HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Ottawa vs. Philadelphia, April 2nd

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2004, 11:41 AM
SensGod

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
GDT: Ottawa vs. Philadelphia, April 2nd

Might as well get this one started sooner than later.

Reason being is that I was going to start a thread about who should start in nets for the Philly game...but I may as well wrap it up into the GDT.

so here goes...who starts?

Lalime is injured...Prusek sucked hard enough to start a harley from 50 feet away last night...Emery looked good, and the goal he did let in wasn't his fault.

I say go with Emery myself...but I doubt that he will because the Sens have had a bit of a habit this year putting the goalies right back in after a weak game.

Let's discuss...

OH BTW...

GO! SENS GO!

Old
04-01-2004, 11:53 AM
GoethesGouda

I think it's more about who we want to start vs. the Leafs. The Leafs game is far more important. I doubt whoever plays friday will also play saturday.

Old
04-01-2004, 11:56 AM
Martin

Exactly. Lalime will start vs. the Leafs, that's more or less a given. And it's pretty likely he won't start vs. the Flyers.

So we're left with a crapshoot, really. Prusek, who was pretty bad vs. the Panthers, or Emery, with a whopping.... 3 games of NHL experience? 4?.... under his belt.

I'd take my chance with Prusek. He can do it!

Old
04-01-2004, 11:59 AM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoethesGouda
I think it's more about who we want to start vs. the Leafs. The Leafs game is far more important. I doubt whoever plays friday will also play saturday.
From the reports I've been hearing...Lalime won't be able to play on Saturday...

Old
04-01-2004, 12:29 PM
TexSen

A side bar for a moment if you will.

Did anyone notice last night on a couple of saves on shots high to the corners that Emery was upright?

And I don't mean in the butterfly upright, I mean standing up.

For all the goals I've seen this year that have been top corner over either Prusek or Lalime's shoulder because they've dropped too early, it really caught my attention last night.

Sure playoff positioning is important, but what better way to throw an up and coming goalie into the deep end of the pool to see how he handles pressure than putting him in front of Flyer fans?

Second to that thought.......the opposition scouting report on Emery would be pretty thin given he hasn't seen much NHL action. Maybe a goalie they haven't seen before will throw the Flyer shooters off some?

Discuss.

Oh and GO BANANA MEN GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-01-2004, 12:34 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Emery is always well positioned...Lalime and Prusek need to keep their game more simple. Lalime started that and his positioning was excellent vs Montreal. Emery also seems to be a lot better at handling the puck..I say start him against the Flyers, Prusek vs Leafs.

Old
04-01-2004, 12:39 PM
HF2002

Yesterday I heard that Lalime won't even be ready for the 1st game of the playoffs, and then today I read that he is going to be ready for that 1st game. And so starts the injury cloak and dagger....

Goalies aside, I don't see any fallout from the last game they played. Both teams need to be professionals about this. They each need the points and they can't afford any injuries at this point. If Clarke wants he can suit up and try to break Alfredssons ankle but I don't think Clarke would be able to catch him. At this point Clarke couldn't catch a cold. I think there's going to be some big hits and physical play because each team wants to set a tone in case they meet but that should be the extent of it.

I would expect to see Ray and Simpson inserted into the line up, with Pothier and Vermette watching from the press box. If the Flyers are stupid enough to attempt to injure any Senator outside of a hard hit the Sens have to retaliate.

BTW - for those who go out to watch the games in the Ottawa area (and more specifically the west end) the best place to go is Marshy's at Centrepointe. At least 6 wide screen HDTV's, during all Sens away games you can order all you can eat wings($10), lots of regular sized tv's all over the place, and if you're lucky you might see Brad Marsh . One side of the restaurant is more of a sports bar area and the other is more of a typical restaurant - but don't get me wrong, it's all a sports bar. They pump the play by play throughout the restaurant, so the audio is great. On the restaurant side, all booths have a small tv on each table. There are tv's in the bathrooms so you don't need to wait for a commercial to go recycle your beer. And, it was all Sens fans last night. This demographic actually cheers and makes noise when the Sens score, and they'll yell at the tv when Prusek lets in a goal that even Trevor Kidd could save.

Last edited by HF2002: 04-01-2004 at 12:55 PM.
Old
04-01-2004, 12:58 PM
Quantas

I think Martin should definitely put Ray and Simpson in, if only because he can't have Clarke telling him who he should and should not put in his lineup.

I'd go with Prusek myself. Get him back on the horse, and the good news is he was pulled halfway through the game, so his back should be okay. The real test is Saturday...and I'm half tempted to put Emery in for that one, just to see what would happen (and especially if Ottawa wins and Toronto loses Friday night) and if Lalime isn't ready.

Old
04-01-2004, 01:02 PM
TexSen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF2002
BTW - for those who go out to watch the games in the Ottawa area (and more specifically the west end) the best place to go is Marshy's at Centrepointe. At least 6 wide screen HDTV's, during all Sens away games you can order all you can eat wings($10), lots of regular sized tv's all over the place, and if you're lucky you might see Brad Marsh . One side of the restaurant is more of a sports bar area and the other is more of a typical restaurant - but don't get me wrong, it's all a sports bar. They pump the play by play throughout the restaurant, so the audio is great. On the restaurant side, all booths have a small tv on each table. There are tv's in the bathrooms so you don't need to wait for a commercial to go recycle your beer. And, it was all Sens fans last night. This demographic actually cheers and makes noise when the Sens score, and they'll yell at the tv when Prusek lets in a goal that even Trevor Kidd could save.
Screw you for making me miss a real sports bar so bad that I want to cry!

It's this time of the year that makes me pine to be around my fellow Sens fans in Ottawa.

Apologies to my Texas wifey!

Old
04-01-2004, 01:20 PM
GoethesGouda

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexSen
It's this time of the year that makes me pine to be around my fellow Sens fans in Ottawa.
It could be worse; you could be in Leaf country.

Old
04-01-2004, 01:20 PM
HF2002

Quote:
Screw you for making me miss a real sports bar so bad that I want to cry!

Apologies to my Texas wifey!

Well, if it's any consolation this new Marshy's is lacking in...umm...umm...napkins(aka serviettes). I had to go get my own last night. Plus, Marshy's seems to be a government agent. They actually expect us to pay GST and PST.

Old
04-01-2004, 01:21 PM
senate

If Phillie dresses Berube then we should dress Emery. Lets see how Primeau's net crashing fares against Razor Emery.

Bow to the power of the banana

Old
04-01-2004, 02:34 PM
chara

The Sens should stop playing down to these morons from Philly. They should play up an tempo game, similar to how Tampa has played Philly. We all saw on Monday that the Sens can play this game, heck the Lightning have modelled their game after the Sens.

That's how Tampa blew the Flyers out and if the Sens get back to these basics, the Sens can do the same. Bobby Clarke and Ken Hitchcock will want to use trash talk to throw the Sens off their game. It's all they got. The Flyers are overpaid, overrated and just plain over the hill. And both of them know it.

Go Banana Men Go

Old
04-01-2004, 03:01 PM
GoethesGouda

Quote:
Originally Posted by chara
Bobby Clarke and Ken Hitchcock will want to use trash talk to throw the Sens off their game. It's all they got.
I was so proud of the way the Sens handled themselves after Clarke and Hitchcock's foolish remarks. Instead of firing back, the Sens management took the high road. It made Clarke look like a loser. I wish Clarke got into the Sens dressing room and tried to start something. He would have left on a stretcher.

BTW, who is Clarke to call anyone out on "dirty" play? Did he forget about his own career?

Last edited by GoethesGouda: 04-01-2004 at 04:21 PM. Reason: typo
Old
04-01-2004, 03:04 PM
TexSen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF2002
Well, if it's any consolation this new Marshy's is lacking in...umm...umm...napkins(aka serviettes). I had to go get my own last night. Plus, Marshy's seems to be a government agent. They actually expect us to pay GST and PST.
PST and GST........It's coming back to me now, I feel better.

I really miss the playoff atmosphere. The year I left Ottawa was the season they made the playoffs and knocked off Jersey. It's just not the same celebrating playoffs wins without a bar full of people.

Last edited by TexSen: 04-01-2004 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Add requisite dancing Banana Man!
Old
04-01-2004, 03:19 PM
fighterflea1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoethesGouda
I was so proud of the way the Sens handled themselves after Clarke and Hitchcock's foolish remarks. Instead of firing back, the Sens management took the high road. It made Clarke look like a loser. I wish Clarke got into the Sens? dressing room and tried to start something. He would have left on a stretcher.

BTW, who is Clarke to call anyone out on "dirty" play? Did he forget about his own career?
You guys were doing pretty well there for a while. I think this game is all about the points at this time of the year but Philly fans have gotta want to know who on the Sens has the stones to go up against Brashear cause from where I'm sitting all your tough guys wait till he's not in the play.

Old
04-01-2004, 03:27 PM
Human Megaphone

I am pretty sure his name is Rob Ray. I'll admit he didn't fare so well last time, but if you think he doesn't have the stones your kidding. All he's got are stones. Heck he clanks when he walks.

Old
04-01-2004, 03:34 PM
senate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterflea
You guys were doing pretty well there for a while. I think this game is all about the points at this time of the year but Philly fans have gotta want to know who on the Sens has the stones to go up against Brashear cause from where I'm sitting all your tough guys wait till he's not in the play.
Haven't Ray and Neil both fought him this year? I think fans of all the other NHL teams want to know why Brashear refuses to fight any other heavy weights and instead goes up against only middle-weights. Why does he never fight Worrell, Laraque, or Chara? If anybody can be criticized for picking and choosing opponents its Brashear (remember McSorley?).

As a Sens fan I like to know when the Flyers are gonna live up to their mouth. Where's all that pain Roneick promised us two years ago, I've looked I can't seem to find it.
My banana's dance for the impotent rage of the Flyer's fans.

Old
04-01-2004, 03:43 PM
H2ODP

vCash: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by senate
Haven't Ray and Neil both fought him this year? I think fans of all the other NHL teams want to know why Brashear refuses to fight any other heavy weights and instead goes up against only middle-weights. Why does he never fight Worrell, Laraque, or Chara? If anybody can be criticized for picking and choosing opponents its Brashear (remember McSorley?).

As a Sens fan I like to know when the Flyers are gonna live up to their mouth. Where's all that pain Roneick promised us two years ago, I've looked I can't seem to find it.
My banana's dance for the impotent rage of the Flyer's fans.
Better yet, When are we going to see Brashear actually open up in a fight for once, instead of hugging his opponents to death while going crazy with overhead punches..

Old
04-01-2004, 03:54 PM
GoethesGouda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensfan11
Better yet, When are we going to see Brashear actually open up in a fight for once, instead of hugging his opponents to death while going crazy with overhead punches..
Not to mention punching players with his gloves on. He likes to get a few cheap gloved punches in before he drops them. The guy's a joke. :lol

If Philly doesn't want their "skill' players to get hurt, don't send them out to fight. Duuuuuuhhhh!

Old
04-01-2004, 04:12 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
If Philly doesn't want their "skill' players to get hurt, don't send them out to fight. Duuuuuuhhhh!
Gee, that's a good idea. Maybe we can hide them in the penalty box like you guys do? That would work.

Quote:
I wish Clarke got into the Sens? dressing room and tried to start something. He would have left on a stretcher.
:lol That's a good one.

Quote:
The Sens should stop playing down to these morons from Philly. They should play up an tempo game, similar to how Tampa has played Philly.
You do remember that you did lose last game, right?

Old
04-01-2004, 04:12 PM
TexSen

I've got 50 bucks (American) for anyone who wants take this bet against me.

Here's the bet: I bet 50 dollars that after the game (if the Sens win) a Flyers fan will hop on this board and complain either about the reffing being biased in favor of the Sens, use the word "cheap shot artist" in reference to a Senator player, or mention the word "diver" in association with a Sens player.

(Mods.....no deleting posts to win the bet please!

Oh and

Old
04-01-2004, 04:28 PM
GoethesGouda

Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyers8
Gee, that's a good idea. Maybe we can hide them in the penalty box like you guys do? That would work.
No, just don't send them out to fight.

Quote:
:lol That's a good one.
:lol Yeah, Clarke was goign to beat up the entire Senators team.

Quote:
You do remember that you did lose last game, right?
You do remember that the Sens HUMILIATED the Flyers the past two years in the playoffs right?

Hey, if the Flyers win a game against the Sens this year in the playoffs, it will make it their fourth victory in three years. That's sort of like winning a round against us... sort of... :lol

Old
04-01-2004, 05:08 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
I've got 50 bucks (American) for anyone who wants take this bet against me.

Here's the bet: I bet 50 dollars that after the game (if the Sens win) a Flyers fan will hop on this board and complain either about the reffing being biased in favor of the Sens, use the word "cheap shot artist" in reference to a Senator player, or mention the word "diver" in association with a Sens player.

(Mods.....no deleting posts to win the bet please!

Oh and
Well that's a given. Come on...the Sens don't beat anyone fairly. They must pay off those refs.

It's a shame Lalime won't be able to play Friday, because it's going to be about goals and winning the game rather than an all out brawl this time.

Old
04-01-2004, 05:40 PM
HF2002

swflyers8,

Are you for real? An old man going into an opposing team's dressing room by himself to take on the other coach? He'd get creamed. As would John Muckler if he went after Hitchcock. Not only would he take a beating but he would find himself subject to severe punishment from the League.

I can just see Chara standing up, putting his hand on top of Clarke's forehead and not allowing him to pass. All the while Clarke is running on the spot, trying to swing at Chara but failing because he can't reach him. Then Chara could just let go once Clarke had enough momentum, step to the side and then stick out his foot. End result: Clarke's on the ground calling JM a chicken and gutless puke. On top of that, he would be the laughingstock of his peers (if he isn't already).

Hitchcock had better hope he's one healthy mofo, because if he isn't Clarke will fire him too. "We didn't tell Hitch to go get malaria. But he did anyway."

Closed Thread