HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is anybody else worried about lock-out

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2004, 07:58 PM
Mooch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Is anybody else worried about lock-out

I sure am,

and its not primarly because ther will be nothing to watch next season on tv, but more so because younger players are starting to improve and may have to stop playing for a whole season. Ryder, Ribs, and even recently Komo have played very well. Personally i think a year away from nhl hockey could really effect them since they are all in their first full season. Plus guys like hossa and hainsey may even decide to slack of in the ahl thinking their not gona play anyways in the nhl that season.

Where will guys like Ryder, Ribs and Komo play? Hamilton?

That would be taking a step back and could hinder their developement IMO.

Are you guys worried about this at all?

Please give me reasons not to worry, im panicking here. Im sweating like dog, i need a Asprin. Help

Old
03-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Raider917

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
I sure am,

and its not primarly because ther will be nothing to watch next season on tv, but more so because younger players are starting to improve and may have to stop playing for a whole season. Ryder, Ribs, and even recently Komo have played very well. Personally i think a year away from nhl hockey could really effect them since they are all in their first full season. Plus guys like hossa and hainsey may even decide to slack of in the ahl thinking their not gona play anyways in the nhl that season.

Where will guys like Ryder, Ribs and Komo play? Hamilton?

That would be taking a step back and could hinder their developement IMO.

Are you guys worried about this at all?

Please give me reasons not to worry, im panicking here. Im sweating like dog, i need a Asprin. Help

i think it will be better for us than a lot of other teams. all teams are going to get older and for some of them, thats a very bad thing. the teams in small markets arent going to have enough money to hold on to key players(if they dont go bankrupt or get contracted). we are a big market team that arent old.

Old
03-23-2004, 08:05 PM
-_-

don't worry dude....

Eveything is relative ! Don't worry about that, 500 other players will be in the same situation IF a lock-out does occure. Also, a lot of vets will retire and it will make more space for youngsters to prouve themselves, this is a major + for our organisation which is one of the best around the league when it comes to quality youngsters ready to play in the big league. Also, if there's a lock out once again, i heard that about 6 teams will disappear... which is awesome for the sport... think about it, all the talent that will be available and all the untalented dead woods in the NHL who'll get fired ! AWESOME

Anyway... if there's a lockout it will definetly change the look of the league and i personnaly think this could be a good thing for those who love the game for real !

Am i wrong ???

Old
03-23-2004, 08:07 PM
Mooch

Teams disapeering is just pure speculation. I doubt 6 teams will disapeer.

Plus to be honest, i think an agreement will be settled before next season. I sure hope so anyways.

Old
03-23-2004, 08:29 PM
-_-

Quote:
Teams disapeering is just pure speculation. I doubt 6 teams will disapeer.

Plus to be honest, i think an agreement will be settled before next season. I sure hope so anyways.
I'm not an expert but i would be more than happy if it does happen... wouldn't you ?

And as for the agreement before next season... well it would be nice, to be honest i can't really imagine how could i survive without hockey to watch for a whole year !!! Hockey in Montreal rocks Especially these days, playoffs excitement is awesome ! Can't wait for the playoffs

Old
03-23-2004, 08:37 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by -_-
I'm not an expert but i would be more than happy if it does happen... wouldn't you ?

And as for the agreement before next season... well it would be nice, to be honest i can't really imagine how could i survive without hockey to watch for a whole year !!! Hockey in Montreal rocks Especially these days, playoffs excitement is awesome ! Can't wait for the playoffs
Sure i would love to see fewer teams with more talent. Like you mentioned it would make for better hockey. However like i said i just dont think teams will disapeer. If anything owners may have to lower team salaries to compensate for a loss of 1 full season of hockey.

Anyways im no expert either, im speculating just as much as the "professionals"

Old
03-23-2004, 08:45 PM
-_-

Quote:
im speculating just as much as the "professionals"
good point !

Closed Thread