HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Soccer
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

Soccer prospects discussion threads Part III ‎

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-04-2014, 05:41 AM
  #276
Juni
Registered User
 
Juni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: London, England
Country: England
Posts: 3,268
vCash: 500
Talking of Baker, I chucked this quick video together last week to give a brief representation of, well, this:



Obviously whether he gets a pathway into the first team or not isn't solely down to him but he is a fantastic example of the sort of quality of player Chelsea are developing.

Juni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 06:37 AM
  #277
Wee Baby Seamus
I got your back
 
Wee Baby Seamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juni View Post
Talking of Baker, I chucked this quick video together last week to give a brief representation of, well, this:



Obviously whether he gets a pathway into the first team or not isn't solely down to him but he is a fantastic example of the sort of quality of player Chelsea are developing.
Wow, ambidextrous too.

Wee Baby Seamus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 10:42 AM
  #278
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,623
vCash: 500
Not sure if they've already been discussed in this topic, but Liverpool has some really nice English prospects coming up in Rossiter, Dunn, Ibe, Brannagan and Sinclair.

Brendan Rodgers is really pushing hard for development of young players through their own academy.


Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 10:20 PM
  #279
MrFunnyWobbl
Why?
 
MrFunnyWobbl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: My House, Duh.
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,381
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Okay what's the deal with that Korean kid from the Barcelona thread?

Looks exactly like messi when he runs with the ball. Finishing could use some polishing though.

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 09:57 AM
  #280
Toffu
Registered User
 
Toffu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 1180

Toffu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 04:52 PM
  #281
MrFunnyWobbl
Why?
 
MrFunnyWobbl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: My House, Duh.
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,381
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Also anyone have an update on Bruma from Portugal/Gala?

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 04:56 PM
  #282
Live in the Now
YNWA
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,949
vCash: 500
Awards:
He hurt his knee, before that looked good. I think he needs to play against better competition though.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 06:21 PM
  #283
MrFunnyWobbl
Why?
 
MrFunnyWobbl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: My House, Duh.
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,381
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
He hurt his knee, before that looked good. I think he needs to play against better competition though.
Come to Buli.

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 02:31 AM
  #284
cgf
Registered User
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffu View Post
For a while there were Rumors that Dortmund would go after him or Batshuayi to compete with Ji and Duksch for the backup striker spot. Doesn't seem likely now, although I rate him a lot and think that he'll be a key piece in this Serbian golden generation that Subotic and Matic will continue marshalling in.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2014, 07:14 PM
  #285
MrFunnyWobbl
Why?
 
MrFunnyWobbl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: My House, Duh.
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,381
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Anyone have an insite on Depay and Bakkali?

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2014, 07:32 PM
  #286
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,623
vCash: 500
Bakkali is being followed already by very big clubs for his potential. Personally I think it's a bit of overblown hype right now...but he definitely could be a star in the future.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 11:44 AM
  #287
Juni
Registered User
 
Juni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: London, England
Country: England
Posts: 3,268
vCash: 500
I really like Depay, only seen him once in the flesh and the rest on TV but he's strong, quick, confident and has that attitude of a winner from what I've seen.

Juni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 08:56 PM
  #288
MrFunnyWobbl
Why?
 
MrFunnyWobbl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: My House, Duh.
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,381
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juni View Post
I really like Depay, only seen him once in the flesh and the rest on TV but he's strong, quick, confident and has that attitude of a winner from what I've seen.
That will Depay off.

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 06:28 AM
  #289
tobo
Registered User
 
tobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Belgium
Posts: 2,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
For a while there were Rumors that Dortmund would go after him or Batshuayi to compete with Ji and Duksch for the backup striker spot. Doesn't seem likely now, although I rate him a lot and think that he'll be a key piece in this Serbian golden generation that Subotic and Matic will continue marshalling in.
I see Mitrovic stay at Anderlecht for another 2 seasons. By then he'll be ready to move abroad. Any team that wants him will have to pay a lot of money though. The Brussels based club payed 5 million euro for him, which is a record fee in our league.

In other news today, Jonathan Benteke (1995) scored his first professional goal yesterday. Christian's younger brother plays as a striker at D2 team Visé.


tobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 07:37 AM
  #290
MrFunnyWobbl
Why?
 
MrFunnyWobbl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: My House, Duh.
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,381
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Wow dat shot.

how good is halilovic?

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 07:50 AM
  #291
FreshFruit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFunnyWobbl View Post
Wow dat shot.

how good is halilovic?
Quite good.
Needs to build up muscle power and strengten its legs so that he doesn't get swept away by larger and heavier players and you have a crossbreed of Messi and Modric.

I think Halilovic's peek can be higher than Modric's. He has Messi's aggressivity and assertiveness so he can be very valuable in the future if he develops right.

Barcelona only needs to tweek his talent in right direction and reap the benefits in 3-4 years.

FreshFruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 06:32 AM
  #292
tobo
Registered User
 
tobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Belgium
Posts: 2,550
vCash: 500
Belgium got to know a new exciting talent over the weekend. Theo Bongonda (1995) scored a fantastic goal for his club Zulte-Waregem in the match against Lokeren. This is Bongonda's first season as a pro after graduating from Jean-Marc Guillou's Belgian youth academy. That Frenchman is most known for taking over another Belgian club, SK Beveren, and bringing over heaps of Côte d'Ivoire players. Among who were Yaya Touré, Emmanuel Eboué, Arthur Boka, Gervinho, Yapi Yapo, etc. Evilo, what is your (and that of others in the small world of football) view of Guillou? Do you consider him to be a slave trader and human trafficker or is he really the enlightened saviour he proclaims to be?


tobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 10:13 AM
  #293
cgf
Registered User
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,957
vCash: 500
Have I given Julian Brandt some love in this thread yet? I mean, I'm pissed cause I want either of the other teams battling Leverkusen for fourth to take it over them, Wolfsburg because they would rep the league better,and Gladbach cause they're so damn likeable, could really use the money, have a fun team and have exceptional fans, but Brandt has been absolutely massive in sparking Bayer. He's playing with great courage and cleverness, using his speed, dribbling and great sense for quick 1-2s to drive play into the danger areas.

Here's a collection of his actions against hamburg that show the flashes of brilliance and confidence that have dragged Leverkusen back to life, as well as including his mistakes and showing the polish he still needs. It's only been a half season but I'm pretty sure he'll be better than Schurrle cause Schurrle could never combine with his team mates like Brandt does so naturally.



Last edited by cgf: 04-23-2014 at 10:23 AM.
cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 04:09 AM
  #294
Evilo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: France
Country: France
Posts: 28,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobo View Post
Belgium got to know a new exciting talent over the weekend. Theo Bongonda (1995) scored a fantastic goal for his club Zulte-Waregem in the match against Lokeren. This is Bongonda's first season as a pro after graduating from Jean-Marc Guillou's Belgian youth academy. That Frenchman is most known for taking over another Belgian club, SK Beveren, and bringing over heaps of Côte d'Ivoire players. Among who were Yaya Touré, Emmanuel Eboué, Arthur Boka, Gervinho, Yapi Yapo, etc. Evilo, what is your (and that of others in the small world of football) view of Guillou? Do you consider him to be a slave trader and human trafficker or is he really the enlightened saviour he proclaims to be?

I think JMG is an amazing academy coach. Everywhere's gone, he's met tremendous success.
Just look at the Ivory Coast team and look up how many have come from his academy.

Evilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 06:58 PM
  #295
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 12,467
vCash: 500
Chelsea's youth team win the FA Youth Cup against Fulham after losing the first leg away 3-1 and being down 3-2 during the second leg to come back and win 5-3 (7-6 on aggregate, but no away goal rules).



That little kid on the right is Charly Musonda Jr. (highly rated Belgian prospect). Other top prospects such as Andreas Christensen, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Isaiah Brown and Isak Sse****ambo were involved.

ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2014, 06:30 AM
  #296
Wee Baby Seamus
I got your back
 
Wee Baby Seamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
That little kid on the right is Charly Musonda Jr. (highly rated Belgian prospect). Other top prospects such as Andreas Christensen, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Isaiah Brown and Isak Sse****ambo were involved.
The name censorship

Wee Baby Seamus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2014, 06:43 AM
  #297
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 12,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee Baby Seamus View Post
The name censorship
I didn't even notice that

Anyways, this is his profile.

ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2014, 06:02 PM
  #298
Savant
Registered User
 
Savant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Chelsea's youth team win the FA Youth Cup against Fulham after losing the first leg away 3-1 and being down 3-2 during the second leg to come back and win 5-3 (7-6 on aggregate, but no away goal rules).



That little kid on the right is Charly Musonda Jr. (highly rated Belgian prospect). Other top prospects such as Andreas Christensen, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Isaiah Brown and Isak Sse****ambo were involved.
Everytime that I have seen Christensen I have been very impressed

Ever

Savant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 10:01 AM
  #299
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,623
vCash: 500
Ezra Walian:



Dani van der Moot is a name to remember as well as Bilal Basacikoglu.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 11:35 AM
  #300
ZeroPT
Jan0ary
 
ZeroPT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,671
vCash: 450
Quite the names there.

ZeroPT is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.