HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes in FA Game #3

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-17-2009, 05:57 PM
  #1
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,050
vCash: 500
Coyotes in FA Game #3

Decided to make this a thread instead of clogging the off-season cap-hit one.

Don't ask me why (or I'll have to admit it was the Guinness and Bushmills a few nights ago) but I agreed to get involved in one of the HF mocks. Coyotes were one of two teams still needing a GM so I figured, why not?

We're in the period of making offers to our own RFAs and UFAs, making trades, and planning for the draft. Others free agents can be signed beginning July 1.

So far it's not as stupid as some others I've seen, signings are reasonable and trades must go through a committee (i.e. Mikko Koivu is NOT leaving Minnesota for a pick )

I'm planning on approaching this very realistically from the Coyotes perspective. If anyone wants to join my staff PM me. I have received permission to shop Jovo to nine teams he's agreed to go to. All nine are legitimate Cup contenders, some this year and some next. Already received an offer from New Jersey of Rolston, Mottau and Devils 3rd rounder. Rejected Mottau as we already have him and his name is David Hale Trying to avoid Rolston for some others less expensive. The NJD GM wants a balanced salary deal so I'm looking at other option besides Rolston. Edmonton asked about Doan and I passed. Did mention Turris, Mueller, and Boedker could be had in an overwhelming offer, the Edm GM said wasn't interested in any of those guys at any price ...OK, so maybe not all the GMs are approaching this realistically.

Oh, and Calgary is keeping its 2009 1st.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 08:07 PM
  #2
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,050
vCash: 500
Have a starting point in dealing Jovo:

Zubruis would be coming here. Thoughts on how to expand to get it done?

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 08:16 PM
  #3
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,739
vCash: 500
Why would you trade a bad contract with two years left for a bad contract with four years left? Especially when it leaves one position totally decimated? You do know, by the way, that Jovo has outscored Zubrus over the last couple of seasons, right? Since Zubrus signed his deal, actually. Also, Zubrus has zero goals in his last 27 post season games, and two points total, in his last twelve. Steve Reinprecht will cost you half as much, sign for a shorter term, produce more points, and won't come at the cost of a top pairing, power play quarter back.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 09:24 PM
  #4
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Why would you trade a bad contract with two years left for a bad contract with four years left? Especially when it leaves one position totally decimated? You do know, by the way, that Jovo has outscored Zubrus over the last couple of seasons, right? Since Zubrus signed his deal, actually. Also, Zubrus has zero goals in his last 27 post season games, and two points total, in his last twelve. Steve Reinprecht will cost you half as much, sign for a shorter term, produce more points, and won't come at the cost of a top pairing, power play quarter back.
Already re-signed Rhino for a year at last year's salary.

On Zubruis:
1) He's locked up for 4 years at $3.4 per. Saves us $2.6M against the cap this year and next.
2) Younger than Jovo
3) At 6'5" 225 is a big forward
3) Two-way player, particularly on the D end. Strong on the PK.
4) Modest offensive player (30-50 point guy)
5) Adds a physical presence
6) Deal won't happen until replacement for Jovo is locked up.

Sheesh, RT. Thought you were on the "dump Jovo" bandwagon. Guess not

Constructive suggestions, please. Is NJD a bad trade partner? Tried to get Oduya or Clemmensen in package, but can't pry away.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 09:39 PM
  #5
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,050
vCash: 500
Two updates:
Getzky has resigned as Coach and moved upstairs to work with Maloney, Muckler, and new ownership.

We have hired Manitoba Moose Coach Scott Arniel to replace him.

Arniel is an 11-year NHL veteran having spent 6 of his 11 years with the Winnipeg Jets. He spent four years as an Assistant Coach under Lindy Ruff in Buffalo (2002-2006) until hired to lead the Moose. In his 3 years years he has compiled a 140-77-24 record and was named AHL Coach of the Year this past season.

Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed

We resigned the following free agents:

Steven Reinprecht, 1 year, $2M ($200k incentive if reaches 40 points in 2009/10 season)
Ken Klee, 1 year, $1M ($100k incentive if reaches 70 games played in 2009/10 season)

Scottie Upshall, 3 years, $6M ($2M per)
Petr Prucha, 3 years, $5.4M ($1.8 per)
Enver Lisin, 1 year, $1M
Nigel Dawes, 2 years $1.3M ($650k per)
Daniel Winnik, 1 year, $600k
Joakim Lindstrom, 1 year, $600k
Keith Yandle, 2 years, $3.5M ($1.5M year 1, $2M year 2)
Josh Tordjman, 2 years, $1.2M ($600k per)


Let it rip.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 09:53 PM
  #6
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RousselRising View Post
Sheesh, RT. Thought you were on the "dump Jovo" bandwagon. Guess not
Nope. Not unless we can find someone to run our power play and also play first pairing minutes, without giving up much in return. So, in other words...nope.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 10:05 PM
  #7
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey
 
mouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Mountain
Posts: 11,475
vCash: 500
Apologies guys, meant to move the mock draft posts from the offseason thread to here, but accidentally merged them instead. (yeah, I'm still learning some of the buttons)

Moved the merged post over. Will see if I can get the OP name corrected.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 10:06 PM
  #8
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RousselRising View Post
Let it rip.
The Arniel hiring looks solid on the surface. I like that he spent time under Ruff, and so would the Coyotes. Also, it's hard to argue his record with the Moose. Then again, they were pretty good already when he took over for Alain Vigneault. I don't really know anything about what kind of coach he is, or whether he'd be a good fit for our team. If he's like Ruff, than he would be. Like I said, I don't really know much about him. I will say, though, that ANYONE is better than Gretzky. So, I like the hire.

I'm glad Klee is back. Reinprecht, I'd probably wait on. See if we can't figure out some upgrade, and then, if he's still unsigned(a good possibility) kick the tires and see if we can't work something out. One year at two million is a damn good deal, though.

Guys like Lindstrom, Dawes, Winnik, I'd see if they were willing to take two-way deals. If not, I'd probably use them as sweetener in other trades, or just let them walk. Lindstrom, I might come back to, if we can't do better, and he's not signed elsewhere.

I can't really weigh in on the Prucha, Upshall, and Yandle deals because I'm not sure when they are UFA eligible. Prucha's deal seems a little long and Upshall's a little rich, but then again, each summer gets tougher, it seems. Lisin's deal seems about right. Either produce and get big raise next summer, or don't and it's Dosvedanya back to Russia.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 10:12 PM
  #9
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,739
vCash: 500
With regards to Arniel...

http://www.nhldigest.com/tag/lindy-ruff/

...seems like he's pretty into the Regier/Ruff thing. I know our organization sort of looks up to those guys, too. So if Gretzky and his staff is really out, but most of the rest of the managment, ect. are still in, perhaps Arniel would be someone they'd take a long look at.

A bit OT: I wonder if maybe Guy Boucher's amazing turn around of Drummondville and that lethal power play he's given them and the Canadian U20 team might draw some interest from us. Even if we hang onto Gretzky and just can Ulf, perhaps Boucher is a guy we may look at to be an "assistant" coach(sort of like how Tocchet was actually the head coach in all but name during Granato's days as HC in Colorado). Boucher said he chose to go to Drummondville because everyone told him that it was a "graveyard" for coaches and he had no chance for success there. He likes a challenge. Moving up to the NHL and trying to completely rebuild the worst power play in the league for a laughing stock team seems like a challenge right up his alley. Arniel may hold out of a head coaching position in the NHL, because somebody will probably offer sooner than later. Boucher, though, probably will be forced to be an assistant for at least some amount of time before he gets a chance at a head coaching job in the NHL.


Last edited by rt: 05-17-2009 at 10:18 PM.
rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 10:15 PM
  #10
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
Apologies guys, meant to move the mock draft posts from the offseason thread to here, but accidentally merged them instead. (yeah, I'm still learning some of the buttons)

Moved the merged post over. Will see if I can get the OP name corrected.
If it's my bad, sorry Mouser. Figured the specificity of this topic didn't need to muck up the existing threads. And figured the only feedback I'd get would be from RT responding, "ARE YOU CRAZY?"

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 10:22 PM
  #11
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey
 
mouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Mountain
Posts: 11,475
vCash: 500
Okay, fixed it: Here are the earlier posts (merged)


Don't ask me why (or I'll have to admit it was the Guinness and Bushmills a few nights ago) but I agreed to get involved in one of the HF mocks. Coyotes were one of two teams still needing a GM so I figured, why not?

We're in the period of making offers to our own RFAs and UFAs, making trades, and planning for the draft. Others free agents can be signed beginning July 1.

So far it's not as stupid as some others I've seen, signings are reasonable and trades must go through a committee (i.e. Mikko Koivu is NOT leaving Minnesota for a pick )

I'm planning on approaching this very realistically from the Coyotes perspective. If anyone wants to join my staff PM me. I have received permission to shop Jovo to nine teams he's agreed to go to. All nine are legitimate Cup contenders, some this year and some next. Already received an offer from New Jersey of Rolston, Mottau and Devils 3rd rounder. Rejected Mottau as we already have him and his name is David Hale Trying to avoid Rolston for some others less expensive. The NJD GM wants a balanced salary deal so I'm looking at other option besides Rolston. Edmonton asked about Doan and I passed. Did mention Turris, Mueller, and Boedker could be had in an overwhelming offer, the Edm GM said wasn't interested in any of those guys at any price ...OK, so maybe not all the GMs are approaching this realistically.

Oh, and Calgary is keeping its 2009 1st

So if you trade Jovo for a bunch of garbage, who is supposed to run our power play? Also, wouldn't a top three of Michalek, Sauer, and Yandle be the worst in the entire NHL?

RousselRising...which mock is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
So if you trade Jovo for a bunch of garbage, who is supposed to run our power play? Also, wouldn't a top three of Michalek, Sauer, and Yandle be the worst in the entire NHL?
Won't move him for garbage. Have a little more faith Working on another deal for Souray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
RousselRising...which mock is it?
FA Game #3

What would you give to get Krejci?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RousselRising View Post
Won't move him for garbage. Have a little more faith
Rolston, at his pricetag, considering his age and production, is garbage. Worse than garbage. You can throw out garbage. Rolston you'd be stuck with. He's 36 years old, owed fifteen million dollars over the next three years, and is coming off of a fifteen goal, thirty point season. That may be one of the top three worst contracts in the game. At the moment, and barring a bounce back season, of course. Very few men have bounce back seasons at age 37.
Quote:
Working on another deal for Souray.
This makes more sense. Obviously depending on the return, however. Is whatever your going to give up worth the upgrade from Jovo to Souray? That seems nearly impossible to me, but maybe you've got something really good worked out.

Why are you so keen on moving Jovo? He's the only veteren puck mover on the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RousselRising View Post
What would you give to get Krejci?
Not enough.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 10:24 PM
  #12
ducky
Registered User
 
ducky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Home of Kokanee Beer
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RousselRising View Post
Two updates:
Getzky has resigned as Coach and moved upstairs to work with Maloney, Muckler, and new ownership.

We have hired Manitoba Moose Coach Scott Arniel to replace him.

Arniel is an 11-year NHL veteran having spent 6 of his 11 years with the Winnipeg Jets. He spent four years as an Assistant Coach under Lindy Ruff in Buffalo (2002-2006) until hired to lead the Moose. In his 3 years years he has compiled a 140-77-24 record and was named AHL Coach of the Year this past season.

Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed

We resigned the following free agents:

Steven Reinprecht, 1 year, $2M ($200k incentive if reaches 40 points in 2009/10 season)
Ken Klee, 1 year, $1M ($100k incentive if reaches 70 games played in 2009/10 season)

Scottie Upshall, 3 years, $6M ($2M per)
Petr Prucha, 3 years, $5.4M ($1.8 per)
Enver Lisin, 1 year, $1M
Nigel Dawes, 2 years $1.3M ($650k per)
Daniel Winnik, 1 year, $600k
Joakim Lindstrom, 1 year, $600k
Keith Yandle, 2 years, $3.5M ($1.5M year 1, $2M year 2)
Josh Tordjman, 2 years, $1.2M ($600k per)


Let it rip.
I like your mock moves so far.

If you are trading Jovo you better have a plan to get another top 3 dman.

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 10:57 PM
  #13
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
The Arniel hiring looks solid on the surface. I like that he spent time under Ruff, and so would the Coyotes. Also, it's hard to argue his record with the Moose. Then again, they were pretty good already when he took over for Alain Vigneault. I don't really know anything about what kind of coach he is, or whether he'd be a good fit for our team. If he's like Ruff, than he would be. Like I said, I don't really know much about him. I will say, though, that ANYONE is better than Gretzky. So, I like the hire.
Thanks. Did a lot of research and Ruff was not happy to lose him. There was talk of him being groomed to succeed Ruff, if they could keep him out of the spotlight. But the Moose called and Ruff wanted him to get his shot as a head coach, and he did not disappoint. I also liked the Winnipeg connection. If we're going to stay here it's a good PR move. And he has no ties to TGO . I did look at your guy Jackson, but ultimately decided Arniel was on more radar screens of other NHL teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'm glad Klee is back. Reinprecht, I'd probably wait on. See if we can't figure out some upgrade, and then, if he's still unsigned(a good possibility) kick the tires and see if we can't work something out. One year at two million is a damn good deal, though.
Klee I wanted because Hale is gone. He'll be dealt, waived or sent down (we can send one vet down who clears waivers; my guess is Hale, but maybe Fedoruk). Neither is in our plans for next year. A few teams are looking for a modestly-priced veteran center coming back in a deal, so I felt it better to lock up Rhino at $2M for the same reason you mentioned: "a damn good deal."

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Guys like Lindstrom, Dawes, Winnik, I'd see if they were willing to take two-way deals. If not, I'd probably use them as sweetener in other trades, or just let them walk. Lindstrom, I might come back to, if we can't do better, and he's not signed elsewhere.
I tried. F***ing agents! Getting two-ways approved is near impossible. Even followed Maloney's hope that Lisin would sign a two-way deal. No go. TGO may have soured but I haven't. And I think $1M is a bargain for a guy who has 50-60-point potential if he plays every night and has some beef supporting him on the other wing. And we have the cap room.
Winnik, I was going to pass on. Then attempted a two-way which his agent rejected. Signed him for a year and will try and sell his two-way potential. At $600k a risk I figured we could afford.
Dawes, just cannot give up on him. He was hot and cold for us after the deadline but, if he comes into camp knowing he has a shot on a regular line, I think we may see the kid who has delivered at every other level. A month in Phoenix after years in New York wasn't enough time in my mind. We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I can't really weigh in on the Prucha, Upshall, and Yandle deals because I'm not sure when they are UFA eligible. Prucha's deal seems a little long and Upshall's a little rich, but then again, each summer gets tougher, it seems. Lisin's deal seems about right. Either produce and get big raise next summer, or don't and it's Dosvedanya back to Russia.
Upshall and Prucha deals are a bit rich. But based on the chemistry they showed with Lombardi I felt it worth the risk. And I was getting inquiries. If it was from one team I'd have been suspicious, but it was 3-4, so I was happy to secure each for 3 years. Also felt it would show a commitment to Lombardi who is a UFA after next year. He loved centering that line and if that success continues I expect him to look forward to re-signing knowing his linemates are locked up through the 2011 season.
Yandle's agent wouldn't come off $6.75M for 3 years, so I opted for two years at half the price. I really debated this one and it may end up costing if he progresses as I think many of us suspect.

Hope I'm not sounding like I think I really have this job , but if you're going to play a game like this, play it like you would in real life. Unlike the SJ and Mtl GMs. Sharks dealt Michalek, Clowe and Ehrhoff to Mtl for Price, Andre Kostitsyn and LaPierre. And yes, SJ still has Nabokov. Does that now increase or decrease EN's trade value?

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 11:04 PM
  #14
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
With regards to Arniel...

http://www.nhldigest.com/tag/lindy-ruff/

...seems like he's pretty into the Regier/Ruff thing. I know our organization sort of looks up to those guys, too. So if Gretzky and his staff is really out, but most of the rest of the managment, ect. are still in, perhaps Arniel would be someone they'd take a long look at.

A bit OT: I wonder if maybe Guy Boucher's amazing turn around of Drummondville and that lethal power play he's given them and the Canadian U20 team might draw some interest from us. Even if we hang onto Gretzky and just can Ulf, perhaps Boucher is a guy we may look at to be an "assistant" coach(sort of like how Tocchet was actually the head coach in all but name during Granato's days as HC in Colorado). Boucher said he chose to go to Drummondville because everyone told him that it was a "graveyard" for coaches and he had no chance for success there. He likes a challenge. Moving up to the NHL and trying to completely rebuild the worst power play in the league for a laughing stock team seems like a challenge right up his alley. Arniel may hold out of a head coaching position in the NHL, because somebody will probably offer sooner than later. Boucher, though, probably will be forced to be an assistant for at least some amount of time before he gets a chance at a head coaching job in the NHL.
Interesting you mention Tocchet. TBL canned him for Pat Quinn (Quinn was old even when I was a kid ). Thought of Tocchet as HC but didn't want to look back. Chose Arniel instead. Boucher available. Maybe he's the right AC to work with Arniel?

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 11:14 PM
  #15
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
I like your mock moves so far.

If you are trading Jovo you better have a plan to get another top 3 dman.
Won't move Jovo unless another deal in place. Edm won't move Souray, will move Gilbert or Staios. They're pushing Staios, but I won't bite. Gilbert interests me. Also looking to Minnesota. D is their strength, O is the weakness. If they re-sign Gaborik they may have interest in moving someone like Burns, Johnsson or Zidlicky. I'm still planning on making a run at Gaborik come July 1.

On the Krejci deal, he wants to start with our 1st, or Mueller, or Boedker. I've been noticeably quiet. He can sign Krejci for 2 years $9M ($4.5 per) or 5 years $27.5M ($5.5M per). Seems more like Kessel number to me.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 11:37 PM
  #16
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise
 
SuperDave21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,488
vCash: 500
Wow, brilliant job so far! I like where you're going so far and I think if you can pull the trigger on a Jovo trade with a top 3 dman signing to go with it, I just might kiss you. Seriously. You got rid of TGO and replaced him with a Jets former. Nicely done. Keep us updated!

SuperDave21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 04:53 PM
  #17
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,050
vCash: 500
Minnesota just traded:
Brent Burns
Pascal Dupuis
James Sheppard
Rights to Gaborik
12th Overall pick

to Tampa Bay for
Vincent Lecavalier

Cammy signed with Pittsburgh, 9 years $42.75M

Giguere to Edmonton for
Penner
Schremp
3rd rounder 2009

I'm still focused on our specific needs as outlined by Maloney. Have received several goofy proposals.
Penguins acquired Kobasew and offered him and the #28th overall pick for Lombardi and our #20th pick (if Calgary changes its mind and sends it our way. I politely declined.


Last edited by RR: 05-18-2009 at 05:01 PM.
RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 04:57 PM
  #18
yakko
Registered User
 
yakko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RousselRising View Post
Minnesota just traded:
Brent Burns
Pascal Dupuis
James Sheppard
Rights to Gaborik
12th Overall pick

to Tampa Bay for
Vincent Lecavalier
Not that I have any idea what is going on here, but doesn't Pascal Dupuis play for Pittsburgh?

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 05:09 PM
  #19
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
Not that I have any idea what is going on here, but doesn't Pascal Dupuis play for Pittsburgh?
It's a Fantasy Mock game and I'm GM'ing the Coyotes. Dupuis was acquired in a previous deal. Just keeping anyone interested updated on some of the deals going down.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 06:38 PM
  #20
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,050
vCash: 500
Thoughts on Chris Clark from Washington? Caps agree to take Fedoruk and want Tordjman. I'd be looking for a pick to come this way with Clark.

He's an injury risk, but his O upside is better than Fedoruk, has excellent speed, a banger, strong on the PK, and a good leader.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 07:19 PM
  #21
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,050
vCash: 500
Edmonton just offered Horcoff and its 2nd round pick (#10) for Mueller.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 07:32 PM
  #22
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 14,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RousselRising View Post
Thoughts on Chris Clark from Washington? Caps agree to take Fedoruk and want Tordjman. I'd be looking for a pick to come this way with Clark.

He's an injury risk, but his O upside is better than Fedoruk, has excellent speed, a banger, strong on the PK, and a good leader.
Not a terrible Idea but what about the Goalie situation then? We can't go into the season with just Montoya without a third option.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 07:44 PM
  #23
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Not a terrible Idea but what about the Goalie situation then? We can't go into the season with just Montoya without a third option.
Working on some other deals to address that. Kevin Weekes, Schneider, Craig Anderson, Dan Ellis. Even talking to SJ about Nabokov. Sharks traded Michalek, Clowe and Ehrhoff to Montreal for Carey Price, Andrei Kostitsyn, and Maxim Lapierre.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 08:11 PM
  #24
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RousselRising View Post
Working on some other deals to address that. Kevin Weekes, Schneider, Craig Anderson, Dan Ellis. Even talking to SJ about Nabokov. Sharks traded Michalek, Clowe and Ehrhoff to Montreal for Carey Price, Andrei Kostitsyn, and Maxim Lapierre.
I wouldn't go after Nabokov, personally. Too much money, and we've got our own young starter. I'd rather see how Bryz pans out. I've got faith. Weekes is quality veteren back-up. The problem is, what do we do with him if Montoya earns the gig? I suppose we could stick Monty in S.A. until a team runs into goalie issues and we're able to move Weekes to them.

Quote:
Thoughts on Chris Clark from Washington? Caps agree to take Fedoruk and want Tordjman. I'd be looking for a pick to come this way with Clark.

He's an injury risk, but his O upside is better than Fedoruk, has excellent speed, a banger, strong on the PK, and a good leader.
Not a bad gamble. Get them to take Hale, and I'd think about. Clark is an injury mess and he's not getting any younger, but Fedoruk makes like 1.1 the next two years and Clark makes like 2.6 each of the last two on his deal. So, your getting him for 1.5, which isn't too bad. Of course we couldn't expect him to put up near the numbers here that he has on that talented Washington team, but if he can stay relatively healthy, pot half a point a game, or so(even like 18g 15a), help out the PK, provide veteren leadership, and defend his teammates, than 1.5 is a bargain. The staying healthy part is the tricky aspect, of course. He's missed almost two whole years with wrist and groin injuries(insert masturbation joke here). He does fit perfectly with that new "hard working" identity we're trying to build these days, though.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 08:41 PM
  #25
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I wouldn't go after Nabokov, personally. Too much money, and we've got our own young starter. I'd rather see how Bryz pans out. I've got faith. Weekes is quality veteren back-up. The problem is, what do we do with him if Montoya earns the gig? I suppose we could stick Monty in S.A. until a team runs into goalie issues and we're able to move Weekes to them.



Not a bad gamble. Get them to take Hale, and I'd think about. Clark is an injury mess and he's not getting any younger, but Fedoruk makes like 1.1 the next two years and Clark makes like 2.6 each of the last two on his deal. So, your getting him for 1.5, which isn't too bad. Of course we couldn't expect him to put up near the numbers here that he has on that talented Washington team, but if he can stay relatively healthy, pot half a point a game, or so(even like 18g 15a), help out the PK, provide veteren leadership, and defend his teammates, than 1.5 is a bargain. The staying healthy part is the tricky aspect, of course. He's missed almost two whole years with wrist and groin injuries(insert masturbation joke here). He does fit perfectly with that new "hard working" identity we're trying to build these days, though.
Inquired on Nabby just to see how cheap they'd go to move him. Ellis or Anderson are my preference since Maloney said he wanted a G to push Bryz. Ellis and Anderson are potential #1s; Weekes will always be, IMO, a backup.

On the Clark deal I included Fedoruk for the reason you stated. I tried to expand it to get Oskar Osala coming back this way but the Caps GM says they're counting in him to replace Clark. My current offer is Tordjman and Fedoruk for Clark and Caps 4th (will take 5th if he counters it).

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.