HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes in FA Game #3

Old
05-19-2009, 02:32 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
I just saw your Lydman deal. You absolutely MURDERED the Sabres on that. You basically got him for free. Schlemko is probably not an NHL defenseman, and those fourth and fifth round picks will probably amount to nothing in the NHL, either. Lydman is a little pricey at three million, but he's damn solid and can play twenty plus minutes a night. Plus, he's only got one year left on his deal. You have totally upgraded the crap out of our D corps.

Michalek-Jovanovski
Lydman-Yandle
Sauer-Picard
Klee

That's really damn good. Especially considering that you didn't give up a whole lot. Plus, Lydman and Picard, together, make the same amount Morris did, last season, so it's not totally unthinkable that ownership could green light the moves. Too bad I don't see Buffalo getting ***** like that in real life.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 02:44 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pck21 View Post
Any word on that Clark deal?
It's done:
Clark and a conditional 5th in 2010 (if plays less than 50 games and scores less than 20 goals), otherwise 7th in 2010 for.....................
Tordjman, Fedoruk and Hale

Another deal to announce:
Schlemko and our 4th rounder to Buffalo for Lydman and Sabres' 5th rounder.

Our lines are looking like this:
Doan-Reinprecht (or acquisition)-Mueller (or acquisition)
Prucha-Lombardi-Upshall
Clark-Hanzal-Tikhonov
Boedker-Turris/Mueller/Rhino-Lisin
Dawes, Winnik, Lindstrom

Jovanovski-Lydman
Picard-Michalek
Sauer-Yandle
Klee

Bryzgalov
Montoya

Cap hit: $47.995M

Draft picks:
1-9
1-20 (if Calgary gives it)
2-16
4-14
5-6
5-13
7-6

Still targeting an offensive center with good faceoff skills and a goalie. Rhino, Dawes, Winnik, Lindstrom available, as well as other prospects. Let me know which prospects are 100% untouchable.

I'm not averse to starting Turris in SA. Prust will start in SA.

Also considering a high-scoring wing (Marty St. Louis?) and moving Mueller back to center. Still very focused on center.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 03:09 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by RousselRising View Post
It's done:
Clark and a conditional 5th in 2010 (if plays less than 50 games and scores less than 20 goals), otherwise 7th in 2010 for.....................
Tordjman, Fedoruk and Hale

Another deal to announce:
Schlemko and our 4th rounder to Buffalo for Lydman and Sabres' 5th rounder.

Our lines are looking like this:
Doan-Reinprecht (or acquisition)-Mueller (or acquisition)
Prucha-Lombardi-Upshall
Clark-Hanzal-Tikhonov
Boedker-Turris/Mueller/Rhino-Lisin
Dawes, Winnik, Lindstrom

Jovanovski-Lydman
Picard-Michalek
Sauer-Yandle
Klee

Bryzgalov
Montoya

Cap hit: $47.995M

Draft picks:
1-9
1-20 (if Calgary gives it)
2-16
4-14
5-6
5-13
7-6

Still targeting an offensive center with good faceoff skills and a goalie. Rhino, Dawes, Winnik, Lindstrom available, as well as other prospects. Let me know which prospects are 100% untouchable.

I'm not averse to starting Turris in SA. Prust will start in SA.

Also considering a high-scoring wing (Marty St. Louis?) and moving Mueller back to center. Still very focused on center.
Wow, wow, wow, wow!!!! Nice pick ups!!!

Seriously dude, you stole Clark and Lydman away. Absolute highway robbery. I'm in total shock right now. Our D lines look amazing and our offense is looking rock solid. Hell of a job!

Can we afford St. Louis? I would love to aquire him but I think Tampa might want a King's ransom back in return because they got rid of Vinny. Mueller back to center will help his game out a ton too. What other centers are you looking at and what centers are available?

SuperDave21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 03:12 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Mueller back to center will help his game out a ton too.
I could not disagree more.

Old
05-19-2009, 03:19 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Knew you'd say that

Florida just offered us rights to JB and Dadonov for Calgary's 1st (which in this game is 2010).

He saw the Lydman and Picard deals go up and fired that back. Devils are interested in Jovo but we have to take some salary back (Gionta, Zubruis and Weekes can be had), so that makes JayBo a tough one if we have to pay $8M per. Could also move Jovo for a song but has to be a legit Cup contender. Only way he'll waive his NTC.

Thoughts before court convenes?

Old
05-19-2009, 03:20 PM
ducky

Are done re-tooling your dfense then? No Jay-Bo?

Any UFA's you are negotiating with?

I think Mueller can excel at centre if he has a speedy, defensively sound winger (a UFA such as Gaborik) on his right side.

Doan - Mueller - Gaborik

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 03:30 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:
Staff, weigh in please:

To Ottawa: 1rst (6th overall), 2nd (36th overall), 5th (156th overall)

To Phoenix: 1rst (9th overall), 2nd CLB (46th overall), Alex Picard

I like the Picard upside. At #9 can take a flyer on O prospect. Plus still working on a 3rd we moved in Lombo deal, and we still have 2 #4s.
Quote:
Really? Why is that? I think part of Mueller's problem is that he could never be comfortable during any game. Without some sort of comfort level, you can't gain confidence. If he plays with the same line mates and at his "natural" position, then he should be able to gain back some confidence and start putting pucks on/in nets.

Quote:
Knew you'd say that

Florida just offered us rights to JB and Dadonov for Calgary's 1st (which in this game is 2010).

He saw the Lydman and Picard deals go up and fired that back. Devils are interested in Jovo but we have to take some salary back (Gionta, Zubruis and Weekes can be had), so that makes JayBo a tough one if we have to pay $8M per. Could also move Jovo for a song but has to be a legit Cup contender. Only way he'll waive his NTC.

Thoughts before court convenes?
Damn, so many decisions. I'm not against either of those deals because they will make us a stronger club in the end IMHO. What other offers do you have so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post

I think Mueller can excel at centre if he has a speedy, defensively sound winger (a UFA such as Gaborik) on his right side.

Doan - Mueller - Gaborik
I think Gabby went to Tampa my friend.

SuperDave21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 03:39 PM
RR

Quote:

Doan - Mueller - Gaborik
Still pursuing Jay-Bo but will have to unload Jovo. Devils are interested but we need to take some salary back form them to make it work.

Can't directly negotiate with UFAs July 1. Did speak to JayBo's agent and he will come here, but anxious to test the market. I'm thinking it's too risky to trade for his rights, only to have him reject us. It would cost us Calgary's 1st for his rights and we'd get a prospect winger Dadonov. He's a meh in my opinion.

Gaborik's rights were sent to TB in the Lecavalier deal. TB is open to moving St. Louis but wants a player and a 1st or 2nd rounder depending on the player.

Old
05-19-2009, 04:01 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Really? Why is that? I think part of Mueller's problem is that he could never be comfortable during any game. Without some sort of comfort level, you can't gain confidence. If he plays with the same line mates and at his "natural" position, then he should be able to gain back some confidence and start putting pucks on/in nets.
In junior, generally your best forwards play center. Just because you are a center in junior doesn't mean your likely to stay at that position as you continue up the pro ranks. Mueller didn't play a whole lot of games at center in his first year. He was primarily a wing by the second or third month, and stayed there, almost full time throughout the majority of his first and second seasons. I wouldn't say that center is his "natural" position. Generally, in the NHL, you want your centers to be your smarter, more responsible forwards. It's more difficult to play center than it is to play wing. I just don't think the things Mueller brings to the table suit him to the center position, at all. He's no good at faceoffs, he doesn't make his linemates better, he doesn't backcheck, and he seems pretty much lost if he's not within twenty feet of the opposing net. To me, that's not a center. Mueller, at this early stage in his young career, is a lazy, soft, one-dimmensional, cherry picking cheater, who reallly only brings to the table a very good shot and the ability to get into the right spot, at the right time, to use it.

Old
05-19-2009, 05:07 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:

Doan - Mueller - Gaborik
Plus Gaborik can help teach Boedker to use his skill set properly.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 06:16 PM
yakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
Plus Gaborik can help teach Boedker to use his skill set properly.
So, just move your leg like this and you get a 6 week vacation...

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 06:51 PM
RR

How does Zubruis, rights to Gionta and rights to Weekes sound for Jovo? Remember, we added Lydman and Picard.

Old
05-19-2009, 06:58 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Sounds like by the time you sign Jay Bouwmeester our budget will have doubled. I'd make damn sure that you definitely have Jay in your pocket before moving Jovo, too. Also, I don't like Zubrus' contract one bit. Also, assuming your getting Gionta's rights in hopes of signing him, we now have like twenty forwards on one way deals.

Old
05-19-2009, 08:19 PM
RR

Quote:
Sounds like by the time you sign Jay Bouwmeester our budget will have doubled. I'd make damn sure that you definitely have Jay in your pocket before moving Jovo, too. Also, I don't like Zubrus' contract one bit. Also, assuming your getting Gionta's rights in hopes of signing him, we now have like twenty forwards on one way deals.
He's owed a total of $1.6M more than Jovo, and saves $2.6M this year; a big center with a great two-way game; very strong definsively; 52% on faceoffs; a 40-point guy.

Gionta I would deal his rights to make up for a pick we moved; Weekes will cost $750k at most for one year.

They'll send Colin White instead of Gionta, but I don't like his deal and would be hard to flip him. And it would take us out of the JayBo sweepstakes. Still confident I can move Rhino's $2M and two of Dawes, Lindstrom, Winnik, or Prust.

Maybe I'm missing something on Jovo, but I think he's fading fast. I look at it as:
Jovo>Lydman
Hale<<<<<<Picard
Yandle, Sauer, Michalek, and Klee, Ahnelov or Summers as our #6 and #7. Plus Zubruis, Hanzal, Clark give us power guys who can put up 40 points. Makes us much tougher.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Old
05-19-2009, 08:26 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Three and a half million bucks for a forward who scores fourty points a year is not really a good deal. Though, I can see that you want to move Jovo to clear space for Jay. I can understand that. There's a lot of money flying around here, though.

Old
05-19-2009, 08:38 PM
RR

Quote:
Three and a half million bucks for a forward who scores fourty points a year is not really a good deal. Though, I can see that you want to move Jovo to clear space for Jay. I can understand that. There's a lot of money flying around here, though.
40 points, faceoff winner, physical player, PK'er. I agree $3.4M per for 4 years a lot for a 30-year-old center, but it is just funny money :-)

Old
05-19-2009, 09:09 PM
RR

Quote:
Detroit just queried if I was interested in Rafalski. Looking for a less expensive D option and a reasonably-priced forward and a prospect or pick. What do you think of him vs. Jay-Bo? Could keep Jovo, add Rafalski. Probably wants Michalek or Yandle which I'd be very apprehenisve about doing, but then I look at Ahnelov, Ross, Summers and maybe a D at #9 this year and maybe an offensive defensive force like Rafalski is worth the risk. I don't know. Always worry about Wings players because the team is so damn good, and numbers go down when not surrounded by that talent. IDK.

Old
05-19-2009, 09:12 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Detroit just queried if I was interested in Rafalski. Looking for a less expensive D option and a reasonably-priced forward and a prospect or pick. What do you think of him vs. Jay-Bo? Could keep Jovo, add Rafalski. Probably wants Michalek or Yandle which I'd be very apprehenisve about doing, but then I look at Ahnelov, Ross, Summers and maybe a D at #9 this year and maybe an offensive defensive force like Rafalski is worth the risk. I don't know. Always worry about Wings players because the team is so damn good, and numbers go down when not surrounded by that talent. IDK.
I would not move Michalek or Yandle for Rafalski. Under no circumstance would I ever move Michalek for him. The only way I move Yandle for him is if we're contenders and we think Rafalski is that final piece. Obviously that's not the case. And obviously this is JMO.

Old
05-19-2009, 10:02 PM
ducky

I think Rafalski would be a great addition to the team but not at the expense of Michalek or Yandle. Or Sauer.

Maybe Ahnelov? Probably not enough for Detroit, however.

Old
05-19-2009, 10:35 PM
RR

Quote:
I think Rafalski would be a great addition to the team but not at the expense of Michalek or Yandle. Or Sauer.

Maybe Ahnelov? Probably not enough for Detroit, however.
Good we all agree. Two other possibilities:

Vancouver will move Ohlund's rights for a conditional mid-round pick or maybe a decent prospect. Wants to be sure Ohlund will play here. Told him he and Jovo already discussed it and they would love to lay together again Ohlund is looking for 3 years, no dollars yet.

Toronto is interested in Lisin, Porter and Lindstrom, and would like all three. Started with Stajan but they really don't want to go there. Blake, Cheechoo (acquired from SJ), Finger, Frogren, Toskala, Gerber's rights are what they're shopping. Toskala is $4M but could he be the guy to push Bryz? Gerber would come cheaper. Blake, Cheechoo and Finger do nothing for me, and Frogren's an inexpensive bottom 6 defender, but if we got Ohlund makes no sense. Would like to hear some thoughts on picks or prospects we should look at if we move Lisin, Porter and Lindstrom in one deal. It eliminates our logjam at forward, but I REALLY, REALLY want Stajan.

If we offered Lisin, Porter and Lindstrom for Stajan and ? Is Matty worth overpaying for? Such a faceoff beast and so much potential.

RT, I am more excited about Ohlund than dealing Jovo. I think together Jovo might regain some of the fire I think he's lost. I know you think he never lost it, but it would be great to pair them again.

And Ducky I threw Ahnelov's name out but Wings want a 2-3 year NHL'er.

Let me know, guys. Draft is Thursday and FA signings begin Saturday.

Old
05-19-2009, 10:36 PM
RR

Vancouver will take Ross for Ohlund

Old
05-19-2009, 11:07 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Vancouver will take Ross for Ohlund
Isn't Ohlund UFA? Anyway, if you talk to Vancouver fans about Ohlund, they feel more strongly about him than you do about Jovo, as far as their play falling off.

Old
05-19-2009, 11:23 PM
RR

Quote:
Isn't Ohlund UFA? Anyway, if you talk to Vancouver fans about Ohlund, they feel more strongly about him than you do about Jovo, as far as their play falling off.
What about you? I sat next to a Vancouver fan all season (Canucks fan since he was a kid) and he is adamant that Jovo and Ohlund reunited would be electric.

Yes, he is a UFA, but I know next to JB he's the most sought-after. My guess is because he's open to 3 years.

Old
05-19-2009, 11:28 PM
ducky

Very little in toronto interests me. No way should you pay that much for Stajan. Lisin, Porter, AND Lindstrom. Sure they don't want you to throw in a high draft pick, too? You really want Stajan? Offer Lindstrom and Porter for Stajan and a 3rd.

Wait for Ohlund to go UFA. Not a fan of paying for player's negotiating rights. A few exceptions, sure (Jay Bo).

Old
05-19-2009, 11:28 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
What about you? I sat next to a Vancouver fan all season (Canucks fan since he was a kid) and he is adamant that Jovo and Ohlund reunited would be electric.

Yes, he is a UFA, but I know next to JB he's the most sought-after. My guess is because he's open to 3 years.
Teams don't give up 1st rounders for rights, at least not without a deal in place. Seriously, go ask about Ohlund on the Canucks board...

...nevermind, I'll make it easy...

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=641723

...it's a poll on the Canucks board about whether or not they want Ohlund back, the results are 75% NO and 25% YES. Nobody seems to have anything good to say about the guy, either.