HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Scott + Rob niedermayer to Vancouver

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-20-2009, 10:32 PM
  #51
VanCanucks14
Registered User
 
VanCanucks14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
His agent said Niedermayer was interested in being a Canuck in the past and gave the impression he's thinking about it yet again. He just questioned if the Canucks would have interest or cap space to be serious players.

If Niedermayer was deciding over retirement or returning to the Ducks for another year you don't hear these quotes. This is definately promising for Vancouver sports fans.
I think most Canuck fans know not to get too excited because most of the time we get let down with these types of things. I do also believe that the Niedermayers are interested in playing in Vancouver. They have been in the past as well if it weren't for cap issues. Of course I don't doubt that they would like to return to the Ducks as well. They might be interested in playing for the Canucks but that doesn't mean as much when it gets down to the negotiations. I think they're interested but it certainly doesn't mean that they will end up signing here. I wouldn't be surprised if they returned to the Ducks or Scott retired.

VanCanucks14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 10:40 PM
  #52
Talentless Practise*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
His agent said Niedermayer was interested in being a Canuck in the past and gave the impression he's thinking about it yet again. He just questioned if the Canucks would have interest or cap space to be serious players.

If Niedermayer was deciding over retirement or returning to the Ducks for another year you don't hear these quotes. This is definately promising for Vancouver sports fans.
Honestly, i think it's more about the impression you want to have from those quotes than the impression he gave. It's a Vancouver radio station asking about a guy raised near Vancouver playing in Vancouver. To me, that's just the agent being courteous.

From Scotty's own mouth, he's nowhere near decided if he wants to come back, let alone thought about where it might happen. We'll know before draft day.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 10:44 PM
  #53
DeveinedPgBc
Registered User
 
DeveinedPgBc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: left of hell pg bc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,370
vCash: 500
the reason scott didn't sign in vancouver last time was because his family got mauled at a food establishment and it scared him and his kids.true story.anaheim=no mobs....vancouver=mobs!!!!i don't see him signing this time.

and i would rather sign a bouwmeester long term (5-7 years) than have neidermeyer for one maybe two years at the end of his career.we need a longterm solution to our defence.bouw,edler and bieksa is a decent top three to build on.

DeveinedPgBc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 10:44 PM
  #54
KDizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area
Country: Japan
Posts: 8,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
I believe only three teams are in this brother race...Anaheim, Vancouver and Toronto. Where the Niedermayer's wind up is going to have a real domino effect this summer...especially with regards to the Ducks roster.
****ing dominos.
Isn't Eklund still waiting for last offseason's domino to fall?

KDizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 11:05 PM
  #55
Jerky Leclerc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Anaheim
Country: United States
Posts: 7,637
vCash: 500
We think hockey players are these altruistic creatures that play for the pleasure of the game. Like Sundin, Niedermayer will go to Vancouver if they throw a boatload of money toward his way.

Jerky Leclerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 11:06 PM
  #56
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 17,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talentless Practise View Post
Honestly, i think it's more about the impression you want to have from those quotes than the impression he gave. It's a Vancouver radio station asking about a guy raised near Vancouver playing in Vancouver. To me, that's just the agent being courteous.

From Scotty's own mouth, he's nowhere near decided if he wants to come back, let alone thought about where it might happen. We'll know before draft day.
Scott's agent let it be known Vancouver was where Niedermayer wanted to play in '06 before he signed with Anaheim. Vancouver decided to spend their remaining cap space on Markus Naslund, hence the marriage with Niedermayer and the Ducks organization. Why wouldn't that lead you to believe Scott Niedermayer has interest in playing in that market?

I wouldn't call it a lock by any stretch but it definately looks a lot more likely today than it did yesterday.

Do you ever hear comments like this with Teemu Selanne or his agent?

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 11:10 PM
  #57
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 17,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc View Post
We think hockey players are these altruistic creatures that play for the pleasure of the game. Like Sundin, Niedermayer will go to Vancouver if they throw a boatload of money toward his way.
It won't be for the money. There are other teams that could bid as high as the Canucks and they will given the chance.

If Niedermayer goes to Vancouver it will be to play closer to home. Possibly the lure of playing in a Canadian hockey market for the 1st time in his career as well.

Sundin also picked the best team of any that showed serious interest in him. It was more than just money.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 11:12 PM
  #58
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 45,213
vCash: 50
With Tsn reporting the story now, def shows how well the team1040 source really is for breaking some news.

Lucbourdon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 11:15 PM
  #59
buddhalicious
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talentless Practise View Post
Honestly, i think it's more about the impression you want to have from those quotes than the impression he gave. It's a Vancouver radio station asking about a guy raised near Vancouver playing in Vancouver. To me, that's just the agent being courteous.

From Scotty's own mouth, he's nowhere near decided if he wants to come back, let alone thought about where it might happen. We'll know before draft day.
Totally agree on both quotes. Having worked on his property in the OC and been in the same line up with him surfing, Scott is very down to earth and comfortable living in Orange County. His family loves living here too. I believe what he will base his decision on is the ability to get the contract he wants from the Ducks and their off-season acquisitions. (Sedin twins on the second line... sorry, that's my hope!) It's about winning for him. I believe the Ducks are closer to a second cup than the Canucks to their first. That's what he will base his decision on, my opinion of course.

buddhalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 11:28 PM
  #60
bumperkisser
Registered User
 
bumperkisser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty2time View Post
I'd rather have Bouwmeester at 6.5 over a bunch of years than Niedermayer at say 6 for 2 years
I don't udnerstand the big hype about this guy.. hes not THAT good severly overrated in my opinion..
he doesn't put up the big numbers like mike green... he isn't that great of a shutdown guy.. the only good thing about him is that hes young and skates like the wind... but somehow you'd rather have a young guy who was terrible in the 2nd half of the panthers season when they needed him most then a guy whos won everything and stepped up in the 2nd half of the ducks season when they needed him most? how does that make sense

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 11:32 PM
  #61
Talentless Practise*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Scott's agent let it be known Vancouver was where Niedermayer wanted to play in '06 before he signed with Anaheim. Vancouver decided to spend their remaining cap space on Markus Naslund, hence the marriage with Niedermayer and the Ducks organization. Why wouldn't that lead you to believe Scott Niedermayer has interest in playing in that market?

I wouldn't call it a lock by any stretch but it definately looks a lot more likely today than it did yesterday.
He said Scotty considered it, which is something i thought everybody was aware of. It's not news and it's certainly not a revelation that makes anything more or less likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Do you ever hear comments like this with Teemu Selanne or his agent?
When asked by Finnish media, Teemu has said multiple times he has considered coming back to Jokerit to end his career. It hasn't happened yet and i don't think it likely to happen.


http://ducks.nhl.com/team/app/?servi...ticleid=423002
Look at the guy, he just flat out says the Olympics aren't going to influence his decision alot. Now what decision you think that is, whether to continue with the Ducks or whether to continue at all. My money is on the latter.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 11:56 PM
  #62
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 17,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talentless Practise View Post
He said Scotty considered it, which is something i thought everybody was aware of. It's not news and it's certainly not a revelation that makes anything more or less likely.
He didn't say he considered it. He said they had talked about getting a deal done but Vancouver didn't have the resources to make it happen.

He then went on to say it'll depend on whether or not Vancouver is interested this summer and whether or not they'll have the resources to get it done.

This isn't just idle speculation going on here. His agent has let it be known if Niedermayer returns for another year Vancouver would definately interest him, again.

Knowing how hard Mike Gillis has wanted to add a puck mover and proven winner to the organization he'll make sure the money's available come free agency to meet any demands Niedermayer has. These comments also help prepare Gillis financially for an option he may not have thought he had 24 hours ago.

Like I said, I have a lot more doubt's about Niedermayer's ties with the Ducks organization than I did yesterday. If Scott was deciding solely between retirement and returning to the Ducks you don't hear these types of comments from his agent.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 12:07 AM
  #63
Flames Fanatic
Unclenched
 
Flames Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cochrane
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,747
vCash: 1127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Like I said, I have a lot more doubt's about Niedermayer's ties with the Ducks organization than I did yesterday. If Scott was deciding solely between retirement and returning to the Ducks you don't hear these types of comments from his agent.
Or it could just be posturing on behalf of the agent. Who knows. This could be legit or this could just be a move for their agent to say to the Ducks "give us more money or we go to the Canucks".

At the rate that these rumors are popping up, its going to be a long off season.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 12:44 AM
  #64
Static
Registered User
 
Static's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 19,330
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Louis the First View Post
, from where?

And don't go pulling through our off season roster thread, where everyone is making dream moves or the thread about the speculation of what lineups could be if he came, please provide substantial evidence that we think he's already signed.
Hyperbole?

Static is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 01:03 AM
  #65
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser
 
mrmyheadhurts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,522
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc View Post
We think hockey players are these altruistic creatures that play for the pleasure of the game. Like Sundin, Niedermayer will go to Vancouver if they throw a boatload of money toward his way.
Let me finish that thought for you:

Like Sundin, Niedermayer will go to Vancouver if they throw a boatload of money toward his way, that's the only reason anyone would sign with Vancouver. They are the worst lol!!! Luongo sux!


I know the Canucks got knocked out in the second round but will no one on these forums accept that the Canucks had a division winning team that had a legit shot at making a run? Or is it going to be same old story during this off season, where everyone picks them to be a lottery team and the only reason any one signs is for money?

mrmyheadhurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 01:30 AM
  #66
Static
Registered User
 
Static's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 19,330
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
Let me finish that thought for you:

Like Sundin, Niedermayer will go to Vancouver if they throw a boatload of money toward his way, that's the only reason anyone would sign with Vancouver. They are the worst lol!!! Luongo sux!


I know the Canucks got knocked out in the second round but will no one on these forums accept that the Canucks had a division winning team that had a legit shot at making a run? Or is it going to be same old story during this off season, where everyone picks them to be a lottery team and the only reason any one signs is for money?
I think you took his comment waay out of context. He was trying to be a dick towards Niedermayer, not Vancouver.

Static is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 01:31 AM
  #67
Randall Graves*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 18,621
vCash: 500
Ain't gonna happen, Scott will be a duck if he plays, book it

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 01:38 AM
  #68
Randall Graves*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 18,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Totally disagree.

If Niedermayer was thinking about retirement or returning to the Ducks you don't hear these comments from his agent. Considering these guy's are still under contract I'm surprised at how openly their agent was discussing the possibilities of them going to Vancouver, assuming the Canucks were interested and had the resources to get it done. This interview gives the impression Scott no longer is tied to the Ducks organization.

If Scott Niedermayer plays next year, my money's on Vancouver.

Hey Randall, did you hear his agent talk about how Vancouver was Scott's 1st choice before he signed with the Ducks? Hopefully that clears things up.
Ok so Niedermayer is not thinking of returning to Anaheim where his family is settled.

Ok

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 01:39 AM
  #69
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat
 
parabola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ಠ_ಠ
Posts: 44,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
Ain't gonna happen, Scott will be a duck if he plays, book it
Was wondering when you'd show up.

I'm bookmarking this just in case.

__________________
parabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 02:09 AM
  #70
TOML
Registered User
 
TOML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Walnut Grove
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,512
vCash: 500
"Before they signed in Anaheim that was definitely a big discussion. But at that time, it was difficult because Rob was in a situation where he was still one year away from being an unrestricted free agent, so he still had a year left to stay in Anaheim,” explained Kevin Epp, who represents both players. “In Scott's case, he was unrestricted, and considered very much playing in Canada for the Canucks or Calgary or somewhere near his off-season home and staying out West. I think everyone dreams of playing near your hometown or in Canada or in British Columbia.”

I found it odd that an agent would openly discuss this with Vancouver's media unless they are indeed really interested in going there or they are indeed looking for Anaheim to give them more cash.

Since neither have been re-signed yet in Anaheim, and that Murray had to make a bold move to acquire Whitney at the deadline, i'm leaning towards the possibility that they're going to be Canucks next season.

And here i was assuming they'd just follow Burke around. I'm waiting for that rumour to surface now.

TOML is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 02:15 AM
  #71
Randall Graves*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 18,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
Was wondering when you'd show up.

I'm bookmarking this just in case.
Please do, because he will be playing for the ducks come October.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 02:16 AM
  #72
Randall Graves*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 18,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
"Before they signed in Anaheim that was definitely a big discussion. But at that time, it was difficult because Rob was in a situation where he was still one year away from being an unrestricted free agent, so he still had a year left to stay in Anaheim,” explained Kevin Epp, who represents both players. “In Scott's case, he was unrestricted, and considered very much playing in Canada for the Canucks or Calgary or somewhere near his off-season home and staying out West. I think everyone dreams of playing near your hometown or in Canada or in British Columbia.”

I found it odd that an agent would openly discuss this with Vancouver's media unless they are indeed really interested in going there or they are indeed looking for Anaheim to give them more cash.

Since neither have been re-signed yet in Anaheim, and that Murray had to make a bold move to acquire Whitney at the deadline, i'm leaning towards the possibility that they're going to be Canucks next season.

And here i was assuming they'd just follow Burke around. I'm waiting for that rumour to surface now.
He was talking about the past, and you know what, he will be playing in Vancouver...


Next winter as part of the Canadian Olympic team, and two times, with the ducks in Vancouver. But it ain't me setting myself up for disappointment

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 02:21 AM
  #73
TOML
Registered User
 
TOML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Walnut Grove
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
He was talking about the past, and you know what, he will be playing in Vancouver...


Next winter as part of the Canadian Olympic team, and two times, with the ducks in Vancouver. But it ain't me setting myself up for disappointment
In the past it sounded like Vancouver was their first choice, but it didn't work out. Rob had a year left in Anaheim and Vancouver didn't have the cap room.

In the present they're both free and clear do go wherever they want.

Meaning they'll go to TO to play for Burke again. Duh.

TOML is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 02:21 AM
  #74
Burnaby_Joe*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,271
vCash: 500
I wouldn't be surprised if they sign in Vancouver.

Burnaby_Joe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 02:26 AM
  #75
Burnaby_Joe*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,271
vCash: 500
It would suck to see S. Niedermayer in a Canucks jersey. He's one of my favorite players of all time.

Burnaby_Joe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.