Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Well, that's that

Old
05-15-2009, 12:39 AM
Flint Ironstag

vCash: 500
Lack of consistent intensity killed them. Most of the players were guilty of a few half-assed plays tonight. For most of the game only Lucic, Bitz and Krejci were bringing it, and Krejci had a hand in Carolina's second goal by letting a guy blow past him unmolested.

Flint Ironstag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 12:39 AM
Savynquick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyonder01 View Post
obviously i know all of this...

but at the end of the day it was still only after that bad rebound that were we officially eliminated... and that was my fear with Thomas all along... forwards and defenceman can make mistakes in OT... but goalies cannot

i'm just really frustrated... because that was what i worried about all along and it really really stings

but like i said i know losing the series is not Thomas fault
To be fair he sucked up some crazy shots into his body and gave no rebound. And he made some saves he had no business making. Overall he was one of the 2 best goalies in the playoffs, stats point to it. But a powerplay somewhere around 11% or less....yikes (and that 11% is only from the habs series carry-over)

Savynquick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 12:40 AM
standing0

go blackhawks lol

standing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 12:46 AM
Beyonder91
Seids the Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
Beyonder, this is where we differ.

It's to easy to say that forwards and defencemen can make mistakes and goalies can't.

No one is allowed to make mistakes that can cost your team a game.

There were a few tonight.

Heck how many cough ups did you count tonight. It was just stupid how many times we coughed up or easily turned over the puck.
yes we have differing opinions

but my statement is still correct and can't be argued...

it was only after that bad rebound goal that we were officially eliminated...

Beyonder91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Habs killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingEagle85 View Post
Lack of consistent intensity killed them. Most of the players were guilty of a few half-assed plays tonight. For most of the game only Lucic, Bitz and Krejci were bringing it, and Krejci had a hand in Carolina's second goal by letting a guy blow past him unmolested.
krejci was basically caught flat footed against a rushing pikinen, worst friggen samsonov pots the goal. Damn little ruskie killed us this series.

Habs killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 12:55 AM
Savynquick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyonder01 View Post
yes we have differing opinions

but my statement is still correct and can't be argued...

it was only after that bad rebound goal that we were officially eliminated...
But you'd probably say the same thing if it had happened in 3OT. At some point the guys in front of you have to put it away for you. You're going to give up a rebound at some point. Even CW did. Difference is on CW's biggest rebounds, no black shirts anywhere...

Old
05-15-2009, 12:55 AM
DOGSTARMAN

>>Too bad the goal was a result of Thomas giving up another rebound and Wideman losing his man. Very unfortunate way to lose. Nonetheless, the Bruins were right in it till the end and you have to be happy about that

Wideman and Montador were a hand grenade without a pin tonight. It was just a matter of time before one of their constant giveaways came back to burn them. Somehow, they are going to have to figure out how to prop up that defense with some new faces. There needs to be some significant turnover on the blueline. It is there Achilles heal right now.

DOGSTARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 12:57 AM
Savynquick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye View Post

Wideman and Montador were a hand grenade without a pin tonight. It was just a matter of time before one of their constant giveaways came back to burn them. Somehow, they are going to have to figure out how to prop up that defense with some new faces. There needs to be some significant turnover on the blueline. It is there Achilles heal right now.
I think that's too easy to say with Hunwick and Ference out though. We had the best GAA of anyone during the year for a reason. But Hnidy-Montador just can't eat up those minutes.

Wideman...man I dunno. I just don't have words for how he played in game 7. For me he was the worst player and it wasn't very close.

Old
05-15-2009, 01:19 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingEagle85 View Post
Actually ryder was guilty on the Samsonov goal.

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 01:30 AM
Habs killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doakacola View Post
Actually ryder was guilty on the Samsonov goal.
very true, that should have been his man to the net, krejci did let a defender easily blow by him though. How sammy netted that, I dont know, there wasnt much space to work with on that.

Habs killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 01:42 AM
Citizen Cane
Honoring AAC/11th AF

Just coming by to say congrats on a great season and series. I'm sure it doesn't feel like it now, but the B's are a team on the uptick and a force to be reckoned with with guys by Lucic and Krejci. I'm sure your team will build on this. Good to see the Bruins a force again. Tremendous game seven - who could ask for more. Well, okay I guess you might have a different answer for that.

Good luck next year!

Citizen Cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 02:01 AM
Tim O'Reilly

piss off.

Tim O'Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 02:46 AM
Cronuss

Cronuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 07:02 AM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Cane View Post
Just coming by to say congrats on a great season and series. I'm sure it doesn't feel like it now, but the B's are a team on the uptick and a force to be reckoned with with guys by Lucic and Krejci. I'm sure your team will build on this. Good to see the Bruins a force again. Tremendous game seven - who could ask for more. Well, okay I guess you might have a different answer for that.

Good luck next year!
Wow, I feel much better!

Kindly burn in hell, thanks.

bruins309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 07:06 AM
WoodDevil

I held on until the little punk Samsonov scored in the 2nd (I don't remember him being that good when the Bruins had him).

After that, the Bruins' lack of physical intensity started to aggravate me, and I switched the channel. Heading off to bed, I heard someone shout GOAL!, but I didn't even waste my time getting it up and turning it back on.

Yeah, I know ... some fan I am. I just knew they weren't going to pull it off. Perhaps I'm psychic.

WoodDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 07:26 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savynquick View Post
But you'd probably say the same thing if it had happened in 3OT. At some point the guys in front of you have to put it away for you. You're going to give up a rebound at some point. Even CW did. Difference is on CW's biggest rebounds, no black shirts anywhere...
100% correct, He didn't control several rebounds and no Boston forward was there.

Old
05-15-2009, 07:32 AM
highwayman32

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponomega View Post
The powerplay lost this series.

But there always next year. The B's should have at least 1 or 2 more legitimate shots at the cup with this core.

Thanks for a great season Boston.
"always next year". ahhh the battlecry of Bruins fans everywhere. what a disappointing end to a pointless season. golfing in may and not even a half decent pick at the draft. thank god for the Sox, Pats and Celts.

highwayman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 07:32 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoliva View Post
we swept the habs
I am disappointed...and got home around 1 am and didn't sleep much...

BUT

Thanks Bruins ...I know you are upset but I had a blast this season.

See you in a couple of months

Ladyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 07:44 AM
Scotto74
First in line...

All in all I am CRUSHED.

But on the whole the team is heading in the right direction and it is actaully fun to be a B's fan again (Except for today)

Three years ago new management came in.

Year 1 we miss the playoffs
Year 2 we go to game 7 round 1
Year 3 we go to game 7 round 2

I see a trend here. next year i will not be happy with anything but Game 7 of the ECF.

My one major issue is why the **** did it have to be Walker........He should have had a 5 game suspension just like Brasher. I swear the Hockey Gods and the NHL just hate boston.

Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 08:11 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayman32 View Post
"always next year". ahhh the battlecry of Bruins fans everywhere. what a disappointing end to a pointless season. golfing in may and not even a half decent pick at the draft. thank god for the Sox, Pats and Celts.
Yes...

Thank God for the Red Sox, who in the 60's and 70's was a rascist organization and went almost 90 years without a championship ...

Thank God for the Pats, who were the laughingstock of the NFL for many years (ie their GM getting shocked off the stage by a faulty microphone), and have had the vast majority of their success in the last 8 years...

Thank God for the Celtics who over the last 20 years have been worse than the Bruins, but get a pass because of the glorious past...

The B's are a young team that is right on schedule in their progression, so why don't you go take a long walk off a short pier??

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 08:22 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Yes...

Thank God for the Red Sox, who in the 60's and 70's was a rascist organization and went almost 90 years without a championship ...

Thank God for the Pats, who were the laughingstock of the NFL for many years (ie their GM getting shocked off the stage by a faulty microphone), and have had the vast majority of their success in the last 8 years...

Thank God for the Celtics who over the last 20 years have been worse than the Bruins, but get a pass because of the glorious past...

The B's are a young team that is right on schedule in their progression, so why don't you go take a long walk off a short pier??
+1

Great post GloryDaze

Ladyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 08:26 AM
highwayman32

Quote:
Yes...

just frustrated thats all. all the piers here are too long.

highwayman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 08:27 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
Yes...

Classic post, says it all. People need to get off the B's are doomed BS. They have the capability of making long runs for the next 2-3 years if managed properly.

Old
05-15-2009, 08:31 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

You know, the only thing I was pissed off at last night... the ****ing boo birds coming out at the end of the damn first period.

What the hell? You want to sap the energy out of a team, boo them. You're the god damn home crowd, act like it you retreads.. it's ****ing GAME 7! Way to completely negate home ice advantage... and these same booing asshats will likely be the ones to complain about a lack of intensity from the team.

Watch your baseball, football, or basketball and leave the god damn hockey to people that have stuck by this team through the good times and bad. We appreciate it a lot more.

/rant.

This isn't aimed at anyone here by the way, less you boo'ed the team, then it is.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote