HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

think you could do better than "X" in sportsTV? Here is your chance

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-13-2009, 10:55 PM
  #1
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
think you could do better than "X" in sportsTV? Here is your chance

show em what ya got . Good luck

www.drafted.ca

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 11:05 PM
  #2
overlords
#BargainBanned
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 26,529
vCash: 500
they do not seem to be 'drafting' in quebec. Racist ********

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 03:34 PM
  #3
4Beliveau
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
they do not seem to be 'drafting' in quebec. Racist ********
Many contests don't run in Quebec because there are different rules for running contests in the province. This is overseen by an organization known as the Regie. I can't remember all the specifics but the Regie basically makes the process of trying to run a contest in Quebec more difficult and expensive than in the other provinces.

Just guessing this is what is happening here.

4Beliveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 03:41 PM
  #4
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,827
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
I seriously tought about it then I forgot how bad my english is ... Unless having a sportscaster with an accent like this is good enough:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_w4MV_LwMw

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 04:27 PM
  #5
Pr3Va1L
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goman View Post
Many contests don't run in Quebec because there are different rules for running contests in the province. This is overseen by an organization known as the Regie. I can't remember all the specifics but the Regie basically makes the process of trying to run a contest in Quebec more difficult and expensive than in the other provinces.

Just guessing this is what is happening here.

The rule is actually just about language I believe...

They could have translated the rules and made it possible for quebeckers to participate...
They most likely didn't see the point.

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 05:09 PM
  #6
4Beliveau
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L View Post
The rule is actually just about language I believe...

They could have translated the rules and made it possible for quebeckers to participate...
They most likely didn't see the point.
If it was about language it surely wouldn't have been because they didn't want to translate the rules. There are many translation services that do this sort of thing for cheap.

4Beliveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 05:21 PM
  #7
Franky Gee
Registered User
 
Franky Gee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Martinique
Posts: 573
vCash: 500
The problem is that the contest organizer must pay something between 0,5% and 10% (depending on the size of the contest) of the prize value to the RACJ (régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux). That's why it's not interesting for them to hold contests in Québec.

Franky Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.