HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Dallas at Edmonton, March 24

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2004, 10:52 AM
PineJockey

vCash: 500
Just gotta win baby!

Old
03-23-2004, 11:00 AM
Bohologo

Now is good time to put the boots to Dallas: they're limping and the Oilers are rolling. It's good for the standings, and it's good for team confidence-it's time to start beating the Stars regularly.

I'm still unsure that the Oilers will make the dance, but it appears that all my doom and gloom was just plain silly. Even if they miss, I'm impressed with the effort.

Old
03-23-2004, 11:19 AM
OYLer

Just get the facts right please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
If you're talking about 'They Live', I believe it was Roddy Piper who said that. Richard Dean Anderson wasn't anywhere near that movie.
Hey Nemo twelve stepper, catch a whiff of blood in the water didya' ? What with H-bear correcting poor posters for their/there confusion, I'd say us diehards is still a little playoff intense!

Old
03-23-2004, 11:45 AM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

To continue my little superstition thing, I will not post a prediction...rather, I will create a post that states that I will not post a prediction. So here is my post.

Go Oilers!

Old
03-23-2004, 12:23 PM
hossy316

Send a message via MSN to hossy316
Nothing better to do boys, may as well win the rest of them, make the payoffs , and win their last game for this year!!!

Old
03-23-2004, 12:30 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
Hey Nemo twelve stepper, catch a whiff of blood in the water didya' ? What with H-bear correcting poor posters for their/there confusion, I'd say us diehards is still a little playoff intense!
What can I say, I'm not changing my underwear until the Oilers lose...I'm gettin' antsy.

Is there going to be anything LEFT of us or the Oilers if they actually manage to make it?

Old
03-23-2004, 12:42 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Trojans
To continue my little superstition thing, I will not post a prediction...rather, I will create a post that states that I will not post a prediction. So here is my post.

Go Oilers!
Nicely put.

Old
03-23-2004, 12:47 PM
hossy316

Send a message via MSN to hossy316
Quote:
What can I say, I'm not changing my underwear until the Oilers lose...I'm gettin' antsy.

Is there going to be anything LEFT of us or the Oilers if they actually manage to make it?

I think so. This year we have more depth than we ever have had going into the playoffs. MacT has inserted guys in and out of the lineup over the last few games, depending on what type of team we are playing. I think we will have lots left because we are a young team and are flying high on adrenaline right now.

I would also love to see a match-up with the Wings as I believe that we match up well with them and we seem to always play well against the Wings. They are an old team and the Oilers big forwards can wear them down through a long series and that could create injuries to guys that are already ailing like Hatcher, Lang, Draper, and even Yzerman.

I definately BELIEVE Baby!!!!!!!!! Hell, let's catch the damn Flames!!!

Old
03-23-2004, 12:49 PM
Obsessed

Are the Stars missing Zubov? Anyways. The Oil looked tired yesterday. They can come home and get that extra boost from the frenzied E-Town crowd. Again...
I BELIEVE!!

3 wins it..

Smyth, Nedved(2)

GO OILERS GO!!

Old
03-23-2004, 01:02 PM
barto

Quote:

Or of your underwear???!!?

Old
03-23-2004, 01:15 PM
Cowboy

Send a message via MSN to Cowboy Send a message via Yahoo to Cowboy
Quote:

Of course there is. Everybody has been taking nights off. For example, against Nashville we didn't have a goalie, against San Jose we didn't have any forwards. Plus MacT has been inserting guys in and out fairly well, and we have a couple extra D that can be put in and will be in the last couple of games if we have the luxury.

All kidding aside, Oilers will win, I don't know the score, but I BELIEVE !!!

Old
03-23-2004, 01:25 PM
mandeep

OILERS WILL WIN 3-1 Goals by Moreau, Smyth,Horcoff and Brendan moreau for Stars. TY with another big win! Is he starting? and I BELIEVE

Old
03-23-2004, 02:13 PM
RaoulDuke

I expect this to be a playoff game in every way. The fans will be crazy...the Oil will come out flying...and Dallas will attempt to weather the early storm and capitalize on a mistake, just like we've seen in the playoffs so many years now.

The key is to actually get the first goal, and to have solid goaltending.

6 in a row? Why not?

Oil 3 - Stars 2 (OT)
Laraque, Brew, Dvo (winner)
Arnott, Corson

Old
03-23-2004, 02:27 PM
metallicat
@metallicat51

Rexall Place is being invaded tonight by Metallica! WHOOO! Anyone else going?

Old
03-23-2004, 03:25 PM
Oilers Ent

Send a message via MSN to Oilers Ent
Dallas has a way of always deflating us. As much as I hate to say it - i see us losing this one 4 to 1.

Please let me be wrong.

Old
03-23-2004, 04:01 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

The Stars own the Oilers,

I don't see it changing anytime soon

Stars 5 - Oilers 0

Old
03-23-2004, 04:20 PM
misfit

I really hope we win this one, because I don't think we'll be able to do it on the 31st when we play them in Dallas the day after playing St. Louis.

Old
03-23-2004, 04:21 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
The Stars own the Oilers,

I don't see it changing anytime soon

Stars 5 - Oilers 0
First off, it looks like Zubov, Numinen, Erskine and Young will be out of the lineup for the Stars. Secondly, Edmonton is 1-1 against Dallas so far this year with a 3-0 victory and a 5-4 loss. If my memory serves me correctly, we outplayed Dallas pretty badly in the loss but backed down at the end. With the way we've been playing of late and the loss of Zubov, I'm pretty confident with our chances. Zubov has always been one of the two main guys (and Modano) who scares me out there..

Old
03-23-2004, 04:58 PM
BLONG7

I hope the Oilers beat Dalla$ and make it to the playoffs!!! Good luck guys... all 6 Canadian teams in the show!!!

Old
03-23-2004, 05:04 PM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
First off, it looks like Zubov, Numinen, Erskine and Young will be out of the lineup for the Stars. Secondly, Edmonton is 1-1 against Dallas so far this year with a 3-0 victory and a 5-4 loss. If my memory serves me correctly, we outplayed Dallas pretty badly in the loss but backed down at the end. With the way we've been playing of late and the loss of Zubov, I'm pretty confident with our chances. Zubov has always been one of the two main guys (and Modano) who scares me out there..
Belfour and Modano are the two that always have scared me. Hatcher and Zubov have always been hell to the Oilers as well. Now with just one of those four left, I don't think it's fair to say that Dallas has owned us, ecspecially when you look at it just from this season like Cerebral pointed out. I think we'll take this game at home in a real hard hitting, fast skating affair.

I'll guess a low scoring affair and say 2-1 Edmonton with goals from Torres and Laraque(I guessed those two last time as well, so maybe they'll redeem me this time around).

I think in Dallas we'll manage to fight them off enough and manage a tie from mostly luck. They'll be tired, and the Stars will be hungry after losing the last one, but streaks can do odd things for a team, and I can see some Star posts and some lucky bounces for the Oilers.

Old
03-23-2004, 05:07 PM
Malmo_Mike

I can't help but feel a little bit nervous going into this. At the risk of being lynched I'm going to predict a 3-2 win for Dallas in OT. Morrow screws us over with the winner.

Old
03-23-2004, 05:30 PM
misfit

I'm predicting Horcoff gets a goal, and Oates gets a point somehow.

Old
03-23-2004, 05:50 PM
Oilhitch

Oates has been playing good hockey lately. I wouldn't be surprised if he get a couple points next game. Assists of course

Old
03-23-2004, 06:10 PM
Superfluous U

Quote:
If you're talking about 'They Live', I believe it was Roddy Piper who said that. Richard Dean Anderson wasn't anywhere near that movie.
Damn. I was picky AND wrong! Well, he looked like MacGyver

Old
03-23-2004, 07:35 PM
Loweball

Rooks Oiler said this game was on TSN...my TV guide says Buffalo at Montreal...has this changed? I pray it's on!!!!

Closed Thread