HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Global Media Duped

Old
05-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Newhabfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
Can you bring examples for a lack of accountability, because honestly, there is only LaPresse which is doing french journalism around Les Canadiens, and they have backed their information each and every time.

I could give you several examples coming from RDS and CKAC. In fact La Presse like other written media are the most accountable since they cannot edit or change what they print. Also - no matter how much I hate/dislike guys like Tremblay - they are expressing opinions and you cannot be held accountable for opinions. You can be held accountable for reporting false information or for diffamation issues.

The Darkest night is an example of lack of accountability. I have not seen even one of the main actors apologizing or even admitting they were wrong. In fact they all use the "there is more to this but we can't talk" excuse, which is BS from a journalist.

Also - in the same week I heard on CKAC Price being called an imbecile and I've heard that in Price's town familiy trees have no branches. That's stuff to be held accountable for - however I could not get my hand on any recording of those shows after which means they can deny it easily.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
Can you bring examples for a lack of accountability, because honestly, there is only LaPresse which is doing french journalism around Les Canadiens, and they have backed their information each and every time.
Anyway, I still think the french media shouldn't be segregated from the other ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
I could give you several examples coming from RDS and CKAC.
however I could not get my hand on any recording of those shows after which means they can deny it easily.
Here we go again. Well, it was a fun thread while it lasted.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Here we go again. Well, it was a fun thread while it lasted.
Let's get back to talking about Citizen Kane.

Since it was based on William Hearst, there was a rumor that Hearst called his mistress's clitoris Rosebud, and that's why Wells chose it for the sled, as it is a catch all word that could mean a lot of things.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Let's get back to talking about Citizen Kane.

Since it was based on William Hearst, there was a rumor that Hearst called his mistress's clitoris Rosebud, and that's why Wells chose it for the sled, as it is a catch all word that could mean a lot of things.
What an odd name for a clitoris, I thought they all had names like "Charlie" or "Starkist".

I wouldn't want to add fuel to the fire, but that's the kind of rumour that gets 110 % into trouble.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
What an odd name for a clitoris, I thought they all had names like "Charlie" or "Starkist".

I wouldn't want to add fuel to the fire, but that's the kind of rumour that gets 110 % into trouble.
Hey now!!! I can wikiquote it so........... I'm already a step ahead of 110%..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen_kane#Screenplay

Look under the subchapter "Rosebud"

""In 1989, essayist Gore Vidal cited contemporary rumors that "Rosebud" was a nickname Hearst used for his mistress Marion Davies; a reference to her clitoris,[23][24] a claim repeated as fact in the 1996 documentary The Battle Over Citizen Kane and again in the 1999 dramatic film RKO 281. A resultant joke noted, with heavy innuendo, that Hearst and/or Kane died "with 'Rosebud' on his lips."[1]""

I was aware of it because of the RKO 281 movie... I LMAO when I heard it. Might've been Vidal's own pitch against contemporary media and how a rumor gets to be transformed into fact without being checked.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
I could give you several examples coming from RDS and CKAC. In fact La Presse like other written media are the most accountable since they cannot edit or change what they print. Also - no matter how much I hate/dislike guys like Tremblay - they are expressing opinions and you cannot be held accountable for opinions. You can be held accountable for reporting false information or for diffamation issues.

The Darkest night is an example of lack of accountability. I have not seen even one of the main actors apologizing or even admitting they were wrong. In fact they all use the "there is more to this but we can't talk" excuse, which is BS from a journalist.

Also - in the same week I heard on CKAC Price being called an imbecile and I've heard that in Price's town familiy trees have no branches. That's stuff to be held accountable for - however I could not get my hand on any recording of those shows after which means they can deny it easily.
I will read the whole message later, but just want to underline that CKAC and RDS are not accountable... specially because they are directly linked with the Habs, and also because they have near no journalists working in their offices. So they will get you some humor comments OR they will rely to you the message Les Canadiens want to rely, because Les Canadiens pay their salary.

Let me remind you that CKAC made a contest to get their new cheap labour guys. Those are not journalists with professional ethic guidelines to follow. Nor are those 80's or 90's hockey former coaches with a few neurons left. What unifies those medias is in fact that they have no journalists; not that they are french.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote