Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

OT: Slovakia at the 2010 Football World Cup

Old
06-10-2010, 09:34 AM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbio11 View Post
Oh I was at that game. Good match. Wasn't really planning to go, but I didn't have a lot to do on that day so I went.
Based on the info on the sales the day before, it seems there were a few thosanda people like you.

Btw is really as bad with that stuff from the trees as it looked on TV?

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Kamzik

Miroslav Stoch is apparently leaving Chelsea (Twente Enschede) for Fenerbahce in Turkey. I wonder if this will be a good move for him? I know about Galatasaray but I can't say I've heard of Fenerbahce before.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2010, 06:43 PM
jcbio11

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Based on the info on the sales the day before, it seems there were a few thosanda people like you.

Btw is really as bad with that stuff from the trees as it looked on TV?
Haha yeah that crap was everywhere.

jcbio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 08:54 AM
zorz

Congratz on your historically first point at WC

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Kamzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Congratz on your historically first point at WC

Yeah, the partying will go on all night tonight. Two years of qualifying just to blow it all on that moment 30 seconds before the end of the game.

Old
06-15-2010, 04:53 PM
jakzed

Man that was rough. I went through a variety of thoughts and emotions, such as, "I hate Kiwis" to "last time I get up at 4am to watch a game". Tough to see the game tied in the dying seconds as those were needed points.

Oh well, not all is necessarily lost!

jakzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 03:14 AM
slovakiasnextone

In the end though it´s like jakzed said not everything is lost yet, after the PAR-ITA tie, it still commes down to whether we can beat Paraguay. I see two possible scenarios after yesterday´s game: a) It will absolutely kill us and we already have our bags packed or b) It will be a great motivation before the two other games.

However knowingthe nature of Slovak sportsmen it will most probably be the first one than the latter.

Btw, not that I want to claim that it would change the outcome of the game, but WTH did a guy like Jendrišek play almost the whole game over Stoch? I know that having Stovch and Weiss Jr. on the pitch can be a deffensive liability, but I think that Stoch got better deffensively this season and Jednrišek was pretty useless on both sides of the pitch anyway. Also, one more game as a proof of Hamšík´s uselessnes on the NT, please Mr. Weiss could you NOT ply him out of position at least for once?

Old
06-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Kamzik

Interesting interview with Coach Weiss [in Slovak]:
http://futbal.pravda.sk/nik-nezomrel...sk-fms2010_p28

Near the end he mentions there will be lineup changes versus Paraguay, including perhaps the use of a third forward. If it were me coaching, I would use only one striker, Stanislav Sestak. At the same time though I would use all three of Weiss Jr., Hamsik, and Stoch as attacking midfielders.

Old
06-17-2010, 12:49 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
Interesting interview with Coach Weiss [in Slovak]:
http://futbal.pravda.sk/nik-nezomrel...sk-fms2010_p28

Near the end he mentions there will be lineup changes versus Paraguay, including perhaps the use of a third forward. If it were me coaching, I would use only one striker, Stanislav Sestak. At the same time though I would use all three of Weiss Jr., Hamsik, and Stoch as attacking midfielders.
Suicide.

Wait, NO. Playing against Paraguay with two strikers already is a suicide.

This proposal from Weiss´ is a harakiri.

Old
06-19-2010, 06:38 PM
jcbio11

Let's ****ing do this! I am pumped for the game tomorrow! Feels like I am going to a war, don't think I'll be able to get to sleep tonight.

No loser talk in this thread guys!

Old
06-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Wilfrid Laurier

Didn't get to share my thoughts on the first game yet so here we go:

1) Jendrisek on the left was a disaster, absolutely no threat at all, that left Weiss as the only wide option to actually do something.

2) Vittek should not be playing; yes I know he scored but as far as I could see in the qualification they usually played with 1 forward, not 2. Against Paraguay and Italy he will be too old and too slow. Leave Sestak up front and play Hamsik as a supporting forward.

3) We miss Karhan. Strba tries hard but basically all he can do is tackle. Nobody in the middle could make a good pass.

Well I have my doubts about tomorrow but hopefully they can prove me wrong.

Wilfrid Laurier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:56 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfrid Laurier View Post

1) Jendrisek on the left was a disaster, absolutely no threat at all, that left Weiss as the only wide option to actually do something.

2) Vittek should not be playing; yes I know he scored but as far as I could see in the qualification they usually played with 1 forward, not 2. Against Paraguay and Italy he will be too old and too slow. Leave Sestak up front and play Hamsik as a supporting forward.

3) We miss Karhan. Strba tries hard but basically all he can do is tackle. Nobody in the middle could make a good pass.

Absolutely agree about Jendrišek and that was with Stoch sitting on the bench for God´s sake and then Weiss sends him on when trying to defend a 1 goal lead.

Sadly, Hamšík can´t playin such an offensive role as in Napoli, because we just don´t have anyone who could cover him deffensively and be good at playmaking at the same time.

Except for the omission of Stoch, I also didn´t understand when we were actually planning to play offensively why didn´t Pekarík play and Ďurica, who not only has at least one deffensive screw up a game, but also his only offensive move is to pass the ball to Škrtel 10 times in a row.

As for strikers, I really hope that by the time of the Euro 12´ qualifiers 19 year old Robbie Mak, who just signed with German team Nurnberg after playing for Man City youth and reserves for a few years is ready by then. Down the road there also is one more Chelsea kid in Milan Lalkovič and Inter Milan kid in Jakub Vojtuš.

Since we´re a smal football country, just like in almost every sport we lack depth, but I think the fact that all our ood youn players are either midfielders or strikers could prove to be a problem.

Bring on Paraguay already! Slovensko do toho!

Old
06-20-2010, 04:58 AM
jcbio11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfrid Laurier View Post

2 - No way, my homeboy has to play. How is Vittek too old? He's only 28.

Old
06-20-2010, 05:13 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
2 - No way, my homeboy has to play. How is Vittek too old? He's only 28.
I´m torn on Vittek, he´s not too old, but sadly already has is best years behind him and as far as I remember in the past two years all his goals came against minnows whether it was in exhibition games or on the rare ocassion in actually important events. What good is us a striker, who can´t score? The other part is that sides from Šesták we have no other option. I´ll be happy to eat crow if Vittek proves me wrong though.

Old
06-20-2010, 06:02 AM
slovakiasnextone

J. Mucha ml. - Pekarík, Škrtel, Saláta, J. Ďurica - Štrba, J. Kozák ml. - Šesták, Hamšík, Weiss ml. - Vittek

Yeah, why not play the slowest player not only in the country, but also on Earth against a South American team, ya know that South Americans are well known for being very fast, right?

This is even worse than the NZ line-up, Weiss must be definitely goin crazy.

Old
06-20-2010, 07:27 AM
jcbio11

Quote:
J. Mucha ml. - Pekarík, Škrtel, Saláta, J. Ďurica - Štrba, J. Kozák ml. - Šesták, Hamšík, Weiss ml. - Vittek

Yeah, why not play the slowest player not only in the country, but also on Earth against a South American team, ya know that South Americans are well known for being very fast, right?

This is even worse than the NZ line-up, Weiss must be definitely goin crazy.
Who would you play?

Old
06-20-2010, 08:31 AM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 08:47 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Who would you play?
I´d start by sitting Janko Ďurica on the bench, that is step one in the how to make us win plan as he more often than not costs us at least one goal in our net and additionally is very slow. Zabavník is a much more reliable choice IMO.

I would not definitely sit a guy like Miňo Stoch in each game for 80+ minutes like Weiss does while we have "stars" of Kozák´s format on the pitch. And Stoch would be my choice even before Weiss Jr., who can do nice things with the ball but in 9 times outta 10 looses it to the opposition players. Why not rather play someone who has been playing regular football the whole season and has been really reat at that?

And also, Weiss´ substitutes have been totally illogical and at a bad times in both games so far. No, he doesn´t send someone in when we need a change in our game, he waits until almost the 80th minute in both games and then when he´s trying to defend a 1 goal lead he sends on an offensive player in Stoch.

This is not the coach that Vladimír Weiss has been during the qualification, who always had the hot hand for the substitutes. If he plans on contiunuin this way, I´d rather be if he leaves the team to be honest. Not leaving out that part when he was behaving like the most arrogant prat on the planet even before the WC, always going around pissed off infront of media and fans. The way he announced the final WC squad, sure did not make me any excited for the actual tournament.

Old
06-20-2010, 09:11 AM
zorz

Something, which could make slovakian fans feel a little bit better after todays game

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 11:17 AM
slovakiasnextone

Thank you, Italy.
Note to the Makaronis: Don´t forget to play even worse on Thursday!

Old
06-20-2010, 12:53 PM
jcbio11

Quote:
I´d start by sitting Janko Ďurica on the bench, that is step one in the how to make us win plan as he more often than not costs us at least one goal in our net and additionally is very slow. Zabavník is a much more reliable choice IMO.

I would not definitely sit a guy like Miňo Stoch in each game for 80+ minutes like Weiss does while we have "stars" of Kozák´s format on the pitch. And Stoch would be my choice even before Weiss Jr., who can do nice things with the ball but in 9 times outta 10 looses it to the opposition players. Why not rather play someone who has been playing regular football the whole season and has been really reat at that?

And also, Weiss´ substitutes have been totally illogical and at a bad times in both games so far. No, he doesn´t send someone in when we need a change in our game, he waits until almost the 80th minute in both games and then when he´s trying to defend a 1 goal lead he sends on an offensive player in Stoch.

This is not the coach that Vladimír Weiss has been during the qualification, who always had the hot hand for the substitutes. If he plans on contiunuin this way, I´d rather be if he leaves the team to be honest. Not leaving out that part when he was behaving like the most arrogant prat on the planet even before the WC, always going around pissed off infront of media and fans. The way he announced the final WC squad, sure did not make me any excited for the actual tournament.

I think Stoch isn't 100 percent healthy.

As for Weiss, this is his tourney to lose, however he decides, it's the right choice. He made it this far, I trust him completely.

Old
06-20-2010, 12:54 PM
jcbio11

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Something, which could make slovakian fans feel a little bit better after todays game

Lefty is okay. Prefer smaller boobs though.

Old
06-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Kamzik

I told my friend today before Italy-New Zealand that Slovakia really needs a tie. He responded with "my uz nepotrebujeme nic akurat chytit lietadlo domov". But seriously, I will be cheering like crazy on Thursday and hoping for the best against Italy.

I agree with what has been written about wishing Weiss was coaching more like he did during qualification. I don't recall the team winning in Prague or twice against Poland with Kozak up front with Vittek. Also Hamsik needs to start living up to some of the hype. At least play above average.

Old
06-20-2010, 01:44 PM
slovakiasnextone

jcbio, however there is only as far as blind trust can go. I really tried to, but Weiss has crossed a line for me.

Additionally, Weiss made us a name in the foreing press today as well: http://futbal.sme.sk/c/5431504/weiss...-novinari.html
Little do those people know that it is Weiss´ common way to act around journalists and fans over here.

As for Stoch, I dunno, he wasn´t okay before, but he did play against Costa Rica and if he is okay to play those 10 minutes, then it definitely can´t be too bad with him.

Anyway, I think our handball players should send a greeting to the players in SA as they today proved that even impossible is possible: http://sport.sme.sk/c/5431938/hadzan...jine-3021.html
But even if the football players don´t get the message, I don´t mind, I´m already looking forward to January 2011 and some high quality handball, because let´s be honest teh quality of the football in South Africa has been from subpar to horrible, not only SVK, but 99% of the teams.