HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Laraque injured? Really? (just for fun)

Old
05-13-2009, 09:28 PM
yoteshot
Lazy Habs fan

vCash: 500
Laraque injured? Really? (just for fun)

I have been disappointed this year by Laraque's play, but his interview at the end of the playoffs made my respect towards him go through the roof. I just tuned in to RDS and this video was on:

http://www.rds.ca/video/visionneuse....=1&video=29109

Really seems like a good guy from what I see from him outside the ice. Funny too.

yoteshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 09:41 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteshot View Post
I have been disappointed this year by Laraque's play, but his interview at the end of the playoffs made my respect towards him go through the roof. I just tuned in to RDS and this video was on:

http://www.rds.ca/video/visionneuse....=1&video=29109

Really seems like a good guy from what I see from him outside the ice. Funny too.
Honestly, I was pretty disappointed with him. My bad.
I think he could be more useful next year providing he remains injury free. A back can get better but usually take more time to heal .I'll give him this one. I believe that he can chip in at least 10 goals. Him not scoring this year was the very first time he went a season without scoring one goal. I guess 10 would be to much but hey he could score 1 or 2 key goal. I wish him the best cause he did sign here.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 09:55 PM
peperebougon*

I love when he smiles while entering a fight He can play some hockey too when he gets the chance. He protects the puck well. He will never takes a dumb penalty and is arguably the best fighter in the NHL... He is great for the community and is good/funny with the media.

People complain about what he does not do but would complain about the same things if he did them. A good way to spot a Laraque hater poster is this: they will never take into consideration he wasn't healthy almost all year...check it out. It has been mentioned thousands of times but they still don't wanna hear.

I am a fan and I am happy he is here.

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 10:02 PM
yoteshot
Lazy Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by peperebougon View Post
I love when he smiles while entering a fight He can play some hockey too when he gets the chance. He protects the puck well. He will never takes a dumb penalty and is arguably the best fighter in the NHL... He is great for the community and is good/funny with the media.

People complain about what he does not do but would complain about the same things if he did them. A good way to spot a Laraque hater poster is this: they will never take into consideration he wasn't healthy almost all year...check it out. It has been mentioned thousands of times but they still don't wanna hear.

I am a fan and I am happy he is here.

He smiles and tells good luck to the other guy. He doesn't fight to injure, he fights to change the momentum of a game.

yoteshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Fire Brunet*

Wow his legs are huge

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Rgolt

everyone remember....georges laraque will at the bialik high school bazaar THIS sunday, the bazaar is from 9am-5pm and georges will be there from 1-230........bialik high school, 6500 kildare (cote st-luc)

hope to see u guys there

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 07:23 AM
Pax Macioretty

and BTW, you don't injure or re-injure backs by carrying a 160 pound person a couple of meters, especially when you have legs as big as he does, so please get that off your head.

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 07:36 AM
Caseofcups*

Laraque gained my full respect in the interview he gave to RDS where he says that players have no right to complain about pressure playing in MTL. He said that the real pressure in life is being felt by the average joe supporting a family and trying to make ends meet and not by hockey players making millions of dollars and biatching about the media and fans etc.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/274582.html

Caseofcups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 08:47 AM
albertabound

I think BGL is phony he says things that he knows is what the Montreal fans what to hear he is and under average player he needs to learn hockey skills and power skating he is slower than molasses.

albertabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifi View Post
I think BGL is phony he says things that he knows is what the Montreal fans what to hear he is and under average player he needs to learn hockey skills and power skating he is slower than molasses.
A phony?

Why don't you try putting players like brad May and Josh Gratton on their butts in 4 sec flat, or put fear in the eyes of players like Donald brashear and Chris Neil. Dude, get a life.

edit: says the guy who called himslef fifi...

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 11:54 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
A phony?

Why don't you try putting players like brad May and Josh Gratton on their butts in 4 sec flat, or put fear in the eyes of players like Donald brashear and Chris Neil. Dude, get a life.

edit: says the guy who called himslef fifi...
ouch.... dude you got owned....

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 12:33 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek View Post
Wow his legs are huge
How can he skate with such big tighs ? No wonder he is so slow.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote