HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Jack Johnson Proposals thread

Old
05-21-2009, 07:35 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole View Post
Why cant we just keep our pick and Jack and sign a top level winger. Winning cures all and we are 1 forward away from being dangerous. Especially with Phoenix in financial hell, the Niedermeyer brothers most likely leaving Anaheim and a possible fire sale in San Jose.

Gaborik/Hossa-Kopitar-Brown
Frolov-Stoll-Williams
Moen-Handzus-Simmonds
Clune-Armstrong-Moulson

Doughty-Johnson
Greene-Quincey
O'Donnell-Drewiske

Quick/Ersberg
I would put Moller between Frolov and Williams, drop Stoll to the 3rd line and drop Handzus to the 4th

Gaborik/Hossa-Kopitar-Brown
Frolov-Moller-Williams
Lewis-Stoll-Chris Neil
Clune-Handzus-Simmonds

Doughty-Johnson
Quincey-Greene
O'Donnell-Drewiske/Hickey/Voynov

Quick
Ersberg

Trevor Lewis will make the lineup next year and surprise a lot of you..
That's a solid lineup, imo..

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 07:52 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I seriously doubt that Lombardi has any interest in Zherdev.
He's not a DL type player BUT that's a good thing.. Lombardi is more interested in his Philly/Sharks connections and those always end bad..

Frolov-Kopitar-Zherdev is a very scary line and if we add Hossa or Gaborik, then we'd have an even scarier top 6

Frolov-Kopitar-Zherdev
Hossa/Gaborik-Moller-Brown

Pure european top 6 except brownie.. ya i doubt this will happen

Old
05-21-2009, 08:21 AM
beastly115

Just throwin this out there:

Frolov is Zherdev's idol. Heard it on a broadcast during a game, which is probably what sparked all the Frolov to NY trade rumors a while ago. DL may be interested in seeing if uniting the two could help Zherdev reach his potential.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
He's not a DL type player BUT that's a good thing.. Lombardi is more interested in his Philly/Sharks connections and those always end bad..

Frolov-Kopitar-Zherdev is a very scary line and if we add Hossa or Gaborik, then we'd have an even scarier top 6

Frolov-Kopitar-Zherdev

DL is not going to trade for Zherdev. If anything, we'll snag Gomez or Drury, although the latter is the less favorable option.

Why are you so inclined to take Zherdev? He's a 20ish goal scorer. Purcell could turn out to be a 20ish goal scorer. Simmonds scored 9 on a checking line. We don't need to deal assets for another one. Aim higher. Brown can score 20 with a broken arm.

Winger=Gaborik, Havlat, Hossa, or even a deal for Gagne would be far better than getting this guy.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 09:19 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
There is no chance in hell Lombardi adds Zherdev.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 09:51 AM
coolbean04

Quote:

Frolov-Kopitar-Zherdev

I actually think a line of Frolov-Kopitar-Zherdev would be one of the best in the league. I think they would surprise a lot of people.

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 09:59 AM
coolbean04

Well Zherdev is only 24 and has been in the NHL for 5 seasons already, three 20+ goal seasons, and three 50+ point seasons. What has Johnson done? His value is only potential while Zherdev who's still young, still has potential and already has produced.

I like Johnson but I would expect more than just a Jackson for Zherdev swap.

I just rather not make the deal at all. I think the Rangers need another goal scorer and Zherdev is a nice secondary option on the team. We shouldn't expect him to be the team goal score leader.

We need to make trades for more scoring and not subtract it.

People talk about Antropov, I like him too but guess what??? He ran cold just like how Zherdev did.

Last edited by coolbean04: 05-21-2009 at 10:07 AM.
coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 10:05 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
No, they won't...Naslund retiring freed up $4 million in cap space, and replacing Morris with someone like Gilroy or Sanguinetti frees up at least another $2.2 million.
Not really, no. Morris counted less than 1 million against our cap last year.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 10:17 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
We need another legitimate scoring threat in the top 6, not more grit. I think he'd be a great fit with Zus and Simmer on the 3rd line though.
I think you're underestimating Callahan's scoring potential. He scored 35 goals as a rookie in the AHL and in the 21 regular season games after Torts took over, Callahan had 9 goals and 8 assists.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 11:13 AM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
There is no chance in hell Lombardi adds Zherdev.
and even a greater chance in hell he would add Gomez.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
and even a greater chance in hell he would add Gomez.
We do need another playmaking/scoring #1/2 center, so actually the chance in hell decreases with Zherdev, since he would be a redundant addition.

Stoll and Handzus are hardly #1/2 center material.

Old
05-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Trevor Lewis will make the lineup next year and surprise a lot of you..
That's a solid lineup, imo..
He will make the line-up, but I don't think he will surprise a lot of people. Traditionally, he takes one year to warm up to a league, so maybe the year after he will make some noise. Thats not to say he wont be a great player though.

Also, for all the Zherdev talk, bad idea IMO. He was lazy with Columbus, and while he was alright with the Rangers, he sucked bad in the playoffs. I just don't see him as a player I'd want on my team.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 11:54 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal View Post
We do need another playmaking/scoring #1/2 center, so actually the chance in hell decreases with Zherdev, since he would be a redundant addition.

Stoll and Handzus are hardly #1/2 center material.
I seriously think that Moller can play the number 2 center role.. Stoll will play the third and Handzus the fourth.. If not, Trevor Lewis can take over and in a couple years Loktionov will be there. Getting Scott Gomez would be a huge mistake because 1) he's not getting any younger 2) had statistically one of his worst years of his career, 16 goals and 42 assists, no thanks..

But I think he did play the number 1 center role in NYR.. I think he might fit nicely in LA as the number 2 and take alot of the pressure off his shoulders.. I'd love to get Gomez ONLY if we can get Zherdev with him, which would be somewhat impossible since we'd have to overpay.. For example I don't even think that Johnson, Stoll and Purcell would be enough to swing that deal

Old
05-21-2009, 11:56 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
He will make the line-up, but I don't think he will surprise a lot of people. Traditionally, he takes one year to warm up to a league, so maybe the year after he will make some noise. Thats not to say he wont be a great player though.

Also, for all the Zherdev talk, bad idea IMO. He was lazy with Columbus, and while he was alright with the Rangers, he sucked bad in the playoffs. I just don't see him as a player I'd want on my team.
I think he'd be a completely different player if he were to play on a line with Kopitar and Frolov, COMPLETELY different.. Someone mentioned how Zherdev looks at Frolov as one of his idols, so it's a perfect fit.. Get him over here

Old
05-21-2009, 12:02 PM
funky

would you rather have 2 2nd liners in Zherdev and Gomez or spend a couple mil more and get 2 top liners in the Sedin tiwns

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal View Post
DL is not going to trade for Zherdev. If anything, we'll snag Gomez or Drury, although the latter is the less favorable option.

Why are you so inclined to take Zherdev? He's a 20ish goal scorer. Purcell could turn out to be a 20ish goal scorer. Simmonds scored 9 on a checking line. We don't need to deal assets for another one. Aim higher. Brown can score 20 with a broken arm.

Winger=Gaborik, Havlat, Hossa, or even a deal for Gagne would be far better than getting this guy.
Zherdev's a very skilled winger, he just isn't consistent. I could see Zherdev becoming a 70 pt guy (he's only 24). I do understand that he rubs people the wrong way, and I get why you wouldn't be interested - but I think you might be selling his skill level short a little bit. Neither Purcell, or Simmonds have the top end skill that Zherdev has - IMO of coarse

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 12:08 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Zherdev's a very skilled winger, he just isn't consistent. I could see Zherdev becoming a 70 pt guy (he's only 24). I do understand that he rubs people the wrong way, and I get why you wouldn't be interested - but I think you might be selling his skill level short a little bit. Neither Purcell, or Simmonds have the top end skill that Zherdev has - IMO of coarse
Simmonds can, in Kings' fans opinion.. He's a work horse and can put up points, 9 goals as a third line winger is serious man.. Purcell not so much.. When's on top of his game, he'll put up points, but Simmonds' work ethic will match Zherdev's skill set any day.. With that being said, I'd love to have Zherdev on our team

Old
05-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Zal

Unfortunately, the Kings can't wait on another prospective talent; they have plenty of those players now. The only guy(s) I see LA swinging deals is for proven top-flight talent.

Old
05-21-2009, 12:19 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Simmonds can, in Kings' fans opinion.. He's a work horse and can put up points, 9 goals as a third line winger is serious man.. Purcell not so much.. When's on top of his game, he'll put up points, but Simmonds' work ethic will match Zherdev's skill set any day.. With that being said, I'd love to have Zherdev on our team
If JJ really wants out of LA (he may not - but if he does) getting a winger like Zherdev is a pretty good return. You can then try to sign a UFA dman or just replace from within Tuebert, Hickey, Voinov. I could see the Kings trying to add a top 6 (young) winger to their roster

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 12:21 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:

Frolov-Kopitar-Zherdev

Uh, did you forget Justin Williams? He is no slouch. Not a fan of having a 5'10" center on the second line. I love Moller. Keep him on the wing. I also dont think any big name free agent is coming to LA. We would have to really overay and Lombardi wont. The only way we get a big name is via trade.

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 12:26 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
I seriously think that Moller can play the number 2 center role.. Stoll will play the third and Handzus the fourth.. If not, Trevor Lewis can take over and in a couple years Loktionov will be there. Getting Scott Gomez would be a huge mistake because 1) he's not getting any younger 2) had statistically one of his worst years of his career, 16 goals and 42 assists, no thanks..

But I think he did play the number 1 center role in NYR.. I think he might fit nicely in LA as the number 2 and take alot of the pressure off his shoulders.. I'd love to get Gomez ONLY if we can get Zherdev with him, which would be somewhat impossible since we'd have to overpay.. For example I don't even think that Johnson, Stoll and Purcell would be enough to swing that deal
Scott Gomez is 29. He's not old by any stretch of the imagination. He's playing on the Rangers, a team that couldn't buy a goal. I think Gomez is an awesome player but he does one thing that annoys me (on the Rangers but on the Devils since he had goal scorers it worked) is to pass the puck across the ice hoping for a streaking teammate. It pisses me off because like I said the Rangers hardly ever went to the net.

If you watched the Capitals series you can see how anemic the Rangers are offensively. Gomez could and should flourish on a team with more offensive minded wingers than an aging Markus Naslund. The Rangers are all passing players, Zherdev included, and it's just a horrible fit right now. If Scott had Gaborik on his wing I'd be expecting much bigger #'s personally.

The Kings from a team improvement standpoint, imo, would be dumb not to want Scott Gomez, but from a money standpoint I can see where it doesn't seem like the best idea.

If the Kings were able to scuttle out some salary with Johnson to the Rangers I think it's a trade the Kings organization would definitely make. But that's just me.

Oh and for the record I don't want Scott Gomez traded (really) or Drury, but reality is that one of them has to for the Rangers to be able to improve offensively.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 12:33 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post

What players other than Callahan didn't suck offensively for the Rangers? Dubinsky was decent but that's about it.

Without Lundqvist, sweep city.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 01:07 PM
kingpest19

Quote:

Frolov-Kopitar-Zherdev

Not it wont. Moller isnt close to being ready to be a #2, in fact Id say hes better suited on the wing. And where is Williams?

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 01:12 PM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvage21 View Post
I'm a Rangers fan and a big Zherdev supporter BUT- if there was a deal that moved him, the Rangers first, and Byers for Jack Johnson and LA's first I would jump for joy.

Rangers 10-11 line-up

Dubinsky Gomez MPS
Grachev Anisimov Callahan
Avery Drury Korpikoski
Sjo Betts Orr

Staal Sanguinetti
Johnson Girardi
Redden Sauer

It would be a beautiful thing.
You do realize you have 5 rookies in the line up, 3 in top 6, 2 on back line, never happen. Unless there is a major trade I see Anisimov centering 3rd line. damn, I would love having JMFJ in our line up though

Last edited by nrf83: 05-21-2009 at 01:33 PM.
nrf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvage21 View Post
I'm a Rangers fan and a big Zherdev supporter BUT- if there was a deal that moved him, the Rangers first, and Byers for Jack Johnson and LA's first I would jump for joy.

Rangers 10-11 line-up

Dubinsky Gomez MPS
Grachev Anisimov Callahan
Avery Drury Korpikoski
Sjo Betts Orr

Staal Sanguinetti
Johnson Girardi
Redden Sauer

It would be a beautiful thing.
A beautiful thing if you planned to start a re-build and wanted to end the Rangers consecutive playoff entry streak...

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote