HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

What's a 09-10 STH to do now?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-17-2009, 09:35 AM
  #1
pfp
Registered User
 
pfp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 613
vCash: 500
What's a 09-10 STH to do now?

Like many people I'm sure, I renewed my season tickets by the April 27 deadline. In doing so I paid the minimum amount due and am on a paymant plan. A few days later this whole situation erupts.

As of this moment the team is in bankrupcy (hopefully they won't be after the 19th but who knows what the courts will do). In any case they already have some of my money and I believe the next payment is due at the end of the month.

If the team plays in Phoenix, which I do think they will, then I defitely want to keep my season tickets. However time are tought and if they leave or fold I don't want to just loose my money. What I've already paid may be a lost cause but I certainly don't want to pour more money doen the drain of uncertainty.

So what's a season ticket holder to do?

pfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 09:44 AM
  #2
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,594
vCash: 500
You go and watch your team play in Glendale next year. Balsille has already stated that's a likelihood at this point.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 09:51 AM
  #3
Jake16
 
Jake16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,320
vCash: 500
The NHL is NOT going to screw over fans by allowing them to lose any money here. Just hold tight and continue supporting the team. Lets not give Jerry Reinsdorf a reason to pull out by showing him the STHs are starting to abandon the team. (As bad as that sounds as Moyes just abandoned us).

Jake16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 11:15 AM
  #4
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris
 
TeamTippett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phx
Country: United States
Posts: 5,325
vCash: 500
yes but this is exactly why I have zero remorse for Jerry Moyes; he knew how dire things were and openly accepted STH deposits and a week and a half latter pulls this stunt.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 11:44 AM
  #5
AzYotes18
 
AzYotes18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
You go and watch your team play in Glendale next year. Balsille has already stated that's a likelihood at this point.
Haven't you talked to your ticket rep about your season tickets? You can get a full refund now if you want.

And in regards to the comment that if Ball---sack leaves the team in Phoenix....well, it's basically as a parking spot until he gets a place ready in canada.

I am a full season ticket holder, and I WILL NOT GO TO A SINGLE GAME IF THE TEAM IS SOLD TO THIS GUY, AND THEY WAIT IT OUT IN PHOENIX FOR A YEAR. I will not finanically support their cause.

Decision will be made Tuesday, if the team gets sold to move to Canada, I will be calling my ticket rep that afternoon and will ask for a refund.

AzYotes18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 01:04 PM
  #6
AZCOYOT
Registered User
 
AZCOYOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mesa, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzYotes18 View Post
Haven't you talked to your ticket rep about your season tickets? You can get a full refund now if you want.

And in regards to the comment that if Ball---sack leaves the team in Phoenix....well, it's basically as a parking spot until he gets a place ready in canada.

I am a full season ticket holder, and I WILL NOT GO TO A SINGLE GAME IF THE TEAM IS SOLD TO THIS GUY, AND THEY WAIT IT OUT IN PHOENIX FOR A YEAR. I will not finanically support their cause.

Decision will be made Tuesday, if the team gets sold to move to Canada, I will be calling my ticket rep that afternoon and will ask for a refund.
This, I don't know how anyone could support a 1 year parking spot if Balsillie owns the team.

AZCOYOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 01:47 PM
  #7
Jake16
 
Jake16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
yes but this is exactly why I have zero remorse for Jerry Moyes; he knew how dire things were and openly accepted STH deposits and a week and a half latter pulls this stunt.
I believe the LA Rams got hit with a class action for stunts like that. (Selling seats, misrepresenting the team was staying (when it was negotating otherwise), then bolting to St. Louis.

Jake16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 03:12 PM
  #8
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirShagg View Post
Like many people I'm sure, I renewed my season tickets by the April 27 deadline. In doing so I paid the minimum amount due and am on a paymant plan. A few days later this whole situation erupts.

As of this moment the team is in bankrupcy (hopefully they won't be after the 19th but who knows what the courts will do). In any case they already have some of my money and I believe the next payment is due at the end of the month.

If the team plays in Phoenix, which I do think they will, then I defitely want to keep my season tickets. However time are tought and if they leave or fold I don't want to just loose my money. What I've already paid may be a lost cause but I certainly don't want to pour more money doen the drain of uncertainty.

So what's a season ticket holder to do?
I agree we sit tight. And I fully expect us to be here operating under the NHL or new ownership that keeps the team here. If JB gets the team and parks it here for a year, no way he doesn't offer STH full refunds. He may be cunning and conniving, but he's not stupid.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 06:06 PM
  #9
Confucius
Registered User
 
Confucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RousselRising View Post
I agree we sit tight. And I fully expect us to be here operating under the NHL or new ownership that keeps the team here. If JB gets the team and parks it here for a year, no way he doesn't offer STH full refunds. He may be cunning and conniving, but he's not stupid.
Why would you get a refund, if you paid for hockey next season and you were going to get hockey next season?

Confucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 09:10 PM
  #10
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 14,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyhopeful View Post
Why would you get a refund, if you paid for hockey next season and you were going to get hockey next season?
This type of comment makes no sense to me, and you are not the first to make a similar one. To me hockey assumes some sort of good faith effort to win and improve the team. If Glendale were a parking spot, or in legal limbo; the Coyotes would be DOA. Cap floor, no new significant FA's, and a group of disenchanted players. I won't even watch them on Free TV.

I have supported losers for many years, but at least they were trying(incompetent but trying). Losing WITHOUT trying is an exercise in futility, especially when you know there is no future.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 10:04 PM
  #11
AzYotes18
 
AzYotes18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyhopeful View Post
Why would you get a refund, if you paid for hockey next season and you were going to get hockey next season?
because if JB owns the team and just sits the team here for a year before canada, why would we support that in Phoenix? It's too heartbreaking. No one wants to give this guy their money. Let him take the finanical hit with an empty building for a few million dollars.

AzYotes18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 08:48 AM
  #12
bruin77
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzYotes18 View Post
Haven't you talked to your ticket rep about your season tickets? You can get a full refund now if you want.

And in regards to the comment that if Ball---sack leaves the team in Phoenix....well, it's basically as a parking spot until he gets a place ready in canada.

I am a full season ticket holder, and I WILL NOT GO TO A SINGLE GAME IF THE TEAM IS SOLD TO THIS GUY, AND THEY WAIT IT OUT IN PHOENIX FOR A YEAR. I will not finanically support their cause.

Decision will be made Tuesday, if the team gets sold to move to Canada, I will be calling my ticket rep that afternoon and will ask for a refund.
AsYctes18 i agree with what your saying,if the team is moving i wouldn't support it either. don't take this the wrong way i don't mean anything by it but i think however buys the team is going to want to move it to a more profitable market,but bettman will not let that happen,it will not be said that one of his teams failed.
if bialsillie buys the team and it stays in phoenix it will be the best thing by far that ever happened for the team.the biggest problem with the team success thus far has been the clowns running the team form management to the coaching staff. just my 2cents

bruin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 01:44 PM
  #13
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
This type of comment makes no sense to me, and you are not the first to make a similar one. To me hockey assumes some sort of good faith effort to win and improve the team. If Glendale were a parking spot, or in legal limbo; the Coyotes would be DOA. Cap floor, no new significant FA's, and a group of disenchanted players. I won't even watch them on Free TV.

I have supported losers for many years, but at least they were trying(incompetent but trying). Losing WITHOUT trying is an exercise in futility, especially when you know there is no future.
Agreed, Sniper.

What people like HH don't stop to realize is hockey fans pay their hard-earned money to attend games, root for their team, and dream of a Cup. They don't want to give it to a guy like Balsillie who intends to take that hard-earned money from Phoenix fans and run, using those fans' dollars to underwrite the cost of taking their team.

To suggest Phoenix fans should help Balsillie finance his attempt to rip our team away is ridiculous, callous and shows a complete lack of respect for the game, its integrity, history and the thousands who have devoted their lives to it.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 02:29 PM
  #14
TaketheCannoli
RIP
 
TaketheCannoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 8,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyhopeful View Post
Why would you get a refund, if you paid for hockey next season and you were going to get hockey next season?
Let's see. The STH bought tickets that were sold to him in bad faith, with secret plans to move the Coyotes immediately; Balsillie requested it is done before the draft.

So a Coyotes fan buys season tickets thinking the team will be in Glendale for the foreseeable future. Moyes pulls his crap. The NHL fights it which means Balsillie will not have the team in Ontario next season. Phoenix STH says, "hmmm...this guy is taking my team. I was mislead and I don't want that guy to get one cent of my money."

Maybe that's why?

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 03:00 PM
  #15
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyhopeful View Post
Why would you get a refund, if you paid for hockey next season and you were going to get hockey next season?
Curious if the several responses to your post answered your question.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 03:45 PM
  #16
Jake16
 
Jake16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,320
vCash: 500
CHARPENTIER, v. LOS ANGELES RAMS FOOTBALL COMPANY, INC., 75 Cal.App.4th 301 (Calif. Ct. Appeals, 2000)(Former season ticket holder's allegations that professional football team, prior to moving to new location, had falsely represented that it had no intention to move and that no discussions had taken place with other cities, that team made such representations in order to maintain and manipulate the sales of tickets and that former season ticket holder relied on these assurances in purchasing season tickets were sufficient to state fraud claim against team.)

Jake16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 04:00 PM
  #17
AZCOYOT
Registered User
 
AZCOYOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mesa, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,281
vCash: 500
What does that mean exactly?

AZCOYOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 04:07 PM
  #18
puck57
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogary Flayotes View Post
What does that mean exactly?

In other words you should based on this court case be able to get your money back if you already bought season tickets under the pretense that the Yotes will still be in Phoenix next season. So IF the Yotes were to be relocated, you SHOULD get your money back in full. Don't worry- there is NO way public relations wise the league would NOT give you your money back- you would get refunded.

puck57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 04:14 PM
  #19
pfp
Registered User
 
pfp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 613
vCash: 500
For the purposes of this conversation I really don't care who owns the team. If they are playing in Phoenix I plan on going to the games.

I've now read (here) that ballsack would be open to leaving the team in phoenix for the next season. If that's the case it would seem a sure bet no matter how this mess turns out they will play here next year.

pfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 04:17 PM
  #20
zyllyx
STH Hipster
 
zyllyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Peoria
Country: United States
Posts: 3,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirShagg View Post
For the purposes of this conversation I really don't care who owns the team. If they are playing in Phoenix I plan on going to the games.

I've now read (here) that ballsack would be open to leaving the team in phoenix for the next season. If that's the case it would seem a sure bet no matter how this mess turns out they will play here next year.
I wonder what would happen if Balsillie bought the team, kept it here for a year, and we ended up making the playoffs and selling out the arena...

zyllyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 04:25 PM
  #21
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris
 
TeamTippett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phx
Country: United States
Posts: 5,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyllyx View Post
I wonder what would happen if Balsillie bought the team, kept it here for a year, and we ended up making the playoffs and selling out the arena...
we would still be inferior fans to those in S. Ontario.

better yet; What if we discharge our massive debt load, the economy rebounds, the Suns stink, the Cardinals back slide, this team (under a different coach) makes the playoffs and like you said sell out all the games, and actually makes a proffit. We will still be inferior in the eyes of Ball-Silly

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 07:14 PM
  #22
bruin77
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
we would still be inferior fans to those in S. Ontario.

better yet; What if we discharge our massive debt load, the economy rebounds, the Suns stink, the Cardinals back slide, this team (under a different coach) makes the playoffs and like you said sell out all the games, and actually makes a proffit. We will still be inferior in the eyes of Ball-Silly
thats silly it has nothing to do with the coyote fans being inferior to anyone.

bruin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.