HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

I just realized...

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2004, 12:57 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

vCash: 500
I just realized...

It's very possible that Dallas could take 2nd in the conference, and equally likely that Edmonton can make 7th in the conference..

eh? eh? a month ago you would have laughed at me..

Old
03-23-2004, 01:00 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Well - if there is anything on this earth that is super-natural that you have proof to - it's certainly the Oilers/Stars rivalry - I wouldn't be terribly suprised if they did meet in the playoffs now!

Old
03-23-2004, 04:13 AM
copperaddict

I'm hoping that the Oil meet the Sharks in the first round.I wouldn't mind Dallas as long as thet played all 7 games in Edmonton

Old
03-23-2004, 04:32 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

For the Stars to end up 2nd, they probably need to win or at least go unbeaten through their final games, the same the Oilers would need to accomplish to lock the 7th spot. Which is unlikely with the two of them meeting twice more this season.

Old
03-23-2004, 05:05 AM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
For the Stars to end up 2nd, they probably need to win or at least go unbeaten through their final games, the same the Oilers would need to accomplish to lock the 7th spot. Which is unlikely with the two of them meeting twice more this season.
edmonton tied for 7th
nashville just has 1 more win with a game in hand and owns the season series

oilers in 7th not out of the question by far but locking it would be different

Last edited by Vyse64: 03-23-2004 at 05:13 AM.
Old
03-23-2004, 07:57 AM
gpearson1968

I Want Dallas

Yes, I know, we see them every frickin playoff we make, but this time it'll be different, I swear. Can you imagine this group of players after they eliminate the Stars. Then they can bring on Detroit or whatever. I want us to meet and beat the Stars, badly.....

A friend told me once that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results. I think that fits me to a T.

Cheers,
Geoff.

Old
03-23-2004, 04:36 PM
Matts

Last year

was the first time since '92 that the Oilers were in the playoffs and didn't play a team that featured Mike Keane.

How sick is that?

And the only year the Oilers missed the playoffs then so did the Stars.

But this year I just cannot see them meeting in the second season because tehy play each other twice down the stretch and unless each team gets 3 points apiece in two different OT wins, one team is gonna get the points they need to challenge SJ and that takes the points away the Oilers would need for 7th place. And if the Oilers get the points from Dallas, that drives them away from the division title.

highly unlikely but if the Oilers and Dal each win a game apiece in OT, then you can say you read it here first

Closed Thread