HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who do you think will be our 6th D in the playoffs?

View Poll Results: Who will it be?
Stephane Quintal 9 19.57%
Francis Bouillon 13 28.26%
Mike Komisarek 16 34.78%
Enough of this debate you jerk. 8 17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2004, 04:06 PM
TroyM

vCash: 500
Who do you think will be sitting in the playoffs?

I'm not sure what I'd do with Quintal/Bouillon/Komisarek.. Komi played amazing with Souray, he can throw big hits (Elias can back me up) and recently his first pass has been great but he IS a rookie and that could be hurtful in the playoffs.

Bouillon is small and it shows against the big forwards of the league, but he is 28 and knows how to play the simple game. He can throw hits quite well too but the lack of size and reach could be bad.

Quintal is slow, and makes the occasional mistake, but he is a vet who has played most of his career here and is probably on his last legs. He plays with emotion and is a fairly solid player both in strength and smarts, but he is nothing great, unfortunately.

I'm bored, but damn, what to do? Not that it's a bad problem to have of course.

Last edited by TroyM: 03-22-2004 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Argh, messed up the title obviously...
Old
03-22-2004, 04:19 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
I'm not sure what I'd do with Quintal/Bouillon/Komisarek.. Komi played amazing with Souray, he can throw big hits (Elias can back me up) and recently his first pass has been great but he IS a rookie and that could be hurtful in the playoffs.

Bouillon is small and it shows against the big forwards of the league, but he is 28 and knows how to play the simple game. He can throw hits quite well too but the lack of size and reach could be bad.

Quintal is slow, and makes the occasional mistake, but he is a vet who has played most of his career here and is probably on his last legs. He plays with emotion and is a fairly solid player both in strength and smarts, but he is nothing great, unfortunately.

I'm bored, but damn, what to do? Not that it's a bad problem to have of course.

Enough of this debate you jerk.

Thats the greatest option i have ever seen

Old
03-22-2004, 04:19 PM
Minos

I like what Bouillon has done this season so I think he's definitely earned the right to at least start the play-offs as the 6th man. He throws his weight around well so in that respect his size isn't an issue although he can't contain forwards with size (and we're sure to see some not matter who we play against - Thornton, Sundin, Primeau, among many others). He's proven he's a smart player who keeps things simple and does all the little things well...he's not great, but he's someone you can count on to be reliable.

What would I do? Dress an extra D in all games to be safe....give the bulk of the extra ice time to Bouillon at home when Julien has his choice of line match up, and on the road give the extra ice time to Quintal (experience) or Komisarek (size) - if he finishes the season *strong*.

Old
03-22-2004, 04:22 PM
tinyzombies

I agree with Minos, it depends who we play. I want Bouillon in there for sure tho, he's been awesome lately.

Souray-Komisarek (has looked good to me, let's keep it)
Markov-Rivet
Bouillon-Brisebois

The number 6 is technically Komisarek and the #5 is Bouillon, but the pairs are mixed for balance. This is what I would like to see, especially if Komisarek can improve his game a little more before the playoffs and eliminate the turnovers (which he has done lately very well).

Go Habs Go!

Old
03-22-2004, 04:25 PM
TroyM

Heh, thanks Mooch, apparently some others agree

Or they just think I'm a jerk, but really, what are the odds of that

Old
03-22-2004, 05:00 PM
Duff88

It's rather confusing :

The thread topic is Who do you think will be our 6th D in the playoffs?

The title of your post is Who do you think will be sitting in the playoffs?

And the question of the poll is Who is it?

I voted Bouillon but I meant the guy who deserve to be in there, but I'm quite confused now.

Old
03-22-2004, 05:19 PM
TroyM

I know, I messed up the title

It's supposed to be, who is going to be sitting, but I suppose the vote isn't accurate at all cause of the mistake... oh well, polls are fun anyway :p

Old
03-22-2004, 05:29 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
I know, I messed up the title

It's supposed to be, who is going to be sitting, but I suppose the vote isn't accurate at all cause of the mistake... oh well, polls are fun anyway :p
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
end this debate you jerk!!!!

signed

stephane quintal

lol....

hey should delete it and start a new one ,and ask the question that you really want answered..
all the best

Old
03-22-2004, 05:47 PM
Rectificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
end this debate you jerk!!!!

signed

stephane quintal

lol....

hey should delete it and start a new one ,and ask the question that you really want answered..
all the best
Quintal trail a piano

Old
03-22-2004, 06:01 PM
BBR

They said on rds that brisbois is not getting better
and might be out four the playoff first roud.

Old
03-22-2004, 08:00 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

The only problem with this debate is that whoever plays the best out of the 3 leading up to the playoffs (in CJ's mind) will be number 5, and the other two will probably split the number 6 role depending on team matchups. So, I guess it's so up in the air right now that any of the 3 could end up being #6. I can't believe we still have 1.6M Mr. Dykhuis kicking around to make this even more annoying to juggle. Whoa, am I complaining about depth? <SMACK!> <SMACK!>

Closed Thread