HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

get the wings a power forward

Old
05-21-2009, 04:59 AM
sparr0w

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adityase View Post
Totally agree that Shanny wasn't the final piece. In fact, I don't think I said that. And yeah we had those other guys (don't think Pushor was on the 97 team) but McCarty and Lapointe weren't scoring line guys yet and Shanahan did totally change the confidence level of the team when it came to physical intimidation. I think it should be remembered that Shanny came a few days into a season where our last playoff series was the one where Draper's face got rearranged.
That last statement was a general statement regarding Shanny, hence the "gets touted". That's plural.

Mac played with Stevie and Lapointe split time with Fedorov and Larionov. They were every bit as much scoring line players as say Cleary/Samuelsson are now. 2nd/3rd line tweeners.

Shanny didn't change the physical intimidation factor of the team considering there were tougher and more intimidating players already on the roster. Yeah, Primeau was a giant baby so swapping the two was awesome, but the addition by subtraction was every bit as important as adding Shanny. Don't forget that Scotty still added Joey Kocur late in the year.

sparr0w is offline   Reply With Quote