HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Graf G7 ultra

Old
05-14-2009, 06:06 PM
kmd mode

vCash: 500
Graf G7 ultra

does anyone have any info on this skate based on experience or just skate knowledge? I know someone who's trying to sell them, i skated in them for a bit and felt fine, but a friend of mine who works at a pro shop told me grafs are more for comfort rather than performance so i'm a little skeptical now on buying them. Anyway, if someone can give me some help with their opinions or any info they have on the skates i would appreciate it.

Thanks

kmd mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 06:12 PM
shotty

i use G5s, been on them for four years now and yes, they are extremely comfortable and offer really good feedback. they've kinda fallen behind the 8-ball with regards to construction and innovation since nike and rbk started pumping tons of cash into skate development. expect to get consistent results for a long time.

shotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 07:13 PM
SirJW

If they are comfortable you will perform better.

SirJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 05:30 AM
Ragss

Seems to me they are the more classic style of durability as opposed to all these new fangled ultra light skates. I should know, I have a pair of CCM U+'s and as amazing as they are, they're already starting to fall apart after one non-competitive season. What you really should ask yourself is if a few hundred grams (if that) will make any difference to you, because it sure as hell makes no difference to me.

Ragss is offline   Reply With Quote