HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Let's start with Carter for Weber

Old
05-19-2009, 06:45 PM
mm6492

vCash: 500
Franchise d-man>>>Franchise forward (in most occasions)

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 06:50 PM
twenty2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Also watching the playoffs this year would explain why most people would take guys like Staal and Kane over Carter. They have the ability to consistently bring it.
I understand your reasoning, but do you know that Carter was playing with a hurt shoulder this postseason?

Not serious really, but that's enough to effect anyone. It was important enough for Stevens to talk about it and mention that he wouldn't require surgery.

twenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
BTW...why only 1 pt in the playoffs? Is this why the trade rumors are swirling around him?
IMO, the Carter rumors are due to the Flyers Cap issues and the fact that they have 3 centers making 5M+ and he is the only one who they can move (Richards is their franchise player and Briere's contract is pretty atrocious). Because of the Richards and Briere's contracts, along with guys they will have to sign this summer and in the near future (starting and back up goalie, Knuble and Alberts for this year and Parent, Jones, Coburn, Powe, Asham and Carcillo next summer) they probably won't be able to aford to extend Carter after his contract expires after the 10-11 season.

Ragamuffin Gunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 07:08 PM
IdealisticSniper

Nashville fans didnt like trades based around Weber for Lecavalier... I dont think Carter will fly.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 07:09 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Nashville fans didnt like trades based around Weber for Lecavalier... I dont think Carter will fly.
Yea, I agree.

Personally, I'd rather have Suter. Someone start a Gagne for Suter thread so we can argue back and forth on that one for a bit....

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 07:19 PM
twenty2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASV 27 View Post
IMO, the Carter rumors are due to the Flyers Cap issues and the fact that they have 3 centers making 5M+ and he is the only one who they can move (Richards is their franchise player and Briere's contract is pretty atrocious). Because of the Richards and Briere's contracts, along with guys they will have to sign this summer and in the near future (starting and back up goalie, Knuble and Alberts for this year and Parent, Jones, Coburn, Powe, Asham and Carcillo next summer) they probably won't be able to aford to extend Carter after his contract expires after the 10-11 season.
We'll be able to afford Carter in all likelihood, but the same can't be said for Gagne.

Old
05-19-2009, 07:22 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASV 27 View Post
In which he could fetch 5 first rounders

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 07:40 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Carter is a great player, and I haven't seen him a ton. But, I don't think he has the ability to take over like the other people on the list. He's also has the benefit of being surrounded by great talent (unlike guys like Staal, Parise, Nash, etc). Comparing his point totals to Kane and Toews isn't exactly fair, since they are 2nd year pros.

Also watching the playoffs this year would explain why most people would take guys like Staal and Kane over Carter. They have the ability to consistently bring it.
Carter was hurt- seperated shoulder. I am not trying to make excuses but....

Also, he had a few goals STOLEN by MAF who played amazing is a efw games. If this becomes a constant struggle- ala Thorton- then I could see it, but not now

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Both teams would not do this deal

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Philadelphia Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
Yea, I agree.

Personally, I'd rather have Suter. Someone start a Gagne for Suter thread so we can argue back and forth on that one for a bit....

Not bad I acutally like the Idea. As much as I love Gagne, I wouldn't pass on Suter who's signed until 2013. Our team would look pretty good.

Hartnell-Carter-Lupul
Giroux-Richards-Knuble
Carcillo-Briere-JVR
Cote-Powe-Asham

Timmonen-Coburn
Parent-Suter
Carle-Jones/Sbisa

Philadelphia Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 09:22 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
I understand your reasoning, but do you know that Carter was playing with a hurt shoulder this postseason?

Not serious really, but that's enough to effect anyone. It was important enough for Stevens to talk about it and mention that he wouldn't require surgery.
i'd take Carter over Kane any day, by a country mile - but what Staal? Jordon shouldn't even be in the conversation, Eric given the way he's been in the playoffs would have a bit of an edge (not much) IMO

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
Not bad I acutally like the Idea. As much as I love Gagne, I wouldn't pass on Suter who's signed until 2013. Our team would look pretty good.

Hartnell-Carter-Lupul
Giroux-Richards-Knuble
Carcillo-Briere-JVR
Cote-Powe-Asham

Timmonen-Coburn
Parent-Suter
Carle-Jones/Sbisa
Now if you could just find someone to stop the puck you would be deadly

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 09:25 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
a couple of days ago nashville fans were saying ottawa would have to add to heatley for weber. I doubt carter interests them, especially with Arnott and Legwand cemented at center.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 09:43 PM
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era

Carter is a real nice sniper. But in terms of elite, he is a bit streaky and plays the perimeter a little too much for a player gifted with his size and skill. Maybe these are areas of his game he can fix for Philly's sake. Coming off a weak playoffs, Carter needs to repeat his impressive 2008-09 season and bring it in the next postseason. I am sure a player like Carter has some real nice trade value, as 46 goal shooters don't grow on trees.

I agree, Suter is more likely of a potential swap than Weber.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 09:45 PM
twenty2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
Carter is a real nice sniper. But in terms of elite, he is a bit streaky and plays the perimeter a little too much for a player gifted with his size and skill. Maybe these are areas of his game he can fix for Philly's sake. Coming off a weak playoffs, Carter needs to repeat his impressive 2008-09 season and bring it in the next postseason. I am sure a player like Carter has some real nice trade value, as 46 goal shooters don't grow on trees.

If 46 goals and 84 points makes Carter streaky, I'd hate to see the player that isn't streaky. Gretzky?

Old
05-19-2009, 09:57 PM
dulzhok

PHI: Hamhuis
NSH: Gagne

Phi slashes 3.2 million in salary, and addresses their needs on D. Also, gives them the room to obtain a goalie.

Nashville gets a scoring winger.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 10:09 PM
ELab2

Quote:

Phi slashes 3.2 million in salary, and addresses their needs on D. Also, gives them the room to obtain a goalie.

nope...

Gagne for Suter and we're starting to look at something value wise. Though Gagne wouldn't waive to go to Nashville most likely

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 10:10 PM
twenty2

Quote:

We're getting lowballed. No thanks.

Old
05-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
Nashville fans turned down Heatley for Weber. Can't imagine they'd accept Carter.
I'm not a big fan of Heatley and IMO neither player would get a player like Weber.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
If 46 goals and 84 points makes Carter streaky, I'd hate to see the player that isn't streaky. Gretzky?
Ha, I know it sounds silly. But Carter scores in bunches if I'm not mistaken, then disappears for a stretch. Again, 46 goals is no joke. Hopefully Carter can keep the 40-goal mark, and I don't see why not, but I still think he needs to score more goals in the trenches and lead Philly in the playoffs.

Old
05-19-2009, 10:25 PM
BrindamoursNose

I'd do Carter + Sbisa and a pick for Weber any day.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 10:26 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:

From what I was told, Hamhuis blew this past year for NSH.

This is just what I was told (not my own observation)

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I'd do Carter + Sbisa and a pick for Weber any day.
Ugh, I think that pushes it too far in the Preds favor. Sbisa is the trump card here. From what I have seen of Sbisa this season, he sure looks like a prize for Philly. Amazing poise and composure for an 18-year old.

Old
05-19-2009, 10:46 PM
flyers ltd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post

For these reasons Carter is beginning to strike me as a goal-scoring version of Joe Thornton. Big frame and lots of skill but not particularly physical and afraid to leave the perimeter.

flyers ltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 10:50 PM
twenty2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers ltd View Post
For these reasons Carter is beginning to strike me as a goal-scoring version of Joe Thornton. Big frame and lots of skill but not particularly physical and afraid to leave the perimeter.
Carter certainly isn't overly physical, but he's not exactly a wuss.