HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Help! Choice of equipement...

Old
06-11-2009, 09:46 AM
CanFan05

vCash: 500
Help! Choice of equipement...

Hey guys, i'm buying new equipment to play ballhockey in a organized league in Laval (arena surface, smooth cement floor) and I wanted some input on the models i chose to look at :

Helmet :
Bauer 9500 200$
Easton S9 90$

Visor/Cage :
Itech DX100 120$
ITech FX50 120$

Stick/Shaft :
Bauer One95 102 flex Shaft (want the Malkin blade with it but i find it's expensive @ 70$) - 130$

CCM U+ Stick with 102 flex - Lecavalier curve 190$

I'm presently using a Warrior Dolomite tapered shaft with a Sherwood blade with a Coffee curve.
My helmet is a generic CCM HT 892 with an Itech RBE-1 visor.

I find my helmet is too hot when i play inside and I tend to think a two-piece is better for me because my blade gets roughed up pretty badly 'cause of the smooth cement surface (PTM in Laval). I have a bit of a case of the stone hands but i'm a great shooter so do you think changing my stick for one of the above will make a big difference? I tried the sticks (stickhandling)and they seemed nice but could not shoot with any of them (store does not let you do it).

Help!!

CanFan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 05:43 PM
raganblink

Helmet :
Bauer 9500 200$
Easton S9 90$

Visor/Cage :
Itech DX100 120$
ITech FX50 120$

Stick/Shaft :
Bauer One95 102 flex Shaft (want the Malkin blade with it but i find it's expensive @ 70$) - 130$

CCM U+ Stick with 102 flex - Lecavalier curve 190$

this is canadian$, correct? if it is american you are getting ripped.

as for the equipment: 9500 is a nice helemt but not the best for ventilation, so therefore i'd so no. i'd get the s17, amazing cooling.
ur cages are overpriced. if looking for visor just get an oakley.
one95 is a great stick for performance and durability. the uplus is being replaced by the crazy lite, and that will become the top of the line one for ccm. id get that, personally. one95 will probably be ur best bet though.

and your wasting money on that shield/cage, really, get a 75 CAN oakley shield, youll do fine with that.

raganblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 09:15 PM
AIREAYE

wow you must be pretty rich, either go with th e Easton or maybe try a Mission Intake

I wouldn't go for a cage, maybe a visor, cuz a ball is less painful than a puck in the face

One95 is a great choice, go with the 2piece selection, cuz u can change the blade when it gets rough

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote