HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

Offseason - how does the organization go?

Old
08-14-2009, 08:13 PM
caliamad

vCash: 500
I can't remember the last time I was this excited to see how players compete in camp... people will be fighting for ice time like mad.

Reading Murray's comments on R2, I wouldn't be surprised if plays some top6 minutes part time. He'll have to improve his defensive play, but if he does, he could easily to a nice addition on the Perry Getzalf line and give some balance to the Koivu selanne.

Guys like Carter, R2, Nokia, Ebbett, Christense will have to push themselves to get those delicious top 6 spots.

The 4th line guys will have to bring physical and responsible play to stay in the line up.

I'm a little worried given that we won't have a premier shutdown line anymore, but I'm willing to give this new style of play a chance. I think at this point, RC has no choice but to give that style a chance too.

This clearly means Rob isn't coming back. I can't see us making any more transactions either.

caliamad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 08:32 PM
JS19
Pls Sharks win

I've gotta say, Bob Murray changed the entire outlook of the team in a positive way. He relieved the pressure off of the Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry line by adding both Koivu and Lupul. Though that meant shipping Pronger out, at least the team is younger and took Philly from it's 1st round picks. I can say that this team is poised to upset more teams in the playoffs...Expect another disappointing campaign in the playoffs Sharks Fans, and possibly Detroit (seeing how they lost some core players).

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 01:03 AM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
I've gotta say, Bob Murray changed the entire outlook of the team in a positive way. He relieved the pressure off of the Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry line by adding both Koivu and Lupul. Though that meant shipping Pronger out, at least the team is younger and took Philly from it's 1st round picks. I can say that this team is poised to upset more teams in the playoffs...Expect another disappointing campaign in the playoffs Sharks Fans, and possibly Detroit (seeing how they lost some core players).
I will agree to this post when our defence has been proven.. i'm not on the boat that our defence is now terrible, but i'm a little skeptic about it.. hopefully the youngsters will prove themselves and we will indeed have a great team and hopefully have a deep playoff run

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 03:58 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

I should also point out (if I haven't already) that the acquisition of Lupul marks a return to the days of picking up guys I hate during the offseason. Given what happened last year, it can only be a good thing.

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 03:00 PM
JS19
Pls Sharks win

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
I will agree to this post when our defence has been proven.. i'm not on the boat that our defence is now terrible, but i'm a little skeptic about it.. hopefully the youngsters will prove themselves and we will indeed have a great team and hopefully have a deep playoff run
While the Defense hasn't been proven yet, It's safe to say that on paper this team looks a lot more improved than last year. Besides on the defensive side, this team reminds me of the Pens (Penguins relied on Gonchar pretty much the entire playoffs), The Ducks will depend on Niedermayer to be successful. Having Nieds for veteran leadership could help the youngsters be more successful.

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 11:22 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

http://ducks.freedomblogging.com/200...s-ducks/17499/

NBC and Versus are big Ducks fans. They will show a grand total of ZERO Ducks games nationally.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2009, 12:37 AM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
http://ducks.freedomblogging.com/200...s-ducks/17499/

NBC and Versus are big Ducks fans. They will show a grand total of ZERO Ducks games nationally.
Wow that is just stupid.. sometiems its ridiculous how little coverage the ducks get.. i could jsut imagine if this team was in canada, how people would rate getzlaf and other ducks players instead of the way they thing of them now
plus we probalby wouldnt have an internal salary lol

Old
08-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Bleak

I live in Canada and I try and promote Getzlaf / Ryan. People are like, "They are nothing compared to Iggy and Dion/Jbo ASDFASDAGHWEGV!" Hehe, it happens. That's why us fans have to do something about it!

Bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2009, 10:54 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Well at least TSN gives us some appreciation. 3 games.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2009, 10:57 AM
hockeydemon05

Send a message via AIM to hockeydemon05
Sweet, I don't have to worry about finding at TV with Versus while I'm at college

But, really it sucks and makes no sense given the success the Ducks have had.

hockeydemon05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2009, 11:14 AM
kenabnrmal

Sadly, large businesses like these tv networks aren't in the business of rewarding sucessful teams with air time. They're in the business of making money through advertising revenue. When the Southern California market becomes more hockey-centric, you'll see more Ducks games.

The versus games were a pain for me, I'm pretty pleased. I do see how it stinks for folks who have versus and nbc, but don't have access to nhl center ice. I feel for them.

kenabnrmal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 08:50 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

unstickied, no longer the offseason.

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Randall Graves*

I give our off-season an A. I don't really have any major gripes with anything. Pronger had to be traded, return was great. Koivu will be a steal, R2 is going to be fun to watch and I'm a fan of Boynton and his tough style of play, he will surprise some people I think

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 10:02 PM
bumperkisser

I give our offseason B+

Old
09-27-2009, 02:11 AM
Bleak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
I give our offseason B+
Inbetween B-B+ we signed a lot of players that weren't necassary. Boyton looks terrible, as does Eminger. Sbiba and Mikkelson both outplayed them. Thought Boyton gives a veteran presence on the backend. I didn't like Eminger's play comparing to Mikkelson, I like Mikkelson as that offensive dman.

Bleak is offline   Reply With Quote