HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Street-hockey goalie looking for action...

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2004, 05:43 PM
Necrophile

vCash: 500
Street-hockey goalie looking for action...

I live in the Montréal area, and I was wondering where are some of the good places to play ball-hockey in the summer (both indoor and outdoor) for free or cheap (could be Montréal or Laval). Also, do you know if these places usually have 2 goalies because I can play either goalie, defenseman, or forward but prefer playing goalie when not on ice.

By the way, I'm not looking to join any leagues, I just want to know where I can play the occasional game.

Feel free to answer in french if you're more comfortable with it.

Old
03-22-2004, 05:46 PM
Kirk Muller

My first thought was this was some kind of personal ad.

Old
03-22-2004, 06:02 PM
Haddock

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/...V405A534D.html
This is a Georges Laraque article in wich he mentions this league:
http://infowebb.tripod.com/allstar
It's in Laval. I don't know how much you wanted to pay when you say cheap but it's a little under ten dollars per game but you get to play against NHL and pro players.

Old
03-22-2004, 06:06 PM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13

Old
03-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Necrophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordiquesFan
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/...V405A534D.html
This is a Georges Laraque article in wich he mentions this league:
http://infowebb.tripod.com/allstar
It's in Laval. I don't know how much you wanted to pay when you say cheap but it's a little under ten dollars per game but you get to play against NHL and pro players.
Thanks for responding, but I'm not looking for league action. And facing shots from NHL and pro players (as a goalie) scares the heck out of me! I do know of that "deck hockey" place he mentions, though, and I've been there before; it's a good place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Well, a guy is always looking for action.

Last edited by Necrophile: 03-22-2004 at 06:16 PM.
Old
03-22-2004, 06:19 PM
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophile
Thanks for responding, but I'm not looking for league action. And facing shots from NHL and pro players (as a goalie) scares the heck out of me! I do know of that "deck hockey" place he mentions, though, and I've been there before; it's a good place.
I should have read your first post better. Sorry. But at least I tried!

Old
03-22-2004, 06:29 PM
tinyzombies

Here's a good site: http://www.ballhockeynews.ca/

They also have a very good league at Concordia University in the summer. And there is another league in Laval that is very good as well. You can ask at this site, I'm sure they will know more details.

Old
03-22-2004, 07:02 PM
Moumni_Bachir

Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
Oh, I have a great idea! We form a team together who will be called Hfboarders! And subscribe it to any adult league in Montreal. That would be fun!

I play defense and I will be happy to be YOUR defenseman!

Old
03-22-2004, 07:09 PM
tritone

There's a great place in Laval..... Sports Plex....on Dagenais and Labelle ....it's mostly in-door soccer but they have a few ball hockey leagues (very GARAGE caliber) ...I used to organize a few games a month there with family and friends...it's not too expensive to rent for an hour or two......If you are interested I can let you know when I play my next game there this summer.

Old
03-22-2004, 08:00 PM
Necrophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
There's a great place in Laval..... Sports Plex....on Dagenais and Labelle ....it's mostly in-door soccer but they have a few ball hockey leagues (very GARAGE caliber) ...I used to organize a few games a month there with family and friends...it's not too expensive to rent for an hour or two......If you are interested I can let you know when I play my next game there this summer.
I've passed by there before, but I've never seen this Sports Plex. Is it on Dagenais or on Labelle?

Old
03-23-2004, 01:40 PM
Necrophile

By the way, I'm not looking for a league, just for a place where I can go and play the occasional game when I want.

Old
03-23-2004, 02:31 PM
Necrophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
I'd love that to!

How old are you? Im 16, i miss street hockeyyyyy =[
I'm in my early twenties. I just love hockey!

As for you, well, you may miss hockey now, but at least your love for hockey gives you something to look forward to when your health returns! Think of how much sweeter that hockey will be after a prolonged absence... Use it as an inspiration to do everything you can to get back to your healthy self.

Old
03-23-2004, 06:58 PM
Moumni_Bachir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophile
I'm in my early twenties. I just love hockey!

As for you, well, you may miss hockey now, but at least your love for hockey gives you something to look forward to when your health returns! Think of how much sweeter that hockey will be after a prolonged absence... Use it as an inspiration to do everything you can to get back to your healthy self.
So, are we making a team? Proud HFboarders!? Necrophile?

Old
03-23-2004, 07:21 PM
Zednik

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
There's a great place in Laval..... Sports Plex....on Dagenais and Labelle ....it's mostly in-door soccer but they have a few ball hockey leagues (very GARAGE caliber) ...
On Dagenais ? Noooooo

Old
03-23-2004, 08:23 PM
MacHabs93

Dude, howbout u find like 4-5 ppl, or use this board to do so, i always play ball hockey outdoors during the hotter months with like 4-5 friends, the best would be to make like 2 teams, also if we can find a total of 10-12 trustworthy and cool ppl, theres like high schools and elementary schools where u can rent their gym for like 2-3 hrs a week and like 10$ an hr (split in like 10 ppl) and dish it out there. LMK wat u think

Old
03-23-2004, 08:30 PM
Moumni_Bachir

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHabs93
Dude, howbout u find like 4-5 ppl, or use this board to do so, i always play ball hockey outdoors during the hotter months with like 4-5 friends, the best would be to make like 2 teams, also if we can find a total of 10-12 trustworthy and cool ppl, theres like high schools and elementary schools where u can rent their gym for like 2-3 hrs a week and like 10$ an hr (split in like 10 ppl) and dish it out there. LMK wat u think
Well, ok, that would be sweet, get me in your MSN messenger and we going to talk about it and I really hope that you speak french!

Closed Thread