HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What's it gonna take to get Jochen Hecht off the Sabres?

Old
05-15-2009, 12:23 AM
nEaLB4ZoD

vCash: 500
What's it gonna take to get Jochen Hecht off the Sabres?

Had a pretty bad year and is making a decent amount for a few years. Sabres are gonna be strapped as far as the cap is concerned and could really use that money to add some toughness.

So does Hecht have any value at all? Maybe to a younger team with a lot of cap room that he could be an asset to.

nEaLB4ZoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 12:33 AM
campmolson19

3.8 next year, 3.5 2011, 3mil 2012

31 year old penalty killer who is just getting worse. I don't know what team would want that for that kind of money

and Buffalo is to stubborn to just cut him, and admit they made a mistake

campmolson19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 12:42 AM
JosieB7188

Ok stats Goals: 12 Assists: 17----pts: 29 +/- -9 in 70 games
With a cap hit of 3,525,000
I'm pretty sure there is no team in nhl that would take this guy. Complete waste of money.
I'm thinking this could be the worst signing in Sabres history. Lemme know if u think so?????

Last edited by JosieB7188: 05-15-2009 at 12:58 AM.
JosieB7188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 12:46 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieB7188 View Post
Ok stats Goals: 12 Assists: 17----pts: 27 +/- -9 in 70 games
I'm pretty sure there is no team in nhl that would take this guy. Complete waste of money.
I'm thinking this could be the worst signing in Sabres history. Lemme know if u think so?????

Really?

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 12:47 AM
HankTheTank

12 chicken wings and 4 mill in cap space?

HankTheTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 12:54 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

If u are thinking about dumping his contract i think a leafs will be a good partner. trade :

To Tor:

Hecht + 2nd

To Buf:

Some cheap AHL guy/ Jamal Mayers.

I know the second seems like alot, but this guys is 31, scored only 29 pts and is signed till 2012 for over 3 + mills / season. Becasue of all that, i think it would have to be a second to get it done.

After the trade leafs probably buy him out.

Once again, this work only if Buffalo wants to dump his bad contract.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 12:56 AM
JosieB7188

yep lol. but come on honestly 3m for 29 pts a season come on now!

JosieB7188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Thorton02

I think TO already has Buff's 2nd round pick.....for Dominic Moore. I know hindsight is 20/20, but so much for Regeir fleecing other GM's out of their Brieres and Dumonts. I'd be happy trading Hecht for a 7th. Does the draft go that high anymore?

Thorton02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 10:52 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

There's no point trying to trade him in this offseason, his value is just too low.

You have to see if he can rebound in the beginning of next year and raise his value before dealing him at the deadline (or if he plays well there wouldn't be a need to deal him). He's only one season removed from being a 20 goal scorer, so it's way too early to say he's completely gone to waste. He had a bad year, many players do. Some rebound, some don't, but you have to wait to see which type of player Hecht will be since his value won't get any lower.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSlug View Post
There's no point trying to trade him in this offseason, his value is just too low.

You have to see if he can rebound in the beginning of next year and raise his value before dealing him at the deadline (or if he plays well there wouldn't be a need to deal him). He's only one season removed from being a 20 goal scorer, so it's way too early to say he's completely gone to waste. He had a bad year, many players do. Some rebound, some don't, but you have to wait to see which type of player Hecht will be since his value won't get any lower.

Agreed. He has minimal value at the moment -- simply riding it out is the likely course of action. If he rebounds to previous form, he's close to being worth the deal. If not, then he's still a lodestone to move, but with a year less on his contract. It's not like he's the first player ever to have a bad season....

05-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Ok stats Goals: 12 Assists: 17----pts: 29 +/- -9 in 70 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMITING REAGENT View Post
If u are thinking about dumping his contract i think a leafs will be a good partner. trade :

To Tor:

Hecht + 2nd

To Buf:

Some cheap AHL guy/ Jamal Mayers.

I know the second seems like alot, but this guys is 31, scored only 29 pts and is signed till 2012 for over 3 + mills / season. Becasue of all that, i think it would have to be a second to get it done.

After the trade leafs probably buy him out.

Once again, this work only if Buffalo wants to dump his bad contract.
Quote:
yep lol. but come on honestly 3m for 29 pts a season come on now!
Clearly some people just started watching hockey last season

Jochen Hecht is a great support player, a regular 50 pts guy except this year and God knows, Buffalo had some really terrible stretches going through the season. He's a silent leader type, he was effective when he wasn't scrutinized for points (i.e. when Drury and Briere were putting up numbers on the boards). 3 more years at 3M for a veteran who is able to net 20 goals a year and play the perimeter game is a good price to pay.

"What have you done for me recently" mentality is killing these boards.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote