HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs vs. Sabres - Mar. 24/04

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2004, 06:55 AM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyserSoze81
Yah, we buffalo fans are blessed to have Rick Jeanerette. I swear, after listening to his play by play almost all of my life, it makes it very painful to put up with anyone elses. He just electrifies the game... Very quick, always on top of the play and who has the puck.

Also, I have always been a fan of Perreault. He does have a lot of talent, and I was surprised to see him in the doghouse so much this year. Well, to some extent at least. He is very soft, but Im glad to see that he has taken advantage of his opportunities (now at least).

Anyways, dont get down on your team. The have lost 2 in the past 15 games in regulation. Say what you will, but those numbers are ridiculously good. Good luck in the playoffs!

As for me, Im just going to keep hoping that Buffalo can win out its remaining 6 games and have a chance at the playoffs...
Buffalo gives the Habs fits... and have now what seems like forever(Biron 10W3L)the Sabres are a good young team, and I would love to see them sneak in at the Isles expense!

Old
03-25-2004, 08:40 AM
Aarex

wow Guy, this is the first time you totally over graded lol, this was a horribly played game by all exept ryder and imo the cube

Old
03-25-2004, 10:05 AM
chicpea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
Ryder: ...the reason he’s going to be a continued success in this league is because he knows how to get into position and to take odd shots that have goalies totally dumbfounded.
Guy!, as a goalie, I have noticed this before as well, and especially so on last night's goal. It's not so much Ryder's overall positioning that is baffling, but the position from which he actually shoots, if that makes any sense. It's like his timing is deliberately off a half second. He has a real knack for shooting when goalies are not expecting and for placing it in odd spots.

Last night's top corner goal for instance: it wasn't like it squeaked in the very corner or bounced in off the post. No, it was vaguely in the upper right, a shot most goalies would save with ease had it come from somewhere else. But, you could tell how surprised Biron was and this will give Ryder continued success I think. Unique. Anyway, glad you noted that.

Old
03-25-2004, 10:52 AM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
Guy!, as a goalie, I have noticed this before as well, and especially so on last night's goal. It's not so much Ryder's overall positioning that is baffling, but the position from which he actually shoots, if that makes any sense. It's like his timing is deliberately off a half second. He has a real knack for shooting when goalies are not expecting and for placing it in odd spots.
That's because Ryder can get his shot off from any position—standing on one leg, falling backwards, a defenceman draped all over him—it doesn't matter; he can get the shot off. If he's in the slot and Ribs or Koivu have the puck, you as a goalie have to expect that a good shot will be coming your way. That's tough to deal with.

Old
03-25-2004, 10:55 AM
chicpea*

Totally agree GCarb. It's still bizarre to watch though. Even last night, after watching him score all year long, I was still surprised.

Closed Thread