HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lecavalier: I want to win NOW..

Old
05-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseofcups View Post
OMG. The fans and the media are just convenient little excuses to divert us away from the real reason UFAs won't sign here.......MONEY
Sorry, but taxes are as much an excuse.

The truth is that taxes, media and fans are the reasons.

As for the media, its far from an excuse when an accredited players's agent says that the main reason none of his clients want to come to Montreal is MAINLY because of the media. And that came from a friend of many in the Montreal sports media, Enrico Ciccone.

AS for the taxes, I used to believe the same, until I talked to people who knew better than me when it comes to taxes both in the states and here.

But that's the difference between you and others. Most are capable of modifying their perception of reality when they see the facts for what they are. But you, you're unable to do this. Same with the taxes, same with the Habs, same with Gainey. You spew your ill-informed opinions claiming it is fact, and yet are incapable of absorbing other people's knowledge, incapable of critical thinking.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Caseofcups*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Sorry, but taxes are as much an excuse.

The truth is that taxes, media and fans are the reasons.

As for the media, its far from an excuse when an accredited players's agent says that the main reason none of his clients want to come to Montreal is MAINLY because of the media. And that came from a friend of many in the Montreal sports media, Enrico Ciccone.

AS for the taxes, I used to believe the same, until I talked to people who knew better than me when it comes to taxes both in the states and here.

But that's the difference between you and others. Most are capable of modifying their perception of reality when they see the facts for what they are. But you, you're unable to do this. Same with the taxes, same with the Habs, same with Gainey. You spew your ill-informed opinions claiming it is fact, and yet are incapable of absorbing other people's knowledge, incapable of critical thinking.

Wow. God forbid anybody not share the rose coloured view that seems to permeate this board.

Caseofcups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Caseofcups*

The media will never change as long as the Habs are the only game in town. The players need only gonvern themselves accordingly.

Old
05-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Wow. God forbid anybody not share the rose coloured view that seems to permeate this board.
God forbid you'd grow a brain and try to counter the arguments at hand. You never do so. That tells a lot about what kind of poster and person you are.

But keep repeating the same broken record. We know your drivel from A to ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz by now.

Tell me, if I have a rose colored view, could you actually prove it? I highly doubt it. This catch phrase of yours is a defense mechanism when your point of view is challenged and you can't make a proper rebutal.

I can prove that you are incapable of adapting your thoughts with new facts you were unaware of. Even more, I don't need to prove it, as many many people here have proven it already.

Trust me, you're just digging your hole deeper and deeper.

Old
05-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Astroboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Its now or never for Vinny. He has a point, Tampa will be drafting High Again this year, and their prospects are looking great, Vinny doesn't want to waste away on a team that is in another 7 year rebuild mode. He should come to Montreal and be our center piece.
Come to Montreal Vinny, yet another team in rebuild mode. This was the year for Montreal to make some noise. Most of the team will be gone as UFA's, and there will be youngsters filling in those empty roster spots. Unless Bob makes some big moves, I think Montreal will be in the same situation as Tampa next year. At least Tampa has more promising prospects....just my opinion.

Astroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 09:19 PM
habs1988

The only good news right now?

He just told on RDS (Memorial Cup intermission) that Montreal will be on his list if he has to be traded.

habs1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Caseofcups*

I can't wait for the fall when I can look back on all the moves Gainey has made (trades, UFA and draft) and see what an awesome team we will have.

Seriously, I hope he makes a splash or two but I'm not holding my breath.

Old
05-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I can't wait for the fall when I can look back on all the moves Gainey has made (trades, UFA and draft) and see what an awesome team we will have.

See you can and we will comment on the moves he makes during the summer, but how about waiting to see how they play and what's the chemistry like much later on? I mean we can agree or disagree on the moves, but knowing how the team will play together before they play? Come on....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroboy View Post
Come to Montreal Vinny, yet another team in rebuild mode. This was the year for Montreal to make some noise. Most of the team will be gone as UFA's, and there will be youngsters filling in those empty roster spots. Unless Bob makes some big moves, I think Montreal will be in the same situation as Tampa next year. At least Tampa has more promising prospects....just my opinion.
And you know this because they told you???

No wonder caseofcups agrees with you, you both have delusions of grandeur, thinking you can predict the future, actually, thinking YOU KNOW the future.

In recent years, when Tampa have a good season, they finish in 8th-9th or 10th place. When they have bad seasons, they end-up at the bottom, rock bottom.

Whereas the Habs, when they have a bad season, they finish 8th, 9th or 10th, but when they have a good season, they finish 1st...

And tell me... what promising prospects does Tampa have besides Stamkos and the next 1st round draft pick they'll get? They have a few good prospects, but besides Stamkos and this year's high pick, their prospect pook is very tame compared to the Habs.

I kinda get the feeling you just took that one out of where the sun don't shine... as the reality is that Tampa doesn't have many good prospects. For sure they had a couple high picks, but besides that, nothing much.

Old
05-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:

How is this relevant to the discussion at hand?

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 09:40 PM
JrHockeyFan

Vinny will come to Montreal and the blind will see, the lame will walk, but he will likely be a minus 12 and he won't win "now"

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 09:40 PM
yohan1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDood View Post
Lecavalier: This year we'll draft another excellent player to build around along with Stamkos... ... I've won the cup and it only made me wana win it again even more... ... I don't know what the future looks like for now but I wana win NOW...

He's clear.. He wants to win NOW... I read "I want out of there"... Vinny will spend the summer in Montreal... For good?

Sick of Vinny threads? Just don't bother will ya.. It's summer, we're bored.

Discuss..

Link http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/275037.html
If he "wants to win now", he sure as hell aint going to montreal..

yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Caseofcups*

By the way the Vinny deal is dead. Bob McCowen on the fan 590 stated today that he has information suggesting that TB is essentially bankrupt and will need to be propped up much the same way Pheonix was (Proxy to sign over control in exchange for money) so there is no way Bettman allows this type of trade.

Old
05-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Which teams can "win it now" and have the cap space to accommodate Lecavalier's contract?

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 10:20 PM
Habs

I had a dream Vinny was traded to Montreal, and he became a 65pt injury prone player, who became a master of the 'dump and chase'

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
By the way the Vinny deal is dead. Bob McCowen on the fan 590 stated today that he has information suggesting that TB is essentially bankrupt and will need to be propped up much the same way Pheonix was (Proxy to sign over control in exchange for money) so there is no way Bettman allows this type of trade.
Interesting. How much do they owe Barry Melrose?

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 11:04 PM
DougHarvey

Quote:

Actually , could you please at least until July 1st

DougHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 11:05 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
BAHAHAH

There is so much wrong with this post; let's analyze!

By the way the Vinny deal is dead. Bob McCowen [Who? Is he anyone respectable? Why haven't I heard of him?] on the Fan 590 [Ah, so he's a host on a god damned Sports AM show] stated today that he has information suggesting [So this radio host has insider information? Does he have any other information for us lay-people, like which companies are going down so I can go "sell! sell! sell!" like I've always dreamed to] that TB is essentially bankrupt [So this radio host knows that a major sports franchise is essentially bankrupt before TSN or Forbes, he's really thorough this McCowen fella] and will need to be propped up much the same way Pheonix was [Since Pheonix was such a glamorous success the NHL will decide to buy-out a team that isn't even officially or un-officially bankrupt] so there is no way Bettman allows this type of trade [Bettman will be GMing this team now? Why would Bettman not allow the team to trade? If anything he'd encourage losing the 10m dollar man].

And that's how you get rid of trolls.

Last edited by WhiskeySeven: 05-20-2009 at 11:12 PM.
WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Caseofcups*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLapierre View Post
BAHAHAH

By the way the Vinny deal is dead. Bob McCowen [Who? Is he anyone respectable? Why haven't I heard of him?] on the Fan 590 [Ah, so he's a host on a god damned Sports AM show] stated today that he has information suggesting [So this radio host has insider information? Does he have any other information for us lay-people, like which companies are going down so I can go "sell! sell! sell!" like I've always dreamed to] that TB is essentially bankrupt [So this radio host knows that a major sports franchise is essentially bankrupt before TSN or Forbes, he's really thorough this McCowen fella] and will need to be propped up much the same way Pheonix was [Since Pheonix was such a glamorous success the NHL will decide to buy-out a team that isn't even officially or un-officially bankrupt] so there is no way Bettman allows this type of trade [Bettman will be GMing this team now? Why would Bettman not allow the team to trade? If anything he'd encourage losing the 10m dollar man].

Actually this is the same guy who broke the Pheonix story (being propped up by the league) months before anyone else.

Old
05-20-2009, 11:13 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Actually this is the same guy who broke the Pheonix story (being propped up by the league) months before anyone else.
You can't blame me for not being trusting, too many idiots on board . None the less my other points still stand, unless you wish to refute them.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Caseofcups*

Quote:
You can't blame me for not being trusting, too many idiots on board . None the less my other points still stand, unless you wish to refute them.
Well, I doubt Bettman wants to dump Vinny before he sells the team and right now it looks as though this will be in court for quite some time.

Old
05-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
BAHAHAH

i think your post is worse than the original one.

Point is, first off, McCowen is a very popular and known in sports talk radio, and frequently has top notch NHL guests.
Also, it makes sense for a team that will go bankrupt to keep their assets or else who will want to buy a team with no lecavalier, no st-louis, etc etc.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 02:51 AM
les Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Its now or never for Vinny. He has a point, Tampa will be drafting High Again this year, and their prospects are looking great, Vinny doesn't want to waste away on a team that is in another 7 year rebuild mode. He should come to Montreal and be our center piece.
Dude, I don't think they can draft high. I mean seriously. They'd have to smoke up in the hotel room before they get there and even then they'd look all stoned.

les Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 09:39 AM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post

Point is, first off, McCowen is a very popular and known in sports talk radio, and frequently has top notch NHL guests.
Also, it makes sense for a team that will go bankrupt to keep their assets or else who will want to buy a team with no lecavalier, no st-louis, etc etc.
It's not like they wouldn't get anything for Lecavalier. Let's say they get a couple of players and a 1st round pick. If I am a buyer, I like that.. Lower payroll, good future with Stamkos and this year 1st rounder + 2 first rounder next year and possibly a few habs prospects now on their team. More attractive than a team with it's payroll maxed out that can't even make the playoffs.

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Drive425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post

I understand your point however I believe it would be better for Bettman if the team dumped the White Elephant of a contract and build talent around Stamkos and Hedman/Tavares and the talent gained from Vinny trade. Makes them more financially sound and improves the team for the future.

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote