HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Jack Johnson Proposals thread

Old
05-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
I'll do the deal, without Rozsival though.. I know you guys want to dump his contract, but the Kings won't want it..

Jack Johnson will be a King in the end and Ryan Callahan will be a Ranger.. Same as for Zherdev
Fair enough. I thought I remembered reading about the Kings needing some leadership on the back end, which is why I proposed it.

If the Rangers could move Rozsival somewhere else, I wouldn't mind the deal going through without him at all. I know Williams has been battling the injuries lately, but he'd be a nice addition to play on the wing with Gomez. Great speed and he can shoot off the rush.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 03:18 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Sold.

I was just about to counter with:

Rozsival
Zherdev
Rangers 1st
Rangers 2nd 2010

Williams
Johnson
LA 1st

From what I've heard, LA fans aren't fond of Williams and his injuries. Rozsival gives you a veteran on the back-end and evens out the salaries a little.

To be honest though, I think the Rangers win most of these trades big time.
Because they expected a guy coming off a major surgery to produce at higher levels than before he was injured or think that hes completely useless at age 27 and that hes never going to sniff 30 goals again.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 03:23 PM
Rommel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Sold.

I was just about to counter with:

Rozsival
Zherdev
Rangers 1st
Rangers 2nd 2010

Williams
Johnson
LA 1st

From what I've heard, LA fans aren't fond of Williams and his injuries. Rozsival gives you a veteran on the back-end and evens out the salaries a little.

To be honest though, I think the Rangers win most of these trades big time.

Rozsival? ******

Far from L.A!

Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Do you guys think that Sanguinetti, Del Zotto or Matty Gilroy are ready for the NHL? I know you guys have 4 returning defenseman for next season (Girardi, Staal, Redden (ew), Roszival).. I'm sure you guys will sign a Dman in free agency and the last spot will probably be up in the air for one of the 3 guys I mentioned earlier to win that spot.. But why spend money on a UFA when you can just get Jack Johnson and pay him 2.5 per year..

And Callahan is also a RFA, so he'll be expecting a big pay day, right?

I'm not 100% on how tight NYR is with cap space, but I'm sure they don't have much money to work with after that contract they gave Redden..
Callahan is not expecting a big pay day, and Gilroy is more than likely on the Rangers next year, as is Sanguinetti, and Sauer. Johnson seems like a nice player, but I'd rather have Callahan, especially with our offense.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 03:29 PM
SFKingshomer

Only 3 players interest me from NYR, Dubinsky, Lundqvist, Staal and they won't be traded. DL wouldn't trade a 3rd rounder for a problem like Zherdev.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Because they expected a guy coming off a major surgery to produce at higher levels than before he was injured or think that hes completely useless at age 27 and that hes never going to sniff 30 goals again.
Sounds typical of most fan bases.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Yes, because you know.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 03:36 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
Yes, because you know.
I dont claim to know anything but Im also not going to rip a guy because he didnt come out of the gate hot after coming off a broken hand. Let the guy start the season healthy and see what he can before saying it was a bad trade ot hes worthless. Alot of fans were pissed off because DL shipped POS and a 2nd for him. Some believe potential is worth more than being proven. One of the biggest problems with the Kings offense was lack of scoring. DL goes out and gets a guy whos shown he can score 30 and its a bad deal right?

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 03:44 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal View Post
JJ and Purcell for Drury? Does NY need to unload salary? If so, there's an option.

Tweak the deal if need be. I'm not sure what NY needs, be it roster guys, prospects, or picks.
Done, done, done, done, done...did I mention done?

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by rommelsalviano View Post
Rozsival? ******

Far from L.A!
He did score on a penalty shot and had the OT winner at LA this year

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Salvage21

I'm a Rangers fan and a big Zherdev supporter BUT- if there was a deal that moved him, the Rangers first, and Byers for Jack Johnson and LA's first I would jump for joy.

Rangers 10-11 line-up

Dubinsky Gomez MPS
Grachev Anisimov Callahan
Avery Drury Korpikoski
Sjo Betts Orr

Staal Sanguinetti
Johnson Girardi
Redden Sauer

It would be a beautiful thing.

Salvage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Johnson still has a ton of value. This Russia talk is all posturing. If we're talking Sangs I'd consider it, but we really have no place for Zherdev.

But no way to Drury at his price, and no way to a swap of first rounders.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 06:45 PM
Jwm1986

some of these deals seem ok, but you need to take our 5th pick out in all of them. Its not being traded in these type of deals. It just wont happen.

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 06:51 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
not a fan of Zherdev. no consistancy, plays small. NYR will have a hard time re-signing this guy, Callahan, Dubinsky and Staal due to cap restraints, so give it tme and he may be cheaper if thats who you really want.

I like Callahan but NYR is not going to move a cheap good player and JJ is worth more then Callahan, and I am a Callahan fan.

I cant see the 2 teams being good partners.
No, they won't...Naslund retiring freed up $4 million in cap space, and replacing Morris with someone like Gilroy or Sanguinetti frees up at least another $2.2 million.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Ryan Callahan for Jack Johnson straight up.. Would that be an even deal? They're both RFAs and the deal can help both teams needs..

Callahan can be the big winger that the Kings have been missing and would fit perfectly on a line with Stoll and Brown.

Jack Johnson can help the NYR defense corps, since both Derek Morris and Paul Mara are set to become UFAs. He's a physical defenseman and he can even be the QB to your PP..

What are your thoughts?

uhmmmm thoughts..............
don't have anything to say..... except....... lear from the past buddy.

Johnson is going nowhere...........

where do you get your ideas from ??????
The reminds me of an leafs offer.... except you have a Kings avatar

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 09:59 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Ryan Callahan for Jack Johnson straight up.. Would that be an even deal? They're both RFAs and the deal can help both teams needs..

Callahan can be the big winger that the Kings have been missing and would fit perfectly on a line with Stoll and Brown.

Jack Johnson can help the NYR defense corps, since both Derek Morris and Paul Mara are set to become UFAs. He's a physical defenseman and he can even be the QB to your PP..

What are your thoughts?
We need another legitimate scoring threat in the top 6, not more grit. I think he'd be a great fit with Zus and Simmer on the 3rd line though.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Drury37

Send a message via AIM to Drury37
Los Angeles/New York

Los Angeles:
Nikolai Zherdev

New York:
Jack Johnson

Point A: This trade had been floating around the boards until both teams got too greedy. Nonetheless it remains a good nucleus for a deal. There is no reason to involve first round picks (especially LA's #5 overall which would obviously kill any deal in its tracks.

Point B: ***Hypothetically*** Jack Johnson does not want to be on the Kings and ***Hypothetically*** Nikolai Zherdev is unlikely to be retained for the Rangers due to salary cap issues and John Tortorella. ***Hypothetically*** Both are better suited to the systems installed by the opposite coaches.

Point B1: This represents a chance to get very similar value for two players who are unhappy with their situation. LA is (very) deep on defense, and are well equipped to move Johnson.

Point B2: Zherdev is a player who is similar in age, original draft position, and would fit well in the Kings system, particularly next to Alex Frolov. The Rangers have Artem Anismov and/or Evgeny Grachev to step in for Zherdev

Point C: Free agent defenders for the Rangers include Derek Morris and Paul Mara. It is very unlikely that Morris will be retained and it may be difficult to retain Mara coming off his best season. With Johnson the Rangers can let Mara leave (which may break my heart) but will give the Rangers cap room this season that they will need and more importantly in 2010/2011

Point C1: The Rangers will undoubtedly be shopping Michael Rosizval and/or Wade Redden this summer as well. That being said Johnson would be able to provide a veteran presence so Matt Gilroy, Michael Del Zotto and/or Bobby Sanguinetti will not be thrown into the wolves, as a defense that young in front of Henrik Lundqvist, may not behoove the Rangers.

Point D: Zherdev represents a significant improvement on LA's free agents to be Kyle Calder and Derek Armstrong. Zherdev represents a gamble but so does Johnson but New York and Los Angeles are two markets big enough to keep them out of Russia. Zherdev will benefit more from LA's young European core of forwards while Johnson will enjoy lining up with many prospective Team USA members.

Point D1: With Los Angeles' abundance of cap space taking on Zherdev really doesn't hurt them at all. They are deep all over have a strong prospect pool and should still have $9million to play with after Zherdev's RFA contract is settled, which is more than enough for them to add more significant pieces to their team.

Ummmmm its late and I'm out of ideas.

To sum it up, the value is there for both teams and honestly, its make too much sense that this deal has no chance of going down in real life but hey one can try.

Drury37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 11:40 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
New York wants to ADD offense.

Not remove it.

05-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Drury37

Send a message via AIM to Drury37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
New York wants to ADD offense.

Not remove it.
I think honestly it would be easier to add offense for New York then to add defense. I watched a ton of Rangers games this year and their offense was putrid. However if Jack Johnson is able to be obtained it represents a very good return on Zherdev who did not click with Tortorella.

As referred to above, the Rangers have an abundance of defenders from Redden to Roszival, to the big 3 young guys. The Rangers best chance at adding offense giving their cap situation is the use of one of those guys in a separate trade to obtain offense. These are the names that will be shopped and there is some type of deal that Sather will jump on. I am not opposed to trading the Rangers first rounder to facilitate such a deal.

While the Rangers undoubtedly need offense this represent a excellent first domino, all other deficiencies aside. Also it would be naive to think that Glen Sather will NOT be very active this summer

Last edited by Drury37: 05-20-2009 at 11:52 PM. Reason: adding
Drury37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 11:58 PM
10 ft. pole

Why cant we just keep our pick and Jack and sign a top level winger. Winning cures all and we are 1 forward away from being dangerous. Especially with Phoenix in financial hell, the Niedermeyer brothers most likely leaving Anaheim and a possible fire sale in San Jose.

Gaborik/Hossa-Kopitar-Brown
Frolov-Stoll-Williams
Moen-Handzus-Simmonds
Clune-Armstrong-Moulson

Doughty-Johnson
Greene-Quincey
O'Donnell-Drewiske

Quick/Ersberg

10 ft. pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 12:15 AM
GarretJoseph*

wow, i would really love for some of these LA fans to become the GM. Insane.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Shellz

Quote:
I dont claim to know anything but Im also not going to rip a guy because he didnt come out of the gate hot after coming off a broken hand. Let the guy start the season healthy and see what he can before saying it was a bad trade ot hes worthless. Alot of fans were pissed off because DL shipped POS and a 2nd for him. Some believe potential is worth more than being proven. One of the biggest problems with the Kings offense was lack of scoring. DL goes out and gets a guy whos shown he can score 30 and its a bad deal right?

I miss read you and I apologize. I thought in my own little head that you didn't agree with the trade and that JW will never beable to get back to a 30 goal season. Some King fans weren't going to jump on Wills back if he didn't produce. But, some, on the other hand were out of line and didn't even take a second to think about it. I was not going to to harp on the guy if he didn't even get a goal. If he has a healthy season (which he will *fingers crossed*), I don't see why he wouldn't get back to 30 goals.

I didn't quite understand the trade but after awhile I realized the Kings need more leadership and well, goals... also an older guy that can give them expierence. I know Patrick will be a good player for seasons to come but I guess DL got tired of waiting.

Last edited by Shellz: 05-21-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old
05-21-2009, 12:28 AM
Shellz

***Hypothetically***

Old
05-21-2009, 12:29 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I seriously doubt that Lombardi has any interest in Zherdev.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 12:39 AM
NYR Viper

As a Rangers fan I would be okay with this trade. They lose some skill up front and some scoring which was a problem last season but if they can sign Antropov I would love to J. Johnson in NY under Torts to see what he could do. The Rangers really lack that big, physical, mean d-man. Having Johnson, Staal and Girardi to go along with Sangs, DZ and Gilroy would make a very good top-6 in the future.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote