HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rozsival to Phoenix

Old
05-11-2009, 12:18 PM
ecemleafs

vCash: 500
Rozsival to Phoenix

Rozsival

for

the rights to Upshall

at first glance this probably seems ridiculous, but it would free up cap space for the Rangers. It also would allow Phoenix to be at the cap floor while actually paying less throughout the contract because rozsy's cap hit would be 5m and the rangers payed him 7m already this season. the NHL will want phoenix to be spending the least necessary and they have a lot of UFA so paying rozsival less than his cap hit would probably be a welcomed idea. rozsival is actually a good defenseman and would help phoenix.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 12:22 PM
DUHockey9

I think even if you were to ignore contracts, Phoenix would prefer Upshall.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 12:25 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I think even if you were to ignore contracts, Phoenix would prefer Upshall.
upshall is a RFA this summer. phoenix wont be able to pay above market value for FA's and what player would sign there with such uncertainty regarding the teams future?

Old
05-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
upshall is a RFA this summer. phoenix wont be able to pay above market value for FA's and what player would sign there with such uncertainty regarding the teams future?
a player who is an rfa. they don't have a choice where they sign. unless another team offers a salary resulting in a first round pick, the coyotes will match
Posted via Mobile Device

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 12:31 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Done from a Rangers POV. I think Upshall would fit very nicely into Tortorella's up-tempo, heavy forechecking system.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 12:36 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Done from a Rangers POV. I think Upshall would fit very nicely into Tortorella's up-tempo, heavy forechecking system.
personally i wouldnt even resign him because we need 1st liners not 2nd/3rd.

Old
05-11-2009, 12:41 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
personally i wouldnt even resign him because we need 1st liners not 2nd/3rd.
Don't forget the Rangers are up close against the cap. Yes, Naslund retiring brings a lot of relief, since that cap space will go to re-signing Dubinsky, Callahan, Betts, and possibly Orr and Sjostrom.

However, as much money as you would free up by moving Rozsival, you're dreaming if 5 million can get the team a 1st line forward right now in the UFA market. The only way I wouldn't sign Upshall is if Sather had another Jagr-esque trade up his sleeve to bring in an unhappy 1st line forward talent.

Don't ask me why, but I can see Gomez and Upshall on the same line being very dynamic.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 12:57 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Don't forget the Rangers are up close against the cap. Yes, Naslund retiring brings a lot of relief, since that cap space will go to re-signing Dubinsky, Callahan, Betts, and possibly Orr and Sjostrom.

However, as much money as you would free up by moving Rozsival, you're dreaming if 5 million can get the team a 1st line forward right now in the UFA market. The only way I wouldn't sign Upshall is if Sather had another Jagr-esque trade up his sleeve to bring in an unhappy 1st line forward talent.

Don't ask me why, but I can see Gomez and Upshall on the same line being very dynamic.
we actually can afford around 6-7m in one player this year without trading rozsy. losing nazzy and morris combined is 8m off the cap. if we dont resign antropov than we have about 10m.

Old
05-11-2009, 01:09 PM
indczn

We already took Kalinen off your hands. You can keep Rozival and his contract. We like upshall, and being an rfa doesn't matter.

indczn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 01:21 PM
GAGLine

Why would they trade for Rozy when they can resign Morris for less? QOs for their RFAs will be around 6 mil. I don't think they'll have any problem reaching the salary floor.

Rozy only has 13 mil left over 3 years, but his salary is 6 mil next year, so really not a savings in terms of actual payroll until 2010.

The most likely destination for Rozy is Atlanta, IMO. They have some good, young defensemen, but they need a veteran presence back there that can play 20+ minutes a night. They traded away Schneider and Havelid, so they could be looking to add a veteran dman, especially considering that they gave up 280 goals last year. They also need to make some noise if they have any hope of keeping Kovy around.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 01:31 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Rozsival would get the Coyotes to the cap floor but they still have other players to sign including Prucha, Lombardi, and Yandle who need to stay. Maloney got a huge steal in the Upshall trade and he is not going to give him up for a simple salary dump like Rozsival. No way in hell GMDM does this.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 01:32 PM
The Pucks

Quote:
Phoenix would be much happier with the RFA compensation than Rozsival.

The Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 02:16 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
we actually can afford around 6-7m in one player this year without trading rozsy. losing nazzy and morris combined is 8m off the cap. if we dont resign antropov than we have about 10m.
Not resigning Morris doesn't save us anything because we couldn't afford him to begin with.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote