HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Goalie equipment repair

Old
05-20-2009, 02:52 PM
sousuffer

vCash: 500
Goalie equipment repair

I currently live in the NY/NJ area and am looking for a store that repairs goalie equipment (and does a good job with it). When I was living in Boston, I used David's shoe repair in Arlington, Mass. They were the best (and only) hockey repair shop around there and they not only replaced leg pad straps and buckles, but also resewed gloves, blockers, leg pads and even rebuilt thigh protectors etc. The prices were always reasonable and they saved me money on new equipment. About two weeks ago, I was on a business trip in Boston, so I brought my equipment there for a large-scale repair. The owner didn't show up for our Monday, May 4th appointment (they aren't open Mondays, but he said he'd make a special appointment), apoplogized profusely and told me he wouldn't disappoint me again, so I thought nothing of it, made another appointment on Tuesday, paid him up front, and paid him additional for shipping back to NJ and we agreed that I'd have the equipment back by the 15th. I called him the 13th to make sure everything was done, and he said I'd have it Friday. Friday comes, no delivery. I call again, first he starts yelling at me as to how he went "above and beyond" for me and that he did $100 extra work for me and I should appreciate the job he did and that he never promised anything and he shouldn't have taken my business, but that he'd call back to see where the package is. He doesn't call back, so I call again, and again he apologizes for disappointing me (again) and promises Monday delivery. Again, nothing. So I called yesterday since he's not open Monday, and he said he was never actually finished until yesterday and he was waiting for UPS to pick it up yesterday morning and he promises it'll be here Thursday. Today I called, and UPS "never came" yesterday but I will have it "tomorrow" and it was shipped this morning. I have a game tomorrow night and already have missed one other game (actually 2, but one was for personal reasons) and if the pads don't get here tomorrow, I'm going to go nuts. Anyway, if any of you know of a place that fixes equipment in-house (not shipping the equipment to Canada or some far off place to get fixed), please let me know so I don't have to go through this nonsense again. I'd be willing to go to Pennsylvania, anywhere in Jersey, Connecticut, or southern New York (hell even Delaware). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

sousuffer is offline   Reply With Quote