HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What Do You Think Of GMGM Now?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2013, 02:53 PM
  #376
Ovechkins Wodka
Registered User
 
Ovechkins Wodka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: DC
Posts: 4,380
vCash: 500
Noovy has more value as our backup then shipping him out for 3rd rounder.

he should atleast net a 1st. He was a 1st rounder and developed into NHL goalie.

Ovechkins Wodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:56 PM
  #377
Atlas
Registered User
 
Atlas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 3,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
Noovy has more value as our backup then shipping him out for 3rd rounder.

he should atleast net a 1st. He was a 1st rounder and developed into NHL goalie.

The Noovster was a high 2nd rounder. Varly was our first rounder that year.

I like Noovy the man, but not Noovy as our goalie.

Atlas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 03:15 PM
  #378
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 19,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
Noovy has more value as our backup then shipping him out for 3rd rounder.

he should atleast net a 1st. He was a 1st rounder and developed into NHL goalie.
He was a second rounder, and a 3rd for a backup goalie is fantastic trade value. They're probably the most fungible asset in the sport.

I'd be shocked if anyone traded a 1st for him.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 03:21 PM
  #379
Ovechkins Wodka
Registered User
 
Ovechkins Wodka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: DC
Posts: 4,380
vCash: 500
If hes traded I highly doubt he would be the backup on his new team.
If traded as Backup i guess 2nd/3rd value is fine.

Ovechkins Wodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 03:23 PM
  #380
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
NBTW, let's imagine Neuvirth was "tougher" and decided to play in the games he's missed. He goes out there sick/hurt and epically ***** the bed. It comes to light later that he was sick. What do you really think you would be saying then? The story would be that he's selfish, ****ed over the team because he didn't want to lose out on a start, etc. I am and have been in favor of trading him, but these complaints about his toughness are nonsense, never mind the suggestions that he's been faking.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 03:33 PM
  #381
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 19,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
NBTW, let's imagine Neuvirth was "tougher" and decided to play in the games he's missed. He goes out there sick/hurt and epically ***** the bed. It comes to light later that he was sick. What do you really think you would be saying then? The story would be that he's selfish, ****ed over the team because he didn't want to lose out on a start, etc. I am and have been in favor of trading him, but these complaints about his toughness are nonsense, never mind the suggestions that he's been faking.
No, I think the story would be that he was sick, but was enough of a competitor to try to play through it.

I assume you've been in a relatively competitive team atmosphere, right? How would you feel if a guy kept calling in sick when it was his turn to step up?

Little things like that are what develop locker room atmosphere and reputations. No one on the team would be upset with him if he tried to gut it out and couldn't perform.

And I haven't seen the stuff about him faking it. Where's that coming from?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 03:47 PM
  #382
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
And I haven't seen the stuff about him faking it. Where's that coming from?
Just idle speculation here on the boards, not even widespread.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:07 PM
  #383
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
No, I think the story would be that he was sick, but was enough of a competitor to try to play through it.

I assume you've been in a relatively competitive team atmosphere, right? How would you feel if a guy kept calling in sick when it was his turn to step up?

Little things like that are what develop locker room atmosphere and reputations. No one on the team would be upset with him if he tried to gut it out and couldn't perform.

And I haven't seen the stuff about him faking it. Where's that coming from?
Ref9 exclusively, I guess. We both know I'm right about what the reaction would be though. He costs the team a game, and you think people here are going to be giving him a pat on the back? Come on.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:16 PM
  #384
tycoonheart
Registered User
 
tycoonheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,292
vCash: 500
People act so level-headed right now. But had we lost with a sick Noovy, people would be up in arms over it.

"FIRE THE COACHES! WHO THE HELL PLAYS A SICK GOALIE?!?"

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:18 PM
  #385
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
People act so level-headed right now. But had we lost with a sick Noovy, people would be up in arms over it.

"FIRE THE COACHES! WHO THE HELL PLAYS A SICK GOALIE?!?"
Yup. It wouldn't be directed at the coaches though. Neuvirth lied to them for his own benefit, totally not a team player, Tarik was right (it would apply there too), etc.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:21 PM
  #386
Atlas
Registered User
 
Atlas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 3,252
vCash: 500
The chances that Noovy is faking an injury or sickness to avoid playing the game he has loved all his life are extremely low. It makes no sense.

The only possible thing I can think of is the NHLPA is superpissed and blacklisting him. Even there, he's a man—I don't think he'd fold.

Atlas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:48 PM
  #387
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
The only possible thing I can think of is the NHLPA is superpissed and blacklisting him. Even there, he's a man—I don't think he'd fold.
This is actually even less plausible.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:40 PM
  #388
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 19,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
Ref9 exclusively, I guess. We both know I'm right about what the reaction would be though. He costs the team a game, and you think people here are going to be giving him a pat on the back? Come on.
I think some will, sure.

And I don't think it matters what people here think.

Teammates would definitely be giving him a pat on the back. Your favorite player played through a broken foot in 2009, and his teammates loved him for it.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:44 PM
  #389
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,900
vCash: 500
Grubauer sent back to Hershey, so Neuvirth is probably ok after all. That or OMGZ LUONGO!!!

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:04 PM
  #390
BTCG
Registered User
 
BTCG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
NBTW, let's imagine Neuvirth was "tougher" and decided to play in the games he's missed. He goes out there sick/hurt and epically ***** the bed. It comes to light later that he was sick. What do you really think you would be saying then? The story would be that he's selfish, ****ed over the team because he didn't want to lose out on a start, etc. I am and have been in favor of trading him, but these complaints about his toughness are nonsense, never mind the suggestions that he's been faking.
Hey bro.... 2 names for ya: Gerhig, and whats his name, the Oriole. Oh yeah, Cal R



Sorry, the oriole memory lapse was for KSD: continuation of an old joke.

BTCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:10 PM
  #391
Ovechkins Wodka
Registered User
 
Ovechkins Wodka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: DC
Posts: 4,380
vCash: 500
no more B2B games this year. Noovy prolly done for the season unless injury.

Ovechkins Wodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:12 PM
  #392
Capitlols
Registered User
 
Capitlols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
no more B2B games this year. Noovy prolly done for the season unless injury.
This Saturday and Sunday.

Capitlols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:13 PM
  #393
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
no more B2B games this year. Noovy prolly done for the season unless injury.
Or trade

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:38 PM
  #394
Ovechkins Wodka
Registered User
 
Ovechkins Wodka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: DC
Posts: 4,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
This Saturday and Sunday.
i missed that, he prolly gets a headache for that start.

Ovechkins Wodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:50 PM
  #395
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
Ref9 exclusively, I guess. We both know I'm right about what the reaction would be though. He costs the team a game, and you think people here are going to be giving him a pat on the back? Come on.
Never said that. You need to check post #161 in the Flyers GDT thread. I responded to BRS's post suggesting that I was thinking Neuvy was faking it and my response was as follows: "I don't think he's faking it, I think he's a priss, he's not tough enough (both mentally and physically) and as such he's convinced himself that he should not play."

What prompted my exchanges with BRS was that I mentioned that Glenn Hall had played in 502 consecutive games in the NHL and I'm sure there were games that he was not his best either physically or mentally, but he was a professional and played them just the same. I guess that's why Hall is in the HOF and has the nickname Mr. Hockey. Neuvy won't have to worry about ever being confused with Glenn Hall though.

The other thing I noted that no one would have said or noted a thing if this had been a one time affair with him not being game ready, but it's not. I believe that this was the third time this season that the "back-up" goalie was not physically able to play in goal (I think it's the second time against the Flyers). To me that's now a pattern.


Last edited by BiPolar Caps: 04-01-2013 at 09:57 PM.
BiPolar Caps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:57 PM
  #396
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
i missed that, he prolly gets a headache for that start.
Menstrual cramps for sure.

BiPolar Caps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:29 AM
  #397
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 41,716
vCash: 500
question: many here wish mcphee were like holmgren and the flyers. many to most here want the caps to sell off and tank. by all appearances the flyers are going to buy big at the deadline while being behind the caps in the standings.

the question is obvious. are the flyers nuts for buying or do you want the caps to be aggressive like the flyers except when you dont?

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:37 AM
  #398
msrulo
Registered User
 
msrulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 류경6
Country: North Korea
Posts: 2,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
question: many here wish mcphee were like holmgren and the flyers. many to most here want the caps to sell off and tank. by all appearances the flyers are going to buy big at the deadline while being behind the caps in the standings.

the question is obvious. are the flyers nuts for buying or do you want the caps to be aggressive like the flyers except when you dont?
The Caps need to be aggressive in the trade deadline. Even top teams are aggressive like Pittsburgh, San Jose, L.A... It's a consistent pattern by McPhee to do nothing. He thinks he has a team but in truth half of it is full of garbage.

Sell now McPhee before your assets turn to zilch.

msrulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:49 AM
  #399
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by msrulo View Post
The Caps need to be aggressive in the trade deadline. Even top teams are aggressive like Pittsburgh, San Jose, L.A... It's a consistent pattern by McPhee to do nothing. He thinks he has a team but in truth half of it is full of garbage.

Sell now McPhee before your assets turn to zilch.
Have to disagree.

Caps have underachieved a bit this year but there are plenty of reasons for that. They are a better team than their record indicates and will be a dangerous team should they make the playoffs.

We have a better roster than last year and even then we knocked out the #2 seed and were 1 win away from the ECF.

I understand frustrations but to think this team is "full of garbage" is misguided IMO.

Seems this year its going to be very expensive to be buyers so I'd rather we hold onto prime assets (Kuz/FF/Wilson/1st round pick).

We have a good shot in the playoffs if we make it and in order to maximize our chances we shouldn't sell off any essential parts (pretty much everyone but 55)

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:08 AM
  #400
g00n
abides
 
g00n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
question: many here wish mcphee were like holmgren and the flyers. many to most here want the caps to sell off and tank. by all appearances the flyers are going to buy big at the deadline while being behind the caps in the standings.

the question is obvious. are the flyers nuts for buying or do you want the caps to be aggressive like the flyers except when you dont?
Typical management defender false dilemma: either you support management or you're advocating (insert horror story from some other team here as though it's the only other outcome).

g00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.