HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Guy Boucher to be the Hamilton Bulldogs head coach ?

Old
05-16-2009, 10:16 PM
goalchenyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKSubban View Post
Who the **** cares really besides you and ( Canadian Errant ) and the PQ ? How about THE BEST COACH available ?
and who 's the best coach available ? please , give us the name of that genious coach ...

goalchenyuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Artyukhin*

Guy Boucher and Steve Begin ?

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 11:31 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
It's funny 'cause everytime a french coach or player is mentioned, you'll have have guys responding that they want the best no matter what language they are speaking. But then if you respond that he might be the best, they'll say that he's probably going to be 'cause he speaks french.....

Can french coaches and players could actually be the best choice once in a while?

When some people say that "get the best, NO MATTER WHAT LANGUAGE THEY ARE SPEAKING..." do they include french people?

So let's say, as an organization, you would want to give the job in Hamilton to a young coach who is considered by a lot of people (and not solely french people) as one of the best, can he be considered EVEN if he speaks french or is it always going to be a language issue?

Guy Boucher is totally considered as being one of the greatest young coaches in hockey. But don't pick him 'cause if we do, surely it would solely be because he speaks french....
i think if it wasnt for the "french rookie coaches" lasting 3 years on average and then fired in Montreal, maybe the room here would be different .No cups no deep playoff run to finals , yeah i can see where many are "unsure" another rookie is the answer.It hasn't worked since 1995,but lets do it again and hope this is the time is works? AND no disrespect towards Guy Boucher he maybe be the next Scotty Bowman but again since 1995 we've tried this strategy and it's become a broken record for results.

* Mario Tremblay, 1995-97
* Alain Vigneault, 1997-00
* Michel Therrien, 2000-03
* Claude Julien, 2003-06
* Guy Carbonneau, 2006-2009

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 05-16-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old
05-16-2009, 11:49 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
i think if it wasnt for the "french rookie coaches" lasting 3 years on average and then fired in Montreal, maybe the room here would be different .No cups no deep playoff run to finals , yeah i can see where many are "unsure" another rookie is the answer.It hasn't worked since 1995,but lets do it again and hope this is the time is works? AND no disrespect towards Guy Boucher he maybe be the next Scotty Bowman but again since 1995 we've tried this strategy and it's become a broken record for results.

* Mario Tremblay, 1995-97
* Alain Vigneault, 1997-00
* Michel Therrien, 2000-03
* Claude Julien, 2003-06
* Guy Carbonneau, 2006-2009
By the way, it might not be clear on the post you're referring to, but no way do I want Boucher as the Habs head coach. But he's my choice for Hamilton even if the almighty Lever or maybe other candidates are supposed to be the best choice ever.

As far as the rookie coaches we had, while clearly Mario Tremblay wasn't ready for this despite his great record, the others could have deserved more patience. What kind of team did Vigneault had thanks to the GM's and to the drafting teams in place? Most guys out there weren't fired 'cause of how bad they were, but because a move had to be made and since it's easier to fire 1 guy.....you know the drill. Julien was great wherever he went. I would have had more confidence in Vigneault. Therrien, well it's way or the other. He seems to be the type of guy that could have the best out of his players for no more than 3 years. And Tremblay and Carbonneau aren't my greatest of picks.

But surely, I would appreciate a vet to run the show. Just for the luxury of saying that it won't be the coach's inexperience fault this time. Time for the GM and the players to be accountable. Time to put the light on other persons than the coach.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 12:33 AM
Garo

I wouldn't mind Boucher as an assistant, and love to have him as the HC in Hamilton.

We'll see if he's interested... But even if we're taking out the feared French factor, he's someone I would absolutely want to bring in the team.

Garo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 12:36 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garo View Post
I wouldn't mind Boucher as an assistant, and love to have him as the HC in Hamilton.

We'll see if he's interested... But even if we're taking out the feared French factor, he's someone I would absolutely want to bring in the team.
so we give him 2 years in Hamilton and we fire him in 3 years in Montreal? this must be the new 5 yr plan?

Old
05-17-2009, 12:42 AM
Garo

Quote:
so we give him 2 years in Hamilton and we fire him in 3 years in Montreal? this must be he new 5 yr plan?
Well... I didn't say anything about bringing him as the Habs HC, did I?

I don't think he's up for it right now... Bring him in a role where he can be helpful, which shouldn't be hard to find, and we'll see what happens next. Personally, I could see him doing very well in both, but I have a preference for the farm HC.

Garo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 08:41 AM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
YES! Guy Boucher is an exceptional coach, get rid of Lever and get him for Hamilton. Giving him an NHL club right now would be a big mistake, but we could groom him for the future.

Boucher's a lot like Gainey in the sense that he's always a very, very interesting guy to listen to. Letting him go on another team would be a mistake imo. He's not a good candidate because he's french btw, he's an excellent candidate on his own, just happens to speak french.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 01:04 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
and who 's the best coach available ? please , give us the name of that genious coach ...
He's gonna tell you the usual Nolan & Laviolette or Quinn... Two of them are away from NHL since a while and no one cared - among the 29 remaining teams- to hire any of them ! Must be genious !

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 01:07 PM
JesusBouillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabsgo2001 View Post
I am Quebecois and I'd rather read subtitles about a win than a speech about a loss.
Who's talking about taking any incompetent coach who speaks french? He's just saying it's a PLUS. It goes in the positive column.

JesusBouillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Maxpac

I've been bragging of getting an NHL experienced coach for quite a while now, but Boucher almost seems ahead of his time in coaching, and he doesn't look like the coward type like Carbo who just mumbles when things don't go our way. I'm starting to think he's the ideal coach for us. I mean when somebody as renowned as Pat Quinn gives you praises, you have to be doing something right.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 01:50 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusBouillon View Post
Who's talking about taking any incompetent coach who speaks french? He's just saying it's a PLUS. It goes in the positive column.
How is something that has no effect on the on-ice product conceivably a plus? It's not a negative either, but it just goes to show that it has no place in the process of determining who coaches a hockey team.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Lucky Luke

Guy Boucher will apparently be named head coach of the Hamilton Bulldogs after the conclusion of the Memorial Cup and before the upcoming NHL draft.

Lucky Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 04:00 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I've been bragging of getting an NHL experienced coach for quite a while now, but Boucher almost seems ahead of his time in coaching, and he doesn't look like the coward type like Carbo who just mumbles when things don't go our way. I'm starting to think he's the ideal coach for us. I mean when somebody as renowned as Pat Quinn gives you praises, you have to be doing something right.
Just a flash i just have ; why not hire him as a head coach , and Lemaire as his assistant ? That last hates talking to the medias , so it would be the job of Boucher , while he would have a very good helper in Lemaire ...

Old
05-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Little Nilan

Quote:
Just a flash i just have ; why not hire him as a head coach , and Lemaire as his assistant ? That last hates talking to the medias , so it would be the job of Boucher , while he would have a very good helper in Lemaire ...
I know you're joking, but It would be a mistake to hire Guy Boucher as head coach. As good as he is in junior, and he's outstanding, I think it would be a disaster to have him as a rookie coach with no pro experience. Let him get his experience in Hamilton for a few years. There are lot of people like Roy and Damphousse I'd like to see on the Habs eventually, but I think Boucher's a guy we shouldn't let go elsewhere.

Old
05-17-2009, 04:14 PM
BigTimer*

It's 100% sure he'll be coaching Hamilton next year.

I'm interested in what that means for Lever's career with us.

Old
05-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
I know you're joking, but It would be a mistake to hire Guy Boucher as head coach. As good as he is in junior, and he's outstanding, I think it would be a disaster to have him as a rookie coach with no pro experience. Let him get his experience in Hamilton for a few years. There are lot of people like Roy and Damphousse I'd like to see on the Habs eventually, but I think Boucher's a guy we shouldn't let go elsewhere.
Brett Sutter hasn't looked so bad

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Caseofcups*

Quote:
so we give him 2 years in Hamilton and we fire him in 3 years in Montreal? this must be the new 5 yr plan?

All kiding aside. He would be a great addition to the organization.

Caseofcups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 05:35 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
My point was to hire him as the head coach , but to give him Lemaire as his assistant . ( since Lemaire doesn't want to deal with the medias ) . Lemaire would be a kind of mentor , so that his lack of pro experience wouldn't be that important . That said , i agree that the chance the Habs do those moves are really slim !

Quote:
It's 100% sure he'll be coaching Hamilton next year.

I'm interested in what that means for Lever's career with us.
It isn't that sure he will be there , because there are more than one team interested by the guy . If one of these team proposes him a post in the NHL ( as an assistant - coach or head coach) , he could decide to sign there .

Last edited by goalchenyuk: 05-17-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old
05-17-2009, 05:48 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:

It isn't that sure he will be there , because there are more than one team interested by the guy . If one of these team proposes him a post in the NHL ( as an assistant - coach or head coach) , he could decide to sign there .
I've heard that it's currently the worst kept secret in Jr. hockey. He wants to be part of our organization and we made it happen. I'd even bet money on it... once the Memorial Cup is over the press release will be out almost immediately announcing him as the Bulldogs coach.

Old
05-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Caseofcups*

Quote:
I've heard that it's currently the worst kept secret in Jr. hockey. He wants to be part of our organization and we made it happen. I'd even bet money on it... once the Memorial Cup is over the press release will be out almost immediately announcing him as the Bulldogs coach.
Good news

Caseofcups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Little Nilan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Brett Sutter hasn't looked so bad
There's a significant difference between Sutter going to New Jersey and Boucher going to Montreal imo.

Old
05-17-2009, 07:09 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Not to be insensitive, but did Guy Boucher get the scar on his cheek in hockey? It's a pretty bad ass scar.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Not to be insensitive, but did Guy Boucher get the scar on his cheek in hockey? It's a pretty bad ass scar.
I always wanted a coach who looked like a mean mercenary

Iwishihadacup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Chazz

very good addition to the Habs organization.

A few years in Hamilton, then he will join the big club.

Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote