy Phoenix Coyote merchandise and continue to support the team you love.

I look forward to talking PHOENIX Coyotes hockey with you all for years and years to come!

Beninato* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Jake16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninato View Post
New member her and I commend all of you who have posted in this thread and supported the Coyotes staying in Phoenix. I'm a Canadian boy, born and raised. But I'm also a die hard Coyote fan and have loved this team for a long time. The thought of them being taken and moved to Hamilton of all places is sickening. I hope the Coyotes forever stay in Phoenix and I back them 100%. The argument that their low attendance is the reason they should move is laughable. Winning cures all, where is the talk of the Devils moving? They have a beautiful new arena, put a winning product on the ice and still only draw 1000 more fans a game than Phoenix. Look at Tampa and San Jose. Not hockey markets, but winning fills their buildings.

All in all, this battle isn't over yet. We must continue to push forward and continue to support OUR Coyotes. Continue to wear your apparel in Phoenix, continue to buy Phoenix Coyote merchandise and continue to support the team you love.

I look forward to talking PHOENIX Coyotes hockey with you all for years and years to come!

Thanks for the support.

Old
06-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninato View Post

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote