HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

what is Kaberle's trade value?

Old
05-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
Now I see why you think Kaberle will get the world in a trade. Who knew a 15 goal scorer is a potential 30 goal scorer.
What does this even mean?

Dustin Brown scored 14 goals in his first NHL season, just 2 years later scoring 33.

Mike Riberio scored 5 goals in 52 games in his first season, later on scoring 27 in 76.

John Cheechoo scored 9 goals in 66 games in his rookie season, multiple 30+ goal seasons followed.

Honestly Biggzy, do you even think about what you write, or do you just faceroll the keyboard and hope for something coherent?

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 12:11 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Now I see why you think Kaberle will get the world in a trade. Who knew a 15 goal scorer is a potential 30 goal scorer.
You love to troll leaf threads dont you.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Casey Ryback

this isn't even about hockey anymore. It's about whose balls are bigger- Leafs lovers or Leafs haters.

And man... you guys used to be about the music!

Casey Ryback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 01:16 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knee Seeking Scud View Post
He could play his whole career in Dallas and he still would never touch what our best D men have accomplished. So to say i would call for him to be a HOF nominee is funny it is entirely wrong. So continue to shop Karberle and if you get a 1st round pick (1-10) you can have the final laugh.
I'm just picking on you for that Lehtinen thread. But yeah, I think you'd have a different opinion if you watched him more often.

As far as a top ten pick goes, I think he's worth it, but I think we're unlikely to get it. There aren't any teams that I think are looking to deal their top ten picks this year, and any trade needs two partners, rather simply equal value. I think a later first, mid prospect, and roster player is most likely. Depending on how many teams are interested, or salary dumps are included, the quality of player or prospect could shift.

Edit: But no, I don't think Kaberle will get dealt.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 01:19 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
You love to troll leaf threads dont you.
He's just keeping it real.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 01:48 PM
embracedbias

Quote:
I highlighted the important word in your post.

Lets re-word it:

"Who knew that a [rookie] 15 goal scorer would have the potential to score 30 goals"

Make sense now?

P.S. - The answer is "anyone with a brain and who watches hockey"

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 06:01 PM
Mojo19
He's Big, He's Bald

*Sigh*

Lets be objective here people.... Tomas Kaberle is a 4 time All Star defenseman. Likely one of the top 10-15 in the very least puck moving/mobile offensive defensemen in the league. Not every team has a guy like him. There are several up-and-coming teams that need a guy like him to run their PP because they simply don't have other sufficient offensive Dmen on their team. Kaberle also is signed to a very good contract at $4.25M for the next two years.

Sure, Kaberle is not the best defensive Dman... far from it. But the guy can still skate very well, and plays positional defense well. He is only slightly undersized. He doesn't get pushed around too much, he just doesn't hit much/lacks the whole gritty fierce mentality/the intimidation factor. But he is still a very serviceable Dman to, like I said, an up-and-coming team that is already boat loaded with youngsters and maybe doesn't want their mid 1st this year.

For example, St Louis or Columbus.

I would say he is at least worth as much as Brian Campbell (who got a late 1st and Steve Bernier), but not as much as Dan Boyle (who virtually got a late 1st, a previous 1st Rounder in Ty Wishart and a great youngster in Matt Carle).

Considering Kaberle's favorable contract for the next two years... he's definitely worth a mid 1st and a good/decent prospect (ie: STL's or CBJ's 16th or 15th pick.... and a prospect like Ian Cole or Cody Goloubef in the best... or a prospect like Brett Sonne or Stefan Legein in the worst).

Mojo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Volcanologist
Habitual User

Kaberle doesn't have to be a superstar for the kind of deals proposed in this thread to not make sense. He just has to be a very good allstar player, which he is. Are any other fans here willing to trade a defenceman of that calibre(if you have one) off their teams for a roster body and a 2nd round pick?? Give me a break.

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote