HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Chris Pronger

Old
05-15-2009, 10:12 PM
kyle evs48
Devilish Boy Grin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
pronger for drury and a 1st
rofl
no

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 10:20 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliamad View Post
I think the organization made a decision to move one of them back when traded for Whitney and 4 million dollar salary.
I agree that trade was a "forward thinking" move on the part of Murray and a superb trade on his part (and equally solid on Shero's part).

That said, I'm thinking it was really done as much for: a) adding depth to the backline for the stretch run this season (which it did); and b) "hedging bets," in the event that Niedermayer departs. I say that because Whitney brings offense to the blueline (though not nearly as polished as SN). He does not replace Pronger's game and impact in any way whatsoever.

Just me, but I see NHL GMs typically shying away from the urge of some HFers to move players prematurely. Not suggesting you are guilty of this here, but too often, just because a guy is entering his walk year, one sees that kneejerk inclination to "move him now!". Reality is, when you have a horse like Pronger (and a highly competitive team), you typically ride him as far as you can.

So, if Anaheim is struggling next February, and Pronger is not re-upped, then yes, you look at trade options.

Now? No way, short of being blown away.

Just my opinion, and I respect yours.

Last edited by Trottier: 05-15-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 10:23 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
rofl
no
good call.

drury 2nd

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 10:30 PM
kyle evs48
Devilish Boy Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
good call.

drury 2nd

still no

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
So, if Anaheim is struggling next February, and Pronger is not re-upped, then yes, you look at trade options.

Now? No way, short of being blown away.
Murray is a smart guy, so one can only assume he is thinking along the same lines.

If Anaheim had not made it into the playoffs this season, then I could see him thinking about it, and thinking about it seriously. But after taking out SJ, and taking Detroit to the limit, moving Pronger is likely the furthest thing from Murray's mind, at least as the present time.

The Ducks as currently constructed have proven they are still just a few tweaks away from sipping from the Cup again. You don't trade a HOF defenseman, still at the height of his game (IMO) when you're in that position.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 10:48 PM
Talentless Practise*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
Just me, but I see NHL GMs typically shying away from the urge of some HFers to move players prematurely.
I assure you, all Ducks fans would love to keep Pronger (some of us would keep him over Niedermayer). GM Murray is on record saying that he would like to keep this defence together and that he'll push hard to do it. It'll take a hefty discount from Nieds and a small one from Beauchemin to do but for sure it's not impossible.

However, even an NHL GM has to conform to the owners will and the owners will in the past has been a budget lower than the cap. Brian Burke got permission to spend up to the cap because of the retiring situation with Niedermayer&Selanne causing unpredictable difficulties.

If Murray has to operate on a budget, trading Pronger becomes a very real possibility and there are needs elsewhere that could be fulfilled with such a trade. It's not wrong to ask what people think might be out there.

It's a sad reality of a small-market team.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 10:53 PM
blackcoffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Smash View Post
hiller, pronger, and 3rd rd pick

for

claude giroux and lupul
That is a really bad trade for Anaheim. If they want Hiller and Pronger than at least Carter will be going back. At least!

blackcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 10:55 PM
HabsAtak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowman View Post
i dont know much about the habs prospects, but whats fischer like? unless he's really good i can't see this being it even for the ducks
Fischer probably stays in the NCAA one more year before being signed to an entry level contract. He has size just hasn't filled into his frame yet. This leads to some clumsiness on his part. He is still learning the mental part of the game. He does have excellent skating skills and can make the first pass out the zone. Learning to play consistent and use his size to his advantage are things he needs to work on. Lots of upside to him. I would say he is our 4th depth prospect D in a very deep pool.

HabsAtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 09:38 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Foligno, Kuba , 2010 1st

or, if Kubs doesn't waive...

Foligno, Picard, 2009 1st, 2009 Columbus 2nd

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 10:26 AM
txpd

Clark, Carlson, 1st round pick

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Paul4587

Why trade Pronger unless it's for an overpayment?? He is a bargain at his current contract and if the Ducks want to make another run they're gonna need him.

Paul4587 is online now   Reply With Quote