HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

These puck moving, UFA dmen...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-16-2009, 09:07 PM
  #1
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff
 
PlayMakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wellesley, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,504
vCash: 500
These puck moving, UFA dmen...

Curious to see how much coin per year, folks think these guys are going to get as UFA's this summer...

Oduya, Beauchemin, Morris, Leopold, Seidenberg, Boucher…







Edit: Fixed the Scuderi fiasco. Took out Havelid


Last edited by PlayMakers: 05-18-2009 at 12:49 AM.
PlayMakers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 09:28 PM
  #2
impeach estaalo
Registered User
 
impeach estaalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 11,183
vCash: 500
Seidenberg can get ~$2.5m/yr from someone and likely won't be back with the Hurricanes unless some salary is magically freed up.

Very reliable, can log 20+ minutes a game in all situations and is just entering his prime at age 27.

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 09:29 PM
  #3
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
Curious to see how much coin per year, folks think these guys are going to get as UFA's this summer...

Oduya, Beauchemin, Morris, Leopold, Seidenberg, Havelid, Scuderi, Boucher…
Player - Cap Hit (term)

Oduya - $3.5 (4+)
Beauchemin - $4.5 (4+)
Morris - $3.75 (2)
Leopold - $3.0 (3)
Seidenberg - $3.25 (4+)
Havelid - $2.5 (2-3)
Scuderi - $2.5 (3)
Boucher - $2.5 (3)

seanlinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 09:31 PM
  #4
Matt714*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Repentigny, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Matt714*
Havelid signed with the Elitserien.

Matt714* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 09:52 PM
  #5
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn
 
Modo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,174
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Player - Cap Hit (term)

Oduya - $3.5 (4+)
Beauchemin - $4.5 (4+)
Morris - $3.75 (2)
Leopold - $3.0 (3)
Seidenberg - $3.25 (4+)
Havelid - $2.5 (2-3)
Scuderi - $2.5 (3)
Boucher - $2.5 (3)
I seriously doubt Boucher's going to net another $2.5 mil contract. Considered a bargain while with Dallas, turned into an albatross when he was shipped off to Pittsburgh.

__________________
If you're telekinetic and you know it, clap my hands!
Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 12:31 AM
  #6
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff
 
PlayMakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wellesley, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Player - Cap Hit (term)

Oduya - $3.5 (4+)
Beauchemin - $4.5 (4+)
Morris - $3.75 (2)
Leopold - $3.0 (3)
Seidenberg - $3.25 (4+)
Havelid - $2.5 (2-3)
Scuderi - $2.5 (3)
Boucher - $2.5 (3)
Thanks JF. Personally, I think a couple of 'em are high.

I think Beauchemin will get about the same money as Oduya.

I think the secret is out on Morris that he's not 'that guy' anymore, if he ever was. I'm going to guess that $3M is fair market value for him.

The rest I think are pretty close.

PlayMakers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 06:26 AM
  #7
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
Thanks JF. Personally, I think a couple of 'em are high.

I think Beauchemin will get about the same money as Oduya.

I think the secret is out on Morris that he's not 'that guy' anymore, if he ever was. I'm going to guess that $3M is fair market value for him.

The rest I think are pretty close.
Free agency gets GMs going a little nuts... a lot of teams need help on the blueline, and most will overpay for it. Beauchemin although injured this year has had great numbers over the years and many believe that he is a rock solid 2-way #2-#3 defenceman. Whether or not that is the case is very debatable because he played most of that time with Pronger. $4.5 is a fair price for a #2 defenceman.

Morris definitely isn't the player he once was, but he's still a damn good #3 guy. He's got a complete game, brings leadership, puck moving, a physical presence, all the right things, except his ice time should be capped out around 22-24 minutes a game or else he really becomes ineffective. $3.75 is a very fair price for a #3 guy.... he gets a bit more money than perhaps he is worht because the team isn't committing long term dollars.

seanlinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 09:02 AM
  #8
AK
Registered User
 
AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 15,538
vCash: 500
I laughed when I saw Rob Scuderi included as a puck moving defenseman.

He should get 1.8-2.

Btw, no sane GM would give Phillipe Boucher anything more than 1M for 1 year.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 09:05 AM
  #9
burstnbloom
Registered User
 
burstnbloom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Babchuk View Post
Seidenberg can get ~$2.5m/yr from someone and likely won't be back with the Hurricanes unless some salary is magically freed up.

Very reliable, can log 20+ minutes a game in all situations and is just entering his prime at age 27.
My god if this is his value on the free agent market the Bruins need to move some dead weight and sign this guy. He would be a perfect fit to play with Wideman.

burstnbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 10:41 AM
  #10
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstnbloom View Post
My god if this is his value on the free agent market the Bruins need to move some dead weight and sign this guy. He would be a perfect fit to play with Wideman.
easy there tiger, maybe you should work on resigning half of your entire team's studs first.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 01:41 PM
  #11
burstnbloom
Registered User
 
burstnbloom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
easy there tiger, maybe you should work on resigning half of your entire team's studs first.
Don't be condescending. The Bruins are going to be alright with resigning their pending UFA as HF board speculation about the Kessel and Krejci contacts is not grounded in economic reality or league precedent.

There is a lot of fat to trim around the edges of the Bruins roster and moving out a guy like Ward for a pick and replacing his cap number with an identical cap number with a different skill set like Seidenberg is exactly what they need. Ward still has value at a relatively reasonable number to a team that needs a guts and effort stay at home defense man. It just so happens that the Bruins have a number of those guys and would be better served by a guy like Seidenberg who can play a second PP point man type role without hurting you playing in his own zone.

burstnbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 02:04 PM
  #12
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 16,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstnbloom View Post
Don't be condescending. The Bruins are going to be alright with resigning their pending UFA as HF board speculation about the Kessel and Krejci contacts is not grounded in economic reality or league precedent.

There is a lot of fat to trim around the edges of the Bruins roster and moving out a guy like Ward for a pick and replacing his cap number with an identical cap number with a different skill set like Seidenberg is exactly what they need. Ward still has value at a relatively reasonable number to a team that needs a guts and effort stay at home defense man. It just so happens that the Bruins have a number of those guys and would be better served by a guy like Seidenberg who can play a second PP point man type role without hurting you playing in his own zone.
Why do you assume that anyone will give us a pick for Ward?

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 02:07 PM
  #13
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 29,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
Curious to see how much coin per year, folks think these guys are going to get as UFA's this summer...

Oduya, Beauchemin, Morris, Leopold, Seidenberg, Havelid, Scuderi, Boucher…
They're not all puck-movers. Scuderi certainly isn't, he's a classic stay-at-home rearguard with shutdown ability. Havelid's already gone, so we can take him out of the equation.

Beauchemin is the highest profile of this bunch, and should get the most money this summer, imo.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 03:12 PM
  #14
burstnbloom
Registered User
 
burstnbloom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Why do you assume that anyone will give us a pick for Ward?
Because Aaron Ward is still a good player and there are a lot of teams that could use a player with his skill set for his price tag. You're unlikely to get a guy who brings what he brings for a low cap hit and only a one year commitment (don't underestimate that) with the future being an unknown at this point.

I would like to keep him on the Bruins but they already have Chara and Stuart who play similar styles in their top 4 and could really use a different type of D.

Recent history is littered with trades for D men like Ward for picks, I don't think I'm going out on a limb with that statement. I am not asking for Patrick Kane in return.

burstnbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 04:26 PM
  #15
shadow1
Registered User
 
shadow1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 11,604
vCash: 500
Oduya - 3.5
Beauchemin - 4.0
Morris - 3.0
Leopold - 2.25
Seidenberg - 2.75
Havelid - N/A
Scuderi - Not a puck mover
Boucher - 1.0

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 04:28 PM
  #16
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,914
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
Curious to see how much coin per year, folks think these guys are going to get as UFA's this summer...

Oduya, Beauchemin, Morris, Leopold, Seidenberg, Havelid, Scuderi, Boucher…
He's leaving to play in the SEL.

BillyShoe1721 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 10:32 PM
  #17
Whaley Klesla 97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
If Leopold is only getting 2-3 Mil, The Jackets HAVE got to get on that. We are shedding Christian Backmans awful contract of 2.5 a year, so just hand it to Jordan!

Whaley Klesla 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 11:35 PM
  #18
Hawksfan12*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaley Klesla 97 View Post
If Leopold is only getting 2-3 Mil, The Jackets HAVE got to get on that. We are shedding Christian Backmans awful contract of 2.5 a year, so just hand it to Jordan!
I would love to see Buff and co dance around leopold 6 times a year

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 12:00 AM
  #19
HankTheTank
Registered User
 
HankTheTank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TORONTO
Posts: 2,590
vCash: 500
Seidenberg @ 2.5 would be great value for a UFA .... but why would Carolina let him walk if that was the price?

HankTheTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 12:13 AM
  #20
NobodysFaulkButMine
You jelly, Staal?
 
NobodysFaulkButMine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, CAN
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,070
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NobodysFaulkButMine
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankTheTank View Post
Seidenberg @ 2.5 would be great value for a UFA .... but why would Carolina let him walk if that was the price?
Internal cap space. Plus, JR's priorities will be in resigning Babchuk, Ruutu, LaRose and maybe Cole. He might want to bolster up our D core with another top 4 defenseman. Seidenberg is a good, cheap defenseman but I can see the Canes going in a different direction.

NobodysFaulkButMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 12:36 AM
  #21
Whaley Klesla 97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
I would love to see Buff and co dance around leopold 6 times a year
Backman doesnt even make the lineup for them to "dance" around him. Leopold is a better dman than what he showed in the Chicago series

Whaley Klesla 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 12:41 AM
  #22
Bruwinz37
Registered User
 
Bruwinz37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 26,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
They're not all puck-movers. Scuderi certainly isn't, he's a classic stay-at-home rearguard with shutdown ability. .
Rob Scuderi: Shutdown Defender

Congrats HFboards, I think you finally jumped the shark.


Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 12:47 AM
  #23
CioCio
Registered User
 
CioCio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Carrboro, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,963
vCash: 500
Seidenberg also absorbs a ton of hits. I don't know why, but it seems he's always getting absolutely flattened against the boards by the other team's big hitters. Always takes it like a champ, too.

Here's Lucic hitting him in Game 5:


Last edited by CioCio: 05-18-2009 at 12:53 AM.
CioCio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 12:54 AM
  #24
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,078
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
What about Kurtis Foster?

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 01:33 AM
  #25
impeach estaalo
Registered User
 
impeach estaalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 11,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAShoesm View Post
Internal cap space. Plus, JR's priorities will be in resigning Babchuk, Ruutu, LaRose and maybe Cole. He might want to bolster up our D core with another top 4 defenseman. Seidenberg is a good, cheap defenseman but I can see the Canes going in a different direction.
I'd much rather have Seidenberg back than LaRose or Cole, though unfortunately JR may not think that way. Top 4 defensemen > 2nd/3rd line wingers. Also, what defenseman are you going to get that is better than Seidenberg at his value?

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.