HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OFFICIAL 2009 free agent thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-02-2009, 09:24 AM
  #326
BoyntBergie
Registered User
 
BoyntBergie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Here is what is known...About 4 mil left vs. the hard cap and Kessel and Hunwick yet to sign...The past 24 hours or so we have spent 3.4 million (minimum) on Schaefer buyout, and the Begin, Boychuk and Bitz signings....Not the greatest use of cap space IMO...

Sorry about the childish behavior as sometimes it gets the better of me. My wife always says she has three kids..
No worries, my apologies for the Debbie Downer comment as well, was unnecessary.

I agree that some of what's gone on is bizarre at this point, and yes, it could end badly. But I won't worry about it until it does. Until then, I have enough faith in Chia to let his plan unfold.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 10:53 AM
  #327
flannelman
merde!
 
flannelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,508
vCash: 195
Antropov - 4yrs, 4mil per ATL

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 11:28 AM
  #328
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER
 
Greek_physique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto, Ont
Country: Greece
Posts: 18,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flannelman View Post
Antropov - 4yrs, 4mil per ATL

IMO, not worth it...but he should be a good fit in Atlanta.

Greek_physique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 12:04 PM
  #329
NHRonin
Registered User
 
NHRonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vieste, Italy
Country: United States
Posts: 2,324
vCash: 500
The Montreal Americans?

Habs' have signed Brian Gionta.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283471

First Gomez, now Gionta. Where are all the French-Canadian players?

NHRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 12:12 PM
  #330
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Game time, baby
Country: United States
Posts: 38,602
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by flannelman View Post
Antropov - 4yrs, 4mil per ATL
Sweet...maybe another team off the Kessel offer sheet trail....This is working out wonderfully!

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 12:50 PM
  #331
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 29,929
vCash: 500
jeremy reich to the isles on a 2-way.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 12:59 PM
  #332
Kovi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
jeremy reich to the isles on a 2-way.
back with his coach

Kovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 04:49 PM
  #333
Alan Ryan
Registered User
 
Alan Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
jeremy reich to the isles on a 2-way.
Reich's leadership/grit as Captain will be missed in Providence. Who will fill that type of role now nugs?

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 05:14 PM
  #334
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 29,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Reich's leadership/grit as Captain will be missed in Providence. Who will fill that type of role now nugs?
too soon to say...i'm sure chiarelli will bring in a vet or two.

back to UFA: jordan leopold to florida - 1 year.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 01:24 AM
  #335
erfus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
too soon to say...i'm sure chiarelli will bring in a vet or two.

back to UFA: jordan leopold to florida - 1 year.
Leopold signed for short money, relatively speaking, at $1.75M.

Aucoin signed in Phoenix for $2.25M. Aucoin is mostly done, but I bet he could still help a PP.

Chia must be serious about liking his defense, while he spends money on importing forwards and buyouts.

erfus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 08:57 AM
  #336
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL
 
VeddarRants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 12,609
vCash: 500
I still think Kessel gets moved for a defenseman, with added parts on both sides.

With Ohlund leaving Vancouver, I can't see them moving Bieksa.

St. Louis - Johnson, Pietrangelo

Calgary - Phaneuf

Kings - Johnson, Hickey

Nashville - Suter

San Jose - Vlasic

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 09:42 AM
  #337
Kosikarzzz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,287
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kosikarzzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kosikarzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
I still think Kessel gets moved for a defenseman, with added parts on both sides.

With Ohlund leaving Vancouver, I can't see them moving Bieksa.

St. Louis - Johnson, Pietrangelo

Calgary - Phaneuf

Kings - Johnson, Hickey

Nashville - Suter

San Jose - Vlasic

For some reason I keep thinking the Bruins should get Pietrangelo from St Louis. They need a stud D prospect and he would be my choice.

Jack Johnson is more realistic though.

Kosikarzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 02:14 PM
  #338
TinyRivers
Registered User
 
TinyRivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosikarzzz View Post
For some reason I keep thinking the Bruins should get Pietrangelo from St Louis. They need a stud D prospect and he would be my choice.

Jack Johnson is more realistic though.
I'd be happy with either one (but I prefer Pietrangelo as well).

I kinda thought something would have been done by now...


Doug.

TinyRivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 02:59 PM
  #339
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Ron & Anthony Show
 
Mike Yeos Eyebrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fall River
Country: United States
Posts: 17,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosikarzzz View Post
For some reason I keep thinking the Bruins should get Pietrangelo from St Louis. They need a stud D prospect and he would be my choice.

Jack Johnson is more realistic though.
If we could get Pietrangelo in a deal for Kessel, it would have been done weeks ago.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 03:10 PM
  #340
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Game time, baby
Country: United States
Posts: 38,602
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
I don't think any of those teams are giving up those guys...

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 10:10 PM
  #341
stick9
Registered User
 
stick9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 9,957
vCash: 500
Mikael Samuelsson

Signs a three-year, $7.5 million deal with Vancouver.

This is someone I would have loved to see the B's pick up. Relatively affordable at 2.5 per.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 11:42 PM
  #342
Steve Varmalov
And Then....
 
Steve Varmalov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boulder
Country: United States
Posts: 1,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
I still think Kessel gets moved for a defenseman, with added parts on both sides.

With Ohlund leaving Vancouver, I can't see them moving Bieksa.

St. Louis - Johnson, Pietrangelo

Calgary - Phaneuf

Kings - Johnson, Hickey

Nashville - Suter

San Jose - Vlasic
How about John Michael Liles from Colorado?

Or you could get Scott Hannan, Brett Clark or Ruslan Salei.

Steve Varmalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 10:04 AM
  #343
FONZIE
SPEPATLABFD
 
FONZIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Moved to Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
I still think Kessel gets moved for a defenseman, with added parts on both sides.

With Ohlund leaving Vancouver, I can't see them moving Bieksa.

St. Louis - Johnson, Pietrangelo

Calgary - Phaneuf

Kings - Johnson, Hickey

Nashville - Suter

San Jose - Vlasic
Maybe even Hamhuis + from Nashville.

__________________
FONZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 11:17 AM
  #344
Finney
 
Finney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Virginia/Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan91 View Post
How about John Michael Liles from Colorado?

Or you could get Scott Hannan, Brett Clark or Ruslan Salei.
Or Milan Hejduk?

Hejduk - I think - would do great on Savard's wing. Yes, he's up there in age (33), but I definitely think he could have 1 more great year left in him with the right center.

He backchecks very well, has great hands, and a great shot. He has suffered the last couple of years, but hasn't had as good of a playmaking center as Savard either. Isn't a big hitter (30 last year), but he had 31 blocked shots, 43 giveaways, and 63 takeaways. Yes, stats are misleading a lot, but I've watched him a good deal against Dallas and I'd rate him as fairly strong defensively - not great, but he is pretty good. He does play the penalty kill too - not much, but some (1:40 SHTOI/G last seaon - 5th on team).

His $3.9mil cap hit is fair and can be opened up fairly easily. His contract ends after next season which means he won't cause problems with signing the guys the Bruins need to then.

He's durable. Over his career he has played in 783 games of a possible 820 (95.5%) and the last time he missed 10+ games in a season was the 01-02 season.

With Savard, I'd say he could possibly score 35, but probably closer to 30.

So ends my argument for my man crush on Milan Hejduk. I think he'd be a fine addition to the Bruins.

Finney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 01:46 PM
  #345
Ursamajor4life
 
Ursamajor4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlattopFinney View Post
Or Milan Hejduk?

Hejduk - I think - would do great on Savard's wing. Yes, he's up there in age (33), but I definitely think he could have 1 more great year left in him with the right center.

He backchecks very well, has great hands, and a great shot. He has suffered the last couple of years, but hasn't had as good of a playmaking center as Savard either. Isn't a big hitter (30 last year), but he had 31 blocked shots, 43 giveaways, and 63 takeaways. Yes, stats are misleading a lot, but I've watched him a good deal against Dallas and I'd rate him as fairly strong defensively - not great, but he is pretty good. He does play the penalty kill too - not much, but some (1:40 SHTOI/G last seaon - 5th on team).

His $3.9mil cap hit is fair and can be opened up fairly easily. His contract ends after next season which means he won't cause problems with signing the guys the Bruins need to then.

He's durable. Over his career he has played in 783 games of a possible 820 (95.5%) and the last time he missed 10+ games in a season was the 01-02 season.

With Savard, I'd say he could possibly score 35, but probably closer to 30.

So ends my argument for my man crush on Milan Hejduk. I think he'd be a fine addition to the Bruins.
Hejduk best years are behind him. Would be a waste of money.

Ursamajor4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 11:30 AM
  #346
rcduthie77
Registered User
 
rcduthie77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,340
vCash: 500
Another interesting blueliner that looks to be on his way back from Europe is Mikko Lehtonen.

Played last year for Timra in the SEL putting up a 15-15-30 line in 41 games which is extremely good for a defenceman in the SEL.

He is showing interest in returning to the NHL and if he could be had for a good price he could be a real weapon in our system, especially on the PP.

Very slick player with foot speed and he's built like Wideman. 6'1'' 209lbs.

At 31 years old he's just in the prime of a defenceman's career now and IMO would be a smart pickup for a year or two on what could be a cheaper contract then many other defencemen would cost us.

edit: His 30 points in 41 games also had him as 4th in team scoring for Timra (1st by a defenceman) and 3rd in defensive scoring overall in the league. If Lehtonen had played the full 55 game schedule he would have been on pace for 20-20-40 which would have led the league in scoring by a defenceman.

rcduthie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 01:09 PM
  #347
Gruntfuttock
Registered User
 
Gruntfuttock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Finland
Posts: 538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcduthie77 View Post
Another interesting blueliner that looks to be on his way back from Europe is Mikko Lehtonen.

Played last year for Timra in the SEL putting up a 15-15-30 line in 41 games which is extremely good for a defenceman in the SEL.

He is showing interest in returning to the NHL and if he could be had for a good price he could be a real weapon in our system, especially on the PP.

Very slick player with foot speed and he's built like Wideman. 6'1'' 209lbs.

At 31 years old he's just in the prime of a defenceman's career now and IMO would be a smart pickup for a year or two on what could be a cheaper contract then many other defencemen would cost us.

edit: His 30 points in 41 games also had him as 4th in team scoring for Timra (1st by a defenceman) and 3rd in defensive scoring overall in the league. If Lehtonen had played the full 55 game schedule he would have been on pace for 20-20-40 which would have led the league in scoring by a defenceman.
Lehtonen would be a good #6 D. He's reliable in his own end, he can hit pretty good and he could also play PP because of his shot. But he's not "a very slick player with foot speed". I mean, he's not slow, but he's not fast either. And he doesn't skate that much with the puck. At least he probably wouldn't in the NHL. His first pass out of the defensive zone is usually a good one, but nothing fancy.

edit. Lehtonen also showed last year in the WC that he can play against NHL-talent. He was the best D in Team Finland. And we would have two Mikko Lehtonen's in the organization.


Last edited by Gruntfuttock: 07-07-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Gruntfuttock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 01:31 PM
  #348
Ratty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rive Gauche
Posts: 6,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Lehtonen would be a good #6 D. He's reliable in his own end, he can hit pretty good and he could also play PP because of his shot. But he's not "a very slick player with foot speed". I mean, he's not slow, but he's not fast either. And he doesn't skate that much with the puck. At least he probably wouldn't in the NHL. His first pass out of the defensive zone is usually a good one, but nothing fancy.

edit. Lehtonen also showed last year in the WC that he can play against NHL-talent. He was the best D in Team Finland. And we would have two Mikko Lehtonen's in the organization.
You can never have too many Mikko Lehtonens.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 01:45 PM
  #349
rcduthie77
Registered User
 
rcduthie77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
You can never have too many Mikko Lehtonens.
Agreed!

Maybe I overstated him a little bit but I've always liked Mikko (the older one) and I thought he was very impressive at Timra this year.

rcduthie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 04:36 PM
  #350
Bruins78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,255
vCash: 500
If Kessel is moved (I am in the sign him camp at 4+ as he will remain very tradeable at that # as a 40 goal scorer, even a one-dimensional one) I like Dallas as a trade partner as they could use some finish up front. I would be interested in a Vishnevsky/Benn package as Vishnevsky is a great skating, pp quarterback type (needs some work on his D) and Benn has a nice frame and finishing ability and should be able to contribute within 1-2 years. Of course I would have liked a package like this much more before free agency where we could have moved another contract and had 5 mil+ to go after a Hossa/Havlat type. I'd prefer Niskanen/Benn but not sure if Dallas would do that. Again, my preference is just to sign Kessel and if Chia is not happy with a one-dimensional 40 goal scorer the value will be there through the life of the contract...especially at trade deadline time as there are not many 40 goal scorers with reasonable contracts that become available, could probably gouge someone better at that point then during free agency.

Bruins78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.