HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver's 1st and Cory Schneider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-11-2009, 01:12 PM
  #1
CM-
Registered User
 
CM-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,034
vCash: 500
Vancouver's 1st and Cory Schneider

Partly to get my mind of the game I was thinking about this. I was wondering how high of a 1st could this package land Vancouver.

I don't think it is high enough to move into the top 7 but to get into that territory we could others like Mason Raymond and/or Kevin Bieksa.

Of the Teams ahead of us how many could use a prospect goalie?

NY Islanders? Could use a better prospect in the pipes with DiPietro recent injury struggles not enough to move the 1st overall though. (Possibly something with San Jose's pick but would probably be a straight across or Schneider + Van's 2nd. for SJS 1st + another pick or a prospect)

Toronto? Could use another Goaltending Prospect to tandem with Pogge. Though highly doubt they move down.

Ottawa? Seem set with Elliot/LeClaire for now.

Colorado? Definately need help in net now and in the future, but do they deal the 3rd overall and to a division rival? (Doubtful)

LA? They seem set with Quick but Bernier is slowly falling off the radar. (Honeslty only way I could see LA deal use the 5th is a sign and trade (at good deals) with the Sedins for the 5th/Stoll)

Edmonton? I see a lot of possiblities here but some fans may say JDD/Dubnyk are as good as Schneider not sure I see that.

Dallas? Could see something here as much as the Stars should keep the 8th Overall a tandem for 1 year of Turco/Schneider then Schneider taking over in 2010 would really help them there.

So what do you guys think?

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 01:15 PM
  #2
Towelie*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,385
vCash: 500
Providing Luongo will re-sign,I think it would make more sense to trade Cory Schneider at the deadline after he has hopefully played 10 or so NHL games. His value will be much higher.

Towelie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 01:39 PM
  #3
CM-
Registered User
 
CM-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog Hodgson View Post
Providing Luongo will re-sign,I think it would make more sense to trade Cory Schneider at the deadline after he has hopefully played 10 or so NHL games. His value will be much higher.
True enough Like I started with need to get my mind off the game (Especailly seen I'm going to miss at least the 1st period) so thought I'd see what other's had to say about this.

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 01:54 PM
  #4
cydawg
#DefendNWA
 
cydawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Gahanna, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,944
vCash: 500
The Blue Jackets would be interested in Bieksa more than Schneider.

What else do the Canucks need?

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 02:01 PM
  #5
JawandaPuck
Moderator
Lost Art of Dynasty
 
JawandaPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,298
vCash: 500
Jonathan Bernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM- View Post
LA? They seem set with Quick but Bernier is slowly falling off the radar. (Honeslty only way I could see LA deal use the 5th is a sign and trade (at good deals) with the Sedins for the 5th/Stoll)

Jonathan Bernier could be next season's Simeon Varlamov. Likely to be sent down out of camp and then getting called up mid-season by LA. I expect the Kings to make the playoffs next season and I think Bernier will see some action, perhaps leading the team by that point. He seems to be a "back-nine" player -- note how his play improved drastically in the second half of the AHL season:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post

JawandaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 10:57 PM
  #6
CM-
Registered User
 
CM-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
Jonathan Bernier could be next season's Simeon Varlamov. Likely to be sent down out of camp and then getting called up mid-season by LA. I expect the Kings to make the playoffs next season and I think Bernier will see some action, perhaps leading the team by that point. He seems to be a "back-nine" player -- note how his play improved drastically in the second half of the AHL season:
Cool my bad I remember not to long he was struggling glad he (hopefully like Schneider) has turned it around for good

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 10:59 PM
  #7
Tyler Myers
Registered User
 
Tyler Myers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,326
vCash: 500
what do the nucks need? offensive d?

Tyler Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 11:02 PM
  #8
CM-
Registered User
 
CM-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Taveras View Post
what do the nucks need? offensive d?
well atm most of us Canucks fans want to blow up the team (I was hoping they did it this year) As these teams that tease us with how good they are then lose a series they should have won. But for my OP I was curious how high that package could move the Canucks up from ~24th overall

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 11:07 PM
  #9
Colton2233
Registered User
 
Colton2233's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,480
vCash: 500
what can the first + Luongo get?

Colton2233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 11:15 PM
  #10
CM-
Registered User
 
CM-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cydawg View Post
The Blue Jackets would be interested in Bieksa more than Schneider.

What else do the Canucks need?
Well thing is if the Canucks were (for the most part) to deal Bieksa it would for the Most part mean that they are starting a rebuild. Bieksa imo has a greater value than a 1st. (He has 2 season of 40+ Pts). Maybe something along the lines of Bieksa (possibly with a little more) for CBJ 1st + Either Kris Russell or Cody Golobeuf.
I think it depends on how Gillis determines too look at the post season for the Canucks. (The Start where we looked like World Beaters or The End where we looked like the worst team in hockey)

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 11:27 PM
  #11
Skelator 786*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Burnaby, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cydawg View Post
The Blue Jackets would be interested in Bieksa more than Schneider.

What else do the Canucks need?
A puck moving D Man and a true power forward that can finish.

Skelator 786* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 11:37 PM
  #12
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM- View Post
Well thing is if the Canucks were (for the most part) to deal Bieksa it would for the Most part mean that they are starting a rebuild. Bieksa imo has a greater value than a 1st. (He has 2 season of 40+ Pts). Maybe something along the lines of Bieksa (possibly with a little more) for CBJ 1st + Either Kris Russell or Cody Golobeuf.
I think it depends on how Gillis determines too look at the post season for the Canucks. (The Start where we looked like World Beaters or The End where we looked like the worst team in hockey)
I'm going to pretend Phoenix will be here with a new owner and able to spend somewhere mid-cap. Bieksa would be a great fit here and we have prospects and picks to move. If it was the 6th I think both sides would need to sweeten the deal. Bieksa's 2 years and $3.5M per is in line with what the GM here was talking about at season's end. Maybe Bieksa and Schneider for the #6 and Ross, or MacLean or Goncharov?

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 12:01 AM
  #13
CM-
Registered User
 
CM-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotes2009 View Post
I'm going to pretend Phoenix will be here with a new owner and able to spend somewhere mid-cap. Bieksa would be a great fit here and we have prospects and picks to move. If it was the 6th I think both sides would need to sweeten the deal. Bieksa's 2 years and $3.5M per is in line with what the GM here was talking about at season's end. Maybe Bieksa and Schneider for the #6 and Ross, or MacLean or Goncharov?
Well again depends on how Gillis takes the trade (I like most expected to hinge on Luongo's decision to stay here and it may still be at that point but never know). But a deal like this would be great as it could open enough salary to get sign Bouwmeester. Though I will say this, unless Goncharov was already over not 100% on this. I don't know if the Canucks take the risk as they have some bad luck with Russians. I would be estatic to do Bieksa + Schneider (if Luongo stays) for 6th overall and Ross. Would be nice to get one of Kane, MPS, OEL, or Schenn.

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 12:42 AM
  #14
timw33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,749
vCash: 500
Why would we trade Schnieder?

Luongo has 1 year left.

timw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 01:01 AM
  #15
Saren
Multi Pass!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Fhloston Paradise
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
Why would we trade Schnieder?

Luongo has 1 year left.
Obviously not.

We trade Hodgson (!)

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 04:57 AM
  #16
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,281
vCash: 500
Schneider has a lower trade value than Harding, and Harding is around a 2nd round pick.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.