HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Coyotes in FA Game #3

Old
05-18-2009, 08:54 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Of course that does leave us with a ton forwards on one-way deals. Fedoruk, you can sit. Clark, not so much. Same goes for Reinprecht. Prust, you can send down, I suppose. So, what does your roster look like if you do that deal?

Doan-Reinprecht-Mueller
Upshall-Lombardi-Prucha
Tikhonov-Hanzal-Clark
Lindstrom-Turris-Boedker
Dawes-Winnik-Lisin

The league's third worst offense doesn't look a whole lot better, either.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 09:26 PM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Of course that does leave us with a ton forwards on one-way deals. Fedoruk, you can sit. Clark, not so much. Same goes for Reinprecht. Prust, you can send down, I suppose. So, what does your roster look like if you do that deal?

Doan-Reinprecht-Mueller
Upshall-Lombardi-Prucha
Tikhonov-Hanzal-Clark
Lindstrom-Turris-Boedker
Dawes-Winnik-Lisin

Reinprecht may go. I locked him up at $2M and hope to move him for something. Figured when cap hits start to tighten a veteran like Reinprecht can fit. Dawes, Lindstrom, Winnik being shopped. Prust will defintely start in SA. Also not opposed to start Turris in SA either. Getting a lot of requests for Mueller, but will need to be blown away to move him.

I'm seeing as my goal:
Doan-1st line center-Mueller/scoring winger
Upshall-Lombardi-Prucha
Tikhonov-Hanzal-Clark
Lisin-Rhino/Mueller/Turris-Boedker

Dawes-Winnik-Lindstrom

On Defense
Jovanovski-Yandle
Michalek-Sauer
Klee
Looking to acquire two of the following: Beauchamein, Ohlund, Lydman, Leopold, Boucher, Lee (Ott), Mark Stuart, Duncan Keith, Alexandre Picard, Jack Johnson, Vandermeer (available on waivers), and Bieksa.

Other suggestions welcome.

Prust will definitely start down. I'm not opposed to Turris, Lindstrom, can expecting to move him

AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 09:26 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:

Doan-Reinprecht-Mueller
Upshall-Lombardi-Prucha
Tikhonov-Hanzal-Clark
Lindstrom-Turris-Boedker
Dawes-Winnik-Lisin

I have to agree with rt here...as usual. I think getting rid of Fedoruk is great and needed, but if we're getting back Clark in exchange, I'm not seeing a whole lot of difference. Again, we're getting rid of a hole in the ice in Fedoruk so I take the chance on Clark if we can. It's a gamble to trade away Tjordman so early on because he has potential. However, he didn't impress me with the outings I watched so I have no problem with giving him away.

I still can't believe the Tampa trade for Vinny. It seemed like massive overpayment but hey if you can pull the trigger...

SuperDave21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 09:31 PM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pck21 View Post
I have to agree with rt here...as usual. I think getting rid of Fedoruk is great and needed, but if we're getting back Clark in exchange, I'm not seeing a whole lot of difference. Again, we're getting rid of a hole in the ice in Fedoruk so I take the chance on Clark if we can. It's a gamble to trade away Tjordman so early on because he has potential. However, he didn't impress me with the outings I watched so I have no problem with giving him away.

I still can't believe the Tampa trade for Vinny. It seemed like massive overpayment but hey if you can pull the trigger...
Agreed on Vinny. Some pretty ridiculous deals tend to go down. There is little interest in our young guys or prospects, and Doan and Mueller are the only ones being inquired about. I'm inclined to keep prodding and figure eventually these crazy deals are going to land teams in cap hell, and we'll be ready to pounce and take some quality $3M talent and move some of cheaper forwards, prospects and picks.

Old
05-18-2009, 09:34 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by RousselRising View Post
Reinprecht may go. I locked him up at $2M and hope to move him for something. Figured when cap hits start to tighten a veteran like Reinprecht can fit. Dawes, Lindstrom, Winnik being shopped. Prust will defintely start in SA. Also not opposed to start Turris in SA either. Getting a lot of requests for Mueller, but will need to be blown away to move him.

I'm seeing as my goal:
Doan-1st line center-Mueller/scoring winger
Upshall-Lombardi-Prucha
Tikhonov-Hanzal-Clark
Lisin-Rhino/Mueller/Turris-Boedker

Dawes-Winnik-Lindstrom

On Defense
Jovanovski-Yandle
Michalek-Sauer
Klee
Looking to acquire two of the following: Beauchamein, Ohlund, Lydman, Leopold, Boucher, Lee (Ott), Mark Stuart, Duncan Keith, Alexandre Picard, Jack Johnson, Vandermeer (available on waivers), and Bieksa.

Other suggestions welcome.

Prust will definitely start down. I'm not opposed to Turris, Lindstrom, can expecting to move him
Damn sorry to hear that Lindstrom and Dawes are being shopped but that's the way it goes. I think Turris should start in SA too just for experience and more confidence exposure. I like what you're doing thus far so keep it up!

As far as those Dmen go...man if you can get Keith, Beauchamein, Ohlund, or Leopold, I would be happy.

Old
05-18-2009, 09:37 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:
Agreed on Vinny. Some pretty ridiculous deals tend to go down. There is little interest in our young guys or prospects, and Doan and Mueller are the only ones being inquired about. I'm inclined to keep prodding and figure eventually these crazy deals are going to land teams in cap hell, and we'll be ready to pounce and take some quality $3M talent and move some of cheaper forwards, prospects and picks.
Bingo!

Glad to see where your head is at here. Very well done. At this point Doan is untouchable in my eyes and Mueller should only be traded away for massive overpayment that includes a hell of a Dman, tender, and 1st line center. No one will do that, but at this point...who really knows.

Keep poking around and see what's what with some of those teams. I'm sure that once they give away the farm, they're definitely going to be in cap trouble and we'll be there with a net to swoop up some good low risk, high reward type players. Keep us posted!

Old
05-18-2009, 09:44 PM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Bingo!

Glad to see where your head is at here. Very well done. At this point Doan is untouchable in my eyes and Mueller should only be traded away for massive overpayment that includes a hell of a Dman, tender, and 1st line center. No one will do that, but at this point...who really knows.

Keep poking around and see what's what with some of those teams. I'm sure that once they give away the farm, they're definitely going to be in cap trouble and we'll be there with a net to swoop up some good low risk, high reward type players. Keep us posted!
San Jose offered Marleau for Doan straight up

Boston wanted Mueller, Boedker and our 1st (#6) for Krejci, Ward and Axelson

Asked Nashville what it wanted for Arnott or Ellis: only interested in Mueller or Hanzal

Old
05-18-2009, 10:38 PM
AnalogMan

Bouwmeester

It will cost us, but he'll come here if we make a deal for his rights. Florida looking for a 2nd round pick; Bouw seeking $7.5M-$8M for 5-7 years. Too much?

Old
05-18-2009, 10:43 PM
AnalogMan

Ottawa just proposed:
6th and Upshall OR 6th and Lombardi OR 6th and Mueller

for

9th, 3rd in 09, and Picard (add in Jim O'Brien if it's Mueller)

Thoughts? I think it makes us drastically weaker on O, but if anyone feels differently let me know.

Old
05-18-2009, 11:42 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Ottawa just proposed:

for

Thoughts? I think it makes us drastically weaker on O, but if anyone feels differently let me know.
No way, Jose.

Old
05-18-2009, 11:55 PM
AnalogMan

Quote:
No way, Jose.
My feelings exactly, but when our core is involved I will always check with my staff

Clark deal is getting close: Clark and a 5th for Tjordman, Fedoruk and Hale

Old
05-18-2009, 11:57 PM
AnalogMan

Quote:
No way, Jose.
thoughts on JB? How much is too much in your opinion?

Old
05-19-2009, 12:35 AM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:
Ottawa just proposed:

for

Oh god no. Just hang up the phone right now. I'm serious, put it down.

Quote:
My feelings exactly, but when our core is involved I will always check with my staff

Clark deal is getting close: Clark and a 5th for Tjordman, Fedoruk and Hale
Haha well I'm glad I'm sorta considered "staff!" Look at me ma! Things are looking up!

Dude, if you can pull off getting rid of Fedoruk AND Hale in the same deal, you're some sort of saint. Still, I'm asking myself why a team would take our trash off our hands so easily... I don't know, but something doesn't seem right to me.

Old
05-19-2009, 01:23 AM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
It will cost us, but he'll come here if we make a deal for his rights. Florida looking for a 2nd round pick; Bouw seeking $7.5M-$8M for 5-7 years. Too much?
Haven't read the FA game rules, but I think Bouw is playing us

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 01:32 AM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Oh god no. Just hang up the phone right now. I'm serious, put it down.

Haha well I'm glad I'm sorta considered "staff!" Look at me ma! Things are looking up!

Dude, if you can pull off getting rid of Fedoruk AND Hale in the same deal, you're some sort of saint. Still, I'm asking myself why a team would take our trash off our hands so easily... I don't know, but something doesn't seem right to me.
1) He REALLY wants Tjordman
2) Clark is a huge injury risk and we're taking $5.1M off his hands in exchange for $3M. At $1M per year for 2 years Clark is worth the gamble for us.
3) Caps are desperate to clear cap space. My guess is he'll send all three down and either make a push for a FA or re-sign or extend one of his stars.
4) Could waive TF or Hale and hope they get claimed, further reducing his cap number. If he waives Clark unlikely someone will take him at $2.65M.
4) He's also looking to dump Theodore and clear space. Sees Josh as his #3
5) TF for 2 years and Hale for 1 is the only way I'd take Clark. He's likely not getting other offers.

I'm also close on Lydman from Buffalo, Picard from Ottawa, and Bouwmeester. None will cost us any core players.

Still trying for Pavelski, Stajan, or another faceoff monster. San Jose is really shopping Cheechoo to us, but I'm focusing on Pavelski.

Nashville wants Mueller or Hanzal in a deal for Ellis or Arnott , and Chicago insists Keith is "untouchable." We'll see what happens when he re-signs Havlat, as he wants to re-sign Khabi.
He's trying to deal Campbell and his ridiculous $7.1M deal (Bouwmeester will cost us $7.5M-$8M per), but will not succeed. He'll soon find himself in cap hell and need to consider dealing Byfuglien, Barker or Keith. And I'll be waiting there, "just like a spider."

I know this is ridiculously unrealistic, but it is a blast. Will be holding the draft soon, followed by FA signings. Stay tuned. We'll build a winner here yet...even if it is only fantasy.

See you in court Tuesday, if you'll be there.

Old
05-19-2009, 03:44 AM
AnalogMan

Staff, weigh in please:

To Ottawa: 1rst (6th overall), 2nd (36th overall), 5th (156th overall)

To Phoenix: 1rst (9th overall), 2nd CLB (46th overall), Alex Picard

I like the Picard upside. At #9 can take a flyer on O prospect. Plus still working on a 3rd we moved in Lombo deal, and we still have 2 #4s.

Old
05-19-2009, 09:45 AM
ducky

Good job on the Clark proposal. It would be an addition by subtraction deal.

Adding Jay-Bo at that price ($7.5) is a bit risky but immediately improves our overall game - especially the transition game. And in these troubled times for the franchise it would be a good PR move to say, "Hey, we are serious!"

For a goalie, I like the idea of signing Anderson. Sounds like Ellis would cost too much.

For the Ottawa deal it sounds like they really want the #6 pick. I am not sure Picard is worth the drop to 9th when we are also switching 2nd round picks.

What is happening with Jovo? Any feelers?

Any sniffs from the Bruins? They are in cap trouble. Savard may be available?

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 11:04 AM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:
Staff, weigh in please:

I like the Picard upside. At #9 can take a flyer on O prospect. Plus still working on a 3rd we moved in Lombo deal, and we still have 2 #4s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
Good job on the Clark proposal. It would be an addition by subtraction deal.

Adding Jay-Bo at that price ($7.5) is a bit risky but immediately improves our overall game - especially the transition game. And in these troubled times for the franchise it would be a good PR move to say, "Hey, we are serious!"

For a goalie, I like the idea of signing Anderson. Sounds like Ellis would cost too much.

For the Ottawa deal it sounds like they really want the #6 pick. I am not sure Picard is worth the drop to 9th when we are also switching 2nd round picks.

What is happening with Jovo? Any feelers?

Any sniffs from the Bruins? They are in cap trouble. Savard may be available?
Damn, ducky beat me to it! I need to stop sleeping or something because as soon as I see a proposal, someone chimes in before I do and it's basically what I was thinking .

I like Picard. I do. I just don't know about swapping 1sts in this particular draft. Sure it's only 3 spots, but still, is Picard worth that much? It's a tough call. I like his upside though...

This might be asking for too much, but if they really want that 1st rounder (and it sounds like they do) see if you couldn't grab another late round pick...like switching 5 rounders as well. I think that would be more even, especially in this year's draft.

Like ducky said, the B's are in cap trouble so they might be willing to give away a decent player or two for a very low price.

Old
05-19-2009, 12:12 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
thoughts on JB? How much is too much in your opinion?
Well, I'd pay a fortune for the kid, but we don't have an owner at the moment, and I can't see him being the least bit interested in signing here. MAYBE if Balsillie bought the team, and moved it to Hamilton, then, maybe Jay would think about it, and then maybe we could actually afford him.

Old
05-19-2009, 12:27 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Staff, weigh in please:

It's pretty good. Good insurance in case Bouw doesn't sign. His salary is much more realistic, too.

Z-Jovo(or Jay)
Sauer-Yandle
Picard-Klee

Not bad.

Probably be able to get Schroeder or Kadri at nine. Or if you are REALLY, REALLY lucky, maybe Jared Cowen(who I don't really like at six, but would love around nine or ten). All three have great upside and fit that bill of kids we won't rush and can spend a few years developing. I think Schroeder needs another year of college(I actually think he'd be better off going to the CHL, next season, but that won't happen, and then he'll also probably need a year in the AHL). Kadri needs another year or two in the OHL and then perhaps a year in the AHL. Cowen will need much of next year just to get back on track. Then probably another year in the WHL to develop, and then he'll probably be ready for the NHL the year after that. Scott Glennie might not be a bad pick, there, either. He's definitely got that speed we seem to love, plus he's a hard working, skilled, character, two-way guy. Seems to be a great fit for what Maloney and Co. are saying they want to build here. Plus, he's from Winnipeg.

Old
05-19-2009, 01:10 PM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Damn, ducky beat me to it! I need to stop sleeping or something because as soon as I see a proposal, someone chimes in before I do and it's basically what I was thinking .

I like Picard. I do. I just don't know about swapping 1sts in this particular draft. Sure it's only 3 spots, but still, is Picard worth that much? It's a tough call. I like his upside though...

This might be asking for too much, but if they really want that 1st rounder (and it sounds like they do) see if you couldn't grab another late round pick...like switching 5 rounders as well. I think that would be more even, especially in this year's draft.

Like ducky said, the B's are in cap trouble so they might be willing to give away a decent player or two for a very low price.
Good suggestions, Ducky and Pck21.
Counter to Ottawa:
Phoenix would trade it's 1-6, 2-6, and 6-6 for
Ottawa's 1-9, 2-16 and Picard.
He had proposed our 5th (#156) which is actually our 6th rounder. If he meant our 5th (127) I asked for his 5th (130) or his 5th (146) and 7th (190).
I really like Picard because he's rock solid in every zone. Good on the PK and shows some flash on the PP. Definitely see him as a top 4 guy now, and good for 30 points+ a year as he develops. And at 22, 6'2" 220 he skates well. Could be a bit more physical but I think that will come along. And he's signed for $850k for this season and is an RFA in 2010.

The Bruins GM seems content to keep shooting for overpayments for his RFAs. I'm trying to wear him down because he will hit the cap wall. Still shooting for a scoring center strong in the faceoff circle.
LA will move Stoll for a prospect or pick. He's a good two-way center, 57% in the faceoff circle, and 40-50 points. He's signed for 3 years and total of $10M. His style would fit well here, too.

Old
05-19-2009, 01:25 PM
AnalogMan

Quote:
It's pretty good. Good insurance in case Bouw doesn't sign. His salary is much more realistic, too.

Z-Jovo(or Jay)
Sauer-Yandle
Picard-Klee

Not bad.

Probably be able to get Schroeder or Kadri at nine. Or if you are REALLY, REALLY lucky, maybe Jared Cowen(who I don't really like at six, but would love around nine or ten). All three have great upside and fit that bill of kids we won't rush and can spend a few years developing. I think Schroeder needs another year of college(I actually think he'd be better off going to the CHL, next season, but that won't happen, and then he'll also probably need a year in the AHL). Kadri needs another year or two in the OHL and then perhaps a year in the AHL. Cowen will need much of next year just to get back on track. Then probably another year in the WHL to develop, and then he'll probably be ready for the NHL the year after that. Scott Glennie might not be a bad pick, there, either. He's definitely got that speed we seem to love, plus he's a hard working, skilled, character, two-way guy. Seems to be a great fit for what Maloney and Co. are saying they want to build here. Plus, he's from Winnipeg.
The Ottawa deal is done:
Our 1-6, 2-6 and 6-6 for Sens 1-9, 2-16 and Picard.

I was thinking Kulikov at #9

Actually Cowen or OEL I'd take at #9 if there. Schroeder, Kadri and LeBlanc were my other thougts. Glennie is solid as well. Also like Kassian, but I think #9 may be too high.

Would be interested in your opinions on goalies. It's a down year and we won't reach, but I've been checking out Bobkov, Berube, Roy and Lehner.

Old
05-19-2009, 01:28 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:
Staff, weigh in please:

Quote:
Good suggestions, Ducky and Pck21.
Counter to Ottawa:
Phoenix would trade it's 1-6, 2-6, and 6-6 for
Ottawa's 1-9, 2-16 and Picard.
He had proposed our 5th (#156) which is actually our 6th rounder. If he meant our 5th (127) I asked for his 5th (130) or his 5th (146) and 7th (190).
I really like Picard because he's rock solid in every zone. Good on the PK and shows some flash on the PP. Definitely see him as a top 4 guy now, and good for 30 points+ a year as he develops. And at 22, 6'2" 220 he skates well. Could be a bit more physical but I think that will come along. And he's signed for $850k for this season and is an RFA in 2010.

The Bruins GM seems content to keep shooting for overpayments for his RFAs. I'm trying to wear him down because he will hit the cap wall. Still shooting for a scoring center strong in the faceoff circle.
LA will move Stoll for a prospect or pick. He's a good two-way center, 57% in the faceoff circle, and 40-50 points. He's signed for 3 years and total of $10M. His style would fit well here, too.
I like the Ottawa scenario a great deal. See if you can swing the deal that allows us to get Picard, 1-9, 2-6, 5-130/146, and 7-190. That would be fair value for both sides and after reading your description of Picard (I kinda forgot about him TBH) I like that trade even more for us. Nicely done!

Stoll would be a decent pick up but I don't know if he fits our needs. We need a legit #1 center and I don't believe Stoll can fill that role as a 40 point/year guy. And at 27, I just don't know if he's worth the $3 million a year that he's currently getting. He might also take away a roster spot from one of our younger players too. No question that he's a heck of a player, but maybe just not for us at the moment. What do you think?

I think the Bruins will become desperate here as time goes on. If he/she is overpaying RFAs like you say, they are going to hit some sort of wall fast and hard. I would sit and wait for it to happen and then swoop in and nab some good, young talent right out from under them.

Again, I like where you're going and you seem to have a good "hockey GM" head on your shoulders so keep it up!

Old
05-19-2009, 01:30 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:
The Ottawa deal is done:
Our 1-6, 2-6 and 6-6 for Sens 1-9, 2-16 and Picard.

I was thinking Kulikov at #9

Actually Cowen or OEL I'd take at #9 if there. Schroeder, Kadri and LeBlanc were my other thougts. Glennie is solid as well. Also like Kassian, but I think #9 may be too high.

Would be interested in your opinions on goalies. It's a down year and we won't reach, but I've been checking out Bobkov, Berube, Roy and Lehner.
Damn, too late yet again! Nice deal, I like it!

As far as goalies go, I'm not really sure since I don't pay enough attention to that position in particular. Can someone chime in with thoughts on tenders for us?

Old
05-19-2009, 02:09 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Any word on that Clark deal?