HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Beginner Skates

Old
05-13-2009, 11:31 AM
JSTAFF

vCash: 500
Beginner Skates

I have played indoor roller for about 10 years and I'm about to make the jump to ice hockey. I was wondering what would be a good skate to buy as my first pair. Money is not really an issue but I'd rather not spend alot on a pair that wont make any difference to my horrendeous skating. Any responses are greatly appreciated

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 11:59 AM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 501
Go to the store and try on skates. Fit is the most important thing, and different brands and lines fit differently.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Grittzkey
Foreplay Guru

vCash: 500
If you know your going to play ice regularly and you want a solid skate without the pain of the wallet.

I'd say go with the RBK 5k, It's a step down from the better RBK's but its a step above your average begginer skate. It has some good protection in the feet compared to the Bauers and CCM's imo. Best of both worlds. Price and Performance.. Just make sure they fit right and your comfortable in them.

I've got the CCM V08's with the Rocket Runner and im satisfied with them. they'll be a bit more expensive but i can honestly say i love them.

Grittzkey is offline   Reply With Quote