HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eklund: Something for you all to laugh about :)

Old
05-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
I don't know what will happen and who will end up where but I have a feeling this summer,starting a week or so before the draft and continuing July 1st we will see many many trades and players we didn't expect being moved

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 06:22 PM
sampollock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
I bet that last year 50-60% of his site hits (especially during the summer) came from Sundin rumors. Now why do you expect he won't try to milk the issue again, for as long as he can ?
he loves the fables

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 07:08 PM
flappuck

Amazing how you all despise him yet can't seem to get enough of him...

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Kirk Muller

Gillis is the most amazing GM in the world if he can get Luongo, both Sedins, and Lecavalier under the salary cap and still ice a full roster.

Kirk Muller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 07:22 PM
maci4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I don't know what will happen and who will end up where but I have a feeling this summer,starting a week or so before the draft and continuing July 1st we will see many many trades and players we didn't expect being moved
i hope so. it's time for a complete transfusion.

maci4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 07:26 PM
maci4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tout ptit View Post
Amazing how you all despise him yet can't seem to get enough of him...
so true.

Everyone here loves to read eklunds postings yet put him down because it makes them seem cool and more educated on this board, as if their credibility rises by dismissing someone elses rumours.

i personally enjoy everything that comes from eklund. I like to see it as entertainment, and it keeps things interesting in an otherwise boring summer.

Old
05-19-2009, 08:16 AM
neofury*

The ones I lol'd at:

5. Niittymaki will go to Dallas as a backup for a few years, but he will eventually have a career that will get him All-Star consideration.
7. Gaborik will sign with the LA Kings. I promise this.
11. Bouwmeester will have his rights traded to either the Flames or the Canadiens.
14. The Canadiens will explore the Mats Sundin option again...as will the Maple Leafs.
16. Hossa will sign with either Edmonton, Ottawa, Washington or LA.
18. LeCavalier will be dealt at the draft to either Montreal or Vancouver for a package that includes a serious defenseman.
19. The Leafs will make 2-3 MAJOR Draft Day moves and the players coming in could include any combination of Rick Nash, Joe Thornton, or John Tavares.
21. Khabibulin will be retained in Chicago
23. Bertuzzi will be a Canadien.

The Bertuzzi one is lolable but sadly I could still see it happening

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Puckhead58*

All I want is for people to stop spewing Eklund's garbage on HF boards!!!! EVERYBODY knows that he has no clue what he's talking about....so why continue to post his crap for laughs or as serious topics?? Everybody would be better off just ignoring that he even exists.

Whenever Eklund is right on 80% of his rumors...then I'll listen to the gossip on his site, but when he links a player getting traded to 15 different teams....he's just guessing like the rest of us.

He doesn't have any inside sources on any NHL team. Everything he says is just a rumor like anybody else in the world can make up.

My guess is that NOTHING on this list ever happens. He made the whole thing up to get traffic to his site and even tho some people might go to his site to laugh at him, he's still getting hits to his site.....which is all he wants in the first place.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 08:51 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
I bet that last year 50-60% of his site hits (especially during the summer) came from Sundin rumors. Now why do you expect he won't try to milk the issue again, for as long as he can ?
Gainey calling Sundin

Mats: "Hallå"

Bob: "Hey big guy, guess who!!??"

Mats:"Pat Quinn?"

Bob:" No, its your good buddy BG, whats happening?"

Mats:" *sigh*...hey Bob, whats happening?"

Bob:" Not much! Just thought I would drop you a line to let you know that we think you'd be a great fit with our team here"

Mats:"That's great Bob. See, here's the thing, I just don't know if I feel like playing hockey right now...I have lots of things happening with my poker career and new line of "Sundin Signature" Ikea Furniture.

Bob:" What if - and believe me this is a hypothetical - but what if you were offered some kind of a stock option equity sharing program. Would that do anything for you?"

Mats:" I don't know, I guess. Listen, I'm gonna go. It's been really nice talking to you. I hope your signings go really well."

Bob:"Absolutely, the pleasure's all on this side of the telephone, trust me"

Mats hangs up

Bob:"Great...wow"

Bob orders St Hubert with a grin in the corner of his mouth

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
All I want is for people to stop spewing Eklund's garbage on HF boards!!!! EVERYBODY knows that he has no clue what he's talking about....so why continue to post his crap for laughs or as serious topics?? Everybody would be better off just ignoring that he even exists.

Whenever Eklund is right on 80% of his rumors...then I'll listen to the gossip on his site, but when he links a player getting traded to 15 different teams....he's just guessing like the rest of us.

He doesn't have any inside sources on any NHL team. Everything he says is just a rumor like anybody else in the world can make up.

My guess is that NOTHING on this list ever happens. He made the whole thing up to get traffic to his site and even tho some people might go to his site to laugh at him, he's still getting hits to his site.....which is all he wants in the first place.

It's the dead season. People need to talk and post about something. Just look at the threads we have on the first page of the board.

Ecklund has declared to consider himself as "entertainer" not journalist (mostly because he was never accepted into the Hockey Journalists Association). So let him entertain us.

If he offers us a good laugh and a reason to post in a 4-5 pages thread, why not give him that lousy internet hit ? I mean - there are plenty of sites visit that do not give me that much.

I rarely go to his site - mostly for Engels' blogs (also loved the ex Bruins blogger - Gerry Boudreau or something). But I understand that people might go there for the entertainment factor.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 09:28 AM
maci4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Gainey calling Sundin

Mats: "Hallå"

Bob: "Hey big guy, guess who!!??"

Mats:"Pat Quinn?"

Bob:" No, its your good buddy BG, whats happening?"

Mats:" *sigh*...hey Bob, whats happening?"

Bob:" Not much! Just thought I would drop you a line to let you know that we think you'd be a great fit with our team here"

Mats:"That's great Bob. See, here's the thing, I just don't know if I feel like playing hockey right now...I have lots of things happening with my poker career and new line of "Sundin Signature" Ikea Furniture.

Bob:" What if - and believe me this is a hypothetical - but what if you were offered some kind of a stock option equity sharing program. Would that do anything for you?"

Mats:" I don't know, I guess. Listen, I'm gonna go. It's been really nice talking to you. I hope your signings go really well."

Bob:"Absolutely, the pleasure's all on this side of the telephone, trust me"

Mats hangs up

Bob:"Great...wow"

Bob orders St Hubert with a grin in the corner of his mouth

lol, classic. It's time to go watch office space for the thousandth time

Old
05-19-2009, 09:42 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
It's the dead season. People need to talk and post about something. Just look at the threads we have on the first page of the board.

Ecklund has declared to consider himself as "entertainer" not journalist (mostly because he was never accepted into the Hockey Journalists Association). So let him entertain us.

If he offers us a good laugh and a reason to post in a 4-5 pages thread, why not give him that lousy internet hit ? I mean - there are plenty of sites visit that do not give me that much.

I rarely go to his site - mostly for Engels' blogs (also loved the ex Bruins blogger - Gerry Boudreau or something). But I understand that people might go there for the entertainment factor.

Well whatever floats your boat I guess!!! If people find entertainment in it, then good enough....I for one think its a shame that someone who can be wrong 150% of the time can generate so many threads and so much traffic to a website.

I'd much rather talk about anything else but Eklund's false rumors or nothing at all than to listen to his garbage. He talks like he is soo certain and sure of himself about these bogus deals and then 1 after 1 they never happen and Eklund looks like a bum yet again.

We can talk about possible trades and who we would like to sign as a Free Agent and whatever else without Eklund being involved in the conversation....and chances are....most of us would have a higher success rate than Eklund.

But like I said.....whatever floats your boat I guess. People are going to do what they want to do, no matter how little sense it makes.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote