Do the Bruins fans who gave up down 3-1

Old
05-13-2009, 12:31 AM
Kvartalnov_Fan
Stanley Cup Stupid!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savynquick View Post
Have to do anything to jump back on the wagon? Sing a song or make some offering to the Bruin's gods? It shouldn't be as easy as just jumping back on after punking out on our boys. So what works?
OMG!!! Your SO awesome cuz you never gave up hope. Can you teach me how to be a better fan just like you? Maybe then I can join the ranks of the elite Bruins fans?
Seriously now, can we stop with these "I'm a better fan than you" threads? Being a Bruins fan is NOT a competition!!! I don't have to prove myself to anyone on this board. I know that I have been a Bruins fan for 19 years here in enemy territory where wearing a Bruins jersey is like going hunting while wearing antlers. Everyone has words for you and everyone wants to fight you because of the colors you wear. It's not easy but it's what I am, a Bruins fan and so are you. Let's just be happy to have a place where we can share our thoughts with our brethren.

Kvartalnov_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 12:33 AM
Hnidy Hnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph LaMonica View Post
This was Saturday afternoon. I'm not criticizing all my friends and relatives and calling them horrible fans/people. Some had mother's day plans. One of my friends and I had a lengthy discussion about why everyone was so down on the team and how we had to keep the faith, but I think he's broke which might explain why he didn't take me up on it. I'm sure some people didn't check their email until it was too late.

I just thought of ALL the Bruins fans I know (they pestered me for the tickets I couldn't use when I was traveling in Jan. Feb.) that 1 person might want to see a round 2 playoff game for a reasonable price and not much inconvenience. The 4 die-hards were there though.
They shoulda taken u up on it, and seen a game when they had the opportunity. Game 7 is going for $150+ everywhere. Im expecting the prices to remain around that, from here out, should we advance to game 1 Saturday night

Hnidy Hnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 12:51 AM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

I'm one of the doubter-fans. That does not mean that I did not watch the games tho. for the last 2 games I lived and died with my bruins. I never doubted their ability...I just doubted their interest. Well, they have shown me the error of my ways.

The Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 12:54 AM
Sanman19

Send a message via AIM to Sanman19
as I control freak, I hate not really knowing what goes on in that locker room so all I have to judge their play is what they show on the ice.

And they were garbage until game five so it was heard not to feel like the worst may be inevitable. The rational side of me knew hockey and sports in general is crazy so you never know. Nonetheless, because I feel so passionate about my team my emotion won over my rationale.

Some people are calm about their team until the last minute. I am not.

Sanman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 12:56 AM
djmatty
Single for DET/BOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanman19 View Post
as I control freak, I hate not really knowing what goes on in that locker room so all I have to judge their play is what they show on the ice.

And they were garbage until game five so it was heard not to feel like the worst may be inevitable. The rational side of me knew hockey and sports in general is crazy so you never know. Nonetheless, because I feel so passionate about my team my emotion won over my rationale.

Some people are calm about their team until the last minute. I am not.
some people are controlled like Krecji. you're more of a Lucic

djmatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 01:04 AM
Sanman19

Send a message via AIM to Sanman19
Krejci is ironically my fav. Bruin.

oh yea I will it's nice to be proven wrong in sports sometimes

Sanman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 04:49 AM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savynquick View Post
Have to do anything to jump back on the wagon? Sing a song or make some offering to the Bruin's gods? It shouldn't be as easy as just jumping back on after punking out on our boys. So what works?
Rafael, I DON'T like where your thread is going. And I hope it gets appropriately locked quickly.

*I really thought you were better than this--

oh wait....no, I didnt.

Last edited by Kovi: 05-13-2009 at 05:19 AM.
Kovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 05:47 AM
Bruins Chica
A dream come true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Rattlehead View Post
I think the Bruins can go 0-82 for 10 straight years and I would still cheer for this team.

There have been a few years that it's been close. Or at least felt like it. LOL

Bruins Chica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 05:51 AM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
Well ... some people deal with pain in different ways. if you break up with a girl all of a sudden she sucks,
From a bathroom stall in central Mass:

No matter how cute she is, someone somewhere is sick of her #@%!.

It's Bruins time, kiddies.

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 05:56 AM
DarrenBanks56

I dont think anyone left the bandwagon. The crowd at game 5 was the best of the series. I think B's fans knew we would win game 5, then we would gain some confidence, and get that big win last nite. We were the best team in the East.

Now it all comes down to 1 game. In my opinion, any team can win it. Carolina has already won a road game 7 in this years playoffs. So I really dont think the Home ice has that much of a difference. If the Bruins play like they did in game 5, they will win. That simple.

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 06:22 AM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

vCash: 50
If they lost in 6, would I have been given a free Walker-shot to those who waved the pom-poms? No?

A true fan who will always be remembered.

Last edited by doubleminor138: 05-13-2009 at 08:28 AM.
doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 07:20 AM
Savynquick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special K View Post
I'm one of the doubter-fans. That does not mean that I did not watch the games tho. for the last 2 games I lived and died with my bruins. I never doubted their ability...I just doubted their interest. Well, they have shown me the error of my ways.
Word up! Welcome back!

Savynquick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 07:21 AM
Tigersmith

Send a message via AIM to Tigersmith Send a message via MSN to Tigersmith Send a message via Yahoo to Tigersmith Send a message via Skype™ to Tigersmith
I was also at game 5 and went to 2 games in the first round vs mtl. No way i would quit on this team when they needed it most.

Tigersmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 07:22 AM
Savynquick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post

*I really thought you were better than this--

oh wait....no, I didnt.
Exactly! you knew I was going to let anyone shirk the whole quitting thing. I haven't changed THAT much.

Savynquick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 07:45 AM
Czerk

Let's be fair, the Bruins didn't show any life in 3 straight games going down 3-1 for 90% of the fans to believe. I know for me, my heart was still in it but my head was saying we were done. Doesn't mean I don't watch them? NO! Just means that I was trying to take a dose of reality.

To my surprise, they have come from the DEAD to the team they were before. Now let's finish it off.

Czerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 07:47 AM
Frankie Spankie

I'll admit the Saturday after game 4 I was one of those fans.

BUT, Sunday I spent almost all day reading up on these boards and every single post made me more and more pumped for the rest of the series. I went to game 5 and by the time I got to the Garden, I had absolute 100% faith in the team again. I guess I was still kind of depressed Saturday but knew going into game 5 on Sunday that the team would turn it around.

Frankie Spankie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 07:57 AM
nazartp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Chica View Post
Sorry, I haven't jumped off in 30 years.....it would take more than being 3-1 down in the 2nd round of the playoffs for me give up on this team. Is that how they roll in Ottawa???
Well, we stayed here through Lewis' stint which was pure lifetime dose of depression condensed into one season. Losses in the playoffs are heartbreaking, but nowhere near the feeling of knowing that your team sucks and is going to suck.

nazartp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 10:33 AM
cobrak

Hey all I havent been around for a while because life has been pretty busy lately, but i wanted to chirp in on this thread

1. I never ever give up on my Bruins. They are my team and I will always believe that they can win despite any setbacks or disadvantages.

2. After the Red Sox any 2004, every Boston fan should know that anything is possible. But unfortunately I can understand the whole giving up thing. I gave up on the Red Sox then, but Dave Roberts gave then the spark they needed.

3. There is always room on the Bruins band-wagon, kindof like jello. Only our band wagon is much cooler than jello.

4. Why are we fighting about how much of a fan we are? Cant we just enjoy the ride? Comeon its game 7 to go to the conference finals.......Ya wanna go??

cobrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 10:39 AM
usual suspects

I'll never stop cheering for this team but I certainly was very much down on them, I won't deny that.

now complete the comeback and win game 7

usual suspects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 10:56 AM
RustyBruins72

In the "I still believe" thread my words were.......

"I still have hope but my head says bruins lose game 5 in double OT."

So if i have to "jump back on the bandwagon" then so be it.

RustyBruins72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 11:02 AM
hawgs38

Send a message via MSN to hawgs38
The ONLY guy I want a piece of is the tool that wrote the letter to the editor in the Globe saying he was so disgusted he was going to give away the Bruins jersey his son gave him (that he doesn't wear) if the B's don't win the cup.

THAT is the guy I want...I even posted a comment to him offering to buy him a jersey of the NHL team of his choice to get him started on his new fandom!! I want his jersey, I want to get the team to autograph it, and I want to raffle it off for Right to Play!

Fans have every right to be frustrated when the team isn't playing well (despite how realistic expectations might be)...but what I hate are the people who have to beat down other fans with their frustrations. But the "ahh ha I told you they would fail" fans (and you know they are out there waiting to pounce) are the ones that frustrate me more than anything!

We aren't out of the woods yet, and I know this team put themselves behind the 8 ball by playing poorly gms 2, 3, and 4...but I admire their tenacity as they have fought to get the series even and have never lost faith and I know I wasn't the only one who more than HOPED they would win, but BELIEVED they would win!!

hawgs38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 11:10 AM
hoss75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenBanks56 View Post
I dont think anyone left the bandwagon. .
I think plenty of people left the band wagon, just none here on this board or at the game on Friday. Don't forget it is Boston, home of the warm weather fan. But at the end of the day....who cares. They can take their band wagon and drive it off a cliff.
I hate band wagon fans because they take that attitude into other aspects of their lives... if things are going good they are all over it, but if they hit a few bumps they abandon it... being firendships, relationships, work, whatever.
Real fans are the same way, in that they take it into other aspects of their lives. The guy that cheers for his team when they are at the bottom is the friend that will bail you out of jail at 3 am.

Having doubts is different, however. You can have doubts that your underdeveloped kid is going to win his game against a man-child. But you still go to the game and support him, and are pumped if he wins and dissapointed if he loses.

Last edited by hoss75: 05-13-2009 at 11:15 AM.
hoss75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 11:14 AM
BoyntBergie

Who gives a ****? Most people with half a brain were down on them, they were zombified for the majority of the games leading up to 5.

Just because some of us weren't organizing a pep rally after 5th period doesn't make us any less of fans.

This post is horrid.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 11:21 AM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

This is the last I'm saying in this thread. This is an UGLY UGLY thread. And the OP is entirely off base.
There were people who said that they would still consider it a successful season even if the Bruins lost Game 5/6. That doesnt mean they don't support their team. It means they are content in thinking this team is still growing and improving. Indeed some posters turned their eyes to next season, anticipating the possible improvements this year. Some posters felt that perhaps Carolina was the better team a few nights ago--quite frankly, the way were playing, they were. It does not mean those people don't support their team--absolutely NOT. It means they accept the fact that this team is growing and maturing (admit to me that there is a lot of youth on this roster). Content in success and improvement over last year is a very mature attitude.

The OP needs to consider reading between the lines of certain posts and maybe digesting them a little more thoughtfully and smart.
In your little basement of a world, you just go on shakin your friggin pom poms. The rest of us will watch this team and be satisfied with hard work and solid play.

Kovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Waltah*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazartp View Post
Well, we stayed here through Lewis' stint which was pure lifetime dose of depression condensed into one season. Losses in the playoffs are heartbreaking, but nowhere near the feeling of knowing that your team sucks and is going to suck.
gawd that was awful. anyone who went through the DL season should be rewarded with at least 1 cup win.

Waltah* is offline   Reply With Quote